Superbowl Champions New York Giants

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
I was not aware that the rivalry with the Eagles was that intense. The teams have rarely been good at the same time. I guess it comes from playing so often for nearly 80 years.

I loved Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It must be hard to find a young act that can do a song without profanity. If one is angry about the world that is fine but there should be a song in there somewhere. Also great to hear one of Florida's own.

AT the end I kept thinking of Michael's 'Do you believe in miracles?'. Only this miracle was in the desert not on ice.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was not aware that the rivalry with the Eagles was that intense. The teams have rarely been good at the same time. I guess it comes from playing so often for nearly 80 years.
The Eagles/Giants rivalry is incredibly intense- in some cases I think even more intense than the rivalries against the Skins or the Cowboys. My friend has season tickets to the Giants and he says that it's consistently the game each year where the most fights break out in the stands. I was actually at the Eagles/Giants game this year at Giants stadium (where McNabb got sacked 12 times), and literally every 10 minutes somebody was getting thrown out of the game for fighting. Conversely, I was at the Giants vs. Jets game the very next weekend (which isn't really a rivalry at all- but they do share a stadium) and there wasn't even one fight.

Philly vs. NY/NJ sports teams extends well outside of football- Mets vs. Phillies, Flyers vs. Devils/Rangers (Scott Stevens blowing up Eric Lindros :D), Knicks vs. Sixers. The two cities are only 90 miles apart, and both essentially share NJ as a suburb.

majorloser

majorloser

I was at the Giants vs. Jets game the very next weekend (which isn't really a rivalry at all- but they do share a stadium) and there wasn't even one fight.
That's because there is no such thing as a Jets fan. :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
aberkowitz,

Are you going to the Parade? Who else is going? I hate living in Florida. I miss everything. :(

"You Suck" :D

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

aberkowitz,

Are you going to the Parade? Who else is going? I hate living in Florida. I miss everything. :(

"You Suck" :D
Haha- I'd love to be going, but alas I have to work. Some key folks I work with are leaving for London tomorrow evening, and I have to meet with them during the day to plan work for the rest of the week. These things happen when you work for an investment bank.

I'm really not too happy about it, but it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow- I'll watch the recap on tv!

What you really missed was the screaming that went on in the streets of the city last night. It was absolutely insane!

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
tomd51 wrote

"Wow, haven't seen this many teenage messages since Hanna Montana was in town... -TD"
So how was the show? Did your ticket cost you much?

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
My folks live 25 miles from NYC and called as game ended asking if I wanted to come up for parade on Tuesday, you couldnt pay me to deal with the crowds and traffic. NYC is a great place.....to visit, but then all the crap you have to deal with to get there, and deal with the masses makes it a great place to stay away from aswell.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

My folks live 25 miles from NYC and called as game ended asking if I wanted to come up for parade on Tuesday, you couldnt pay me to deal with the crowds and traffic. NYC is a great place.....to visit, but then all the crap you have to deal with to get there, and deal with the masses makes it a great place to stay away from aswell.
If they live 25 miles away, then they must be near one of the 72 forms of mass transit that run directly into NYC. It's really easy to get into, out of, and around NYC via public transportation (one of the few cities in the world you can say that about)- and if there's any day to be spending with the masses, masses of giants fans, it's TODAY!!!!

Your logic makes no sense, and you've been suspended from your Giants fandom privileges for 1 regular season game. You will be forced to serve the suspension by watching a tripleheader of women's billiards, the Miami Dolphins season opener, and ESPN's Sports Reporters on opening day of the 2008 football season.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
If they live 25 miles away, then they must be near one of the 72 forms of mass transit that run directly into NYC. It's really easy to get into, out of, and around NYC via public transportation (one of the few cities in the world you can say that about)- and if there's any day to be spending with the masses, masses of giants fans, it's TODAY!!!!

Your logic makes no sense, and you've been suspended from your Giants fandom privileges for 1 regular season game. You will be forced to serve the suspension by watching a tripleheader of women's billiards, the Miami Dolphins season opener, and ESPN's Sports Reporters on opening day of the 2008 football season.
Dude, I totally agree with Chad. I've only been to NYC a few times, but dealing with all the masses of people in Manhattan is a serious pain in the ***. The last time I was there was just before the Disney movie Hercules came out. They had a Disney parade in Manhattan and the amount of people there was INSANE!!! It looked like New Year's Eve. We couldn't get within a couple of blocks of the parade route. I did get to see a pretty cool chick fight while waiting for the subway though.

I can't imagine what it's going to be like with the Giants winning the Super Bowl. Then again, had every one of the Chargers not been injured, thus they would have destroyed the Pats, then gone on to stomp the Giants, and won the Super Bowl, I'd probably brave just about anything to celebrate with my fellow Bolt brethren. :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
You will be forced to serve the suspension by watching a tripleheader of women's billiards, the Miami Dolphins season opener, and ESPN's Sports Reporters on opening day of the 2008 football season.
I will HAPPILY watch women's billiards if Jeanette Lee's playing.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The Eagles/Giants rivalry is incredibly intense- in some cases I think even more intense than the rivalries against the Skins or the Cowboys. My friend has season tickets to the Giants and he says that it's consistently the game each year where the most fights break out in the stands. I was actually at the Eagles/Giants game this year at Giants stadium (where McNabb got sacked 12 times), and literally every 10 minutes somebody was getting thrown out of the game for fighting. Conversely, I was at the Giants vs. Jets game the very next weekend (which isn't really a rivalry at all- but they do share a stadium) and there wasn't even one fight.

Philly vs. NY/NJ sports teams extends well outside of football- Mets vs. Phillies, Flyers vs. Devils/Rangers (Scott Stevens blowing up Eric Lindros :D), Knicks vs. Sixers. The two cities are only 90 miles apart, and both essentially share NJ as a suburb.
I don't agree with the way the fans on both sides behave but it is what it is.

Your right about going beyond football...I can't wait for the Phillies and Mets this year! Hitting vs. pitching should be alot of fun!!!:cool:

SBF1

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

I did get to see a pretty cool chick fight while waiting for the subway though.
Isn't that reason enough to want to go????? :D

I'd probably brave just about anything to celebrate with my fellow Bolt brethren. :D
Exactly... if you're a fan of a team, you should be willing to do anything to want to go celebrate.

The nice thing about where they hold victory parades in NYC (all the way downtown by Wall St. and City Hall) is that you end up avoiding the Times Square, broadway show, and shopping tourist crowds. On a day like today the tourist crowd that usually visits Ground Zero, the South St. Seaport, and Wall St. were probably greatly minimized.

The other awesome thing about that area is that 80+% of the city's subway lines run had a stop within a block or two of the parade route, so it was quite easy to get down there.

I ended up watching it via streaming video while doing work :mad:

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
What do I care?, I am a Browns fan (or victim). Besides womens billiards may offer a wardrobe malfunction right?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What do I care?, I am a Browns fan (or victim). Besides womens billiards may offer a wardrobe malfunction right?
At least you've got 6 players going to the Pro Bowl,...........................

since Tom Brady, Jamal Williams and Antonio Gates aren't playing. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis