Space Shuttle...Wish I was home

02ViperTodd

Junior Audioholic
The shuttle is taking off soon and I'm stuck at the office. I'd sure like to see it on the HT. I've always liked the Apollo 13 movie when it takes off. The sound is awsume and the whole room shakes...I gotta go home!!
Todd

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Do you happen to know what station is broadcasting the launch?

Shuttle launch is scheduled at 2:45pm EST.

-pat

02ViperTodd

Junior Audioholic
I'm watching NASA TV on the internet which I also have on Direct TV. Most of the news channels will carry it but I think NASA TV is the best coverage.
Todd

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I'm watching NASA TV on the internet which I also have on Direct TV. Most of the news channels will carry it but I think NASA TV is the best coverage.
Todd
Um...no fair...I only have digital cable. I bet coverage here in Phoenix will be spotty at best. And, there's not enough time to get a DVI cable to hook my pc into my TV!

-pat

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
There's absolutely no substitue for seeing a lauch live and in-person. Just one of the random luxuries we have here in Florida - you can drive a couple hours and see it as it happens. :D

02ViperTodd

Junior Audioholic
I'm in Atlanta but the closest I've seen it take off is from St. Augustine peer during a night launch. That was awsome! It's amazing how fast the thing gets beyond sight.

majorloser

majorloser

Sorry dude!

The launch was awesome today. Clear skies and nice weather. :cool:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Got to see it on the news. Pretty cool and some great shots!

-pat

majorloser

majorloser

Space Shuttle Launches in HD

HDNET :D

Fri, Feb 8 - 7:00 PM ET
4:00 PM PT NASA on HDNet

Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-122 Launch - After two frustrating months for NASA, trying to fix faulty fuel sensors, Space Shuttle Atlantis is due to blast off from the Kennedy Space Center. Its crew will continue construction on the International Space Station, and try to fix problems on the solar arrays outside the station itself. World Report correspondent Greg Dobbs and veteran shuttle astronaut Sam Gemar will anchor HDNet's live coverage of the launch.
Special Encore Presentation

Sat, Feb 9 - 2:00 PM ET
11:00 AM PT NASA on HDNet

Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-122 Launch - After two frustrating months for NASA, trying to fix faulty fuel sensors, Space Shuttle Atlantis is due to blast off from the Kennedy Space Center. Its crew will continue construction on the International Space Station, and try to fix problems on the solar arrays outside the station itself. World Report correspondent Greg Dobbs and veteran shuttle astronaut Sam Gemar will anchor HDNet's live coverage of the launch.
Special Encore Presentation

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
My employees just stepped in the parking lot and watched it. As mentioned clear skies and loud rumble. Being less than 25 miles from the pad there is no need for HD.:)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Mudshark, that "Thanks" is for rubbing salt in my wound!

-pat

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
There's absolutely no substitue for seeing a lauch live and in-person. Just one of the random luxuries we have here in Florida - you can drive a couple hours and see it as it happens. :D
Ha Ha. I don't have to drive at all. It flies right over my house. :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Rub some more...rub some more...

I'm going to make a DVD with some launches for fun. It's been a long time since I've watched any.

-pat

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Ha Ha. I don't have to drive at all. It flies right over my house. :D

I would have thought that in your restricted deed neighborhood Nasa would have to have written permission from snob hill.:D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I would have thought that in your restricted deed neighborhood Nasa would have to have written permission from snob hill.:D
I live at the top of that hill. :eek: Anything I can do for Nasa to help. They want to fly over my neighborhood, I'll get it handled. :D

S

sparky77

Full Audioholic
Good one Mazer, the best launch I've seen here was an ICBM test launch, and I thought that was impressive, lol. Those things are HUGE.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
They launch rockets here all the time. But nothing is as impressive to watch as the Space Shuttle. Night launches are especially awesome.

If you haven't seen a shuttle launch before, your time is running out. Only 12 more launches before the Space Shuttle program is retired forever.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
They launch rockets here all the time. But nothing is as impressive to watch as the Space Shuttle. Night launches are especially awesome.

If you haven't seen a shuttle launch before, your time is running out. Only 12 more launches before the Space Shuttle program is retired forever.
Really? They're going to scrap the space shuttle? I've never seen one go up before, that stinks!:mad: What do I have, about a couple of years?:eek::mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis