User Name -please explain

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
My id is from Indonesian language. Masak = cook/boil, aer = slang for water, the right word should be "air". So it actually means "boiling water". That pretty much sums up what i can do around the kitchen.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
:eek: And where were you between 1976 and 1977?
Wouldn't you like to know????? :eek:

I wasn't born until 79- so that absolves me. And the Son of Sam was adopted- his original surname was Falco.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Mines my first name "Seth". "=" is a random character I chose to avoid wasting time trying to come up with a valid username. "L" is the first letter of my last name.:)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Mines my first name "Seth". "=" is a random character I chose to avoid wasting time trying to come up with a valid username. "L" is the first letter of my last name.:)
And here I thought it meant "Seth is Love".:D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I wish I was into Honda when I joined...
Sheep, I'm sure glad you wrote more than just that in your post. I thought it was goin' some where baaaaaaaaaad! :eek:

Mine's just my first initial and last name. Nothing fancy.

-pat

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Only one member, HIFiHoney knew my user name was a tribute to the late great FZ.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
And here I thought it meant "Seth is Love".:D
LOL, me too! :D

My user name comes from a number of things, originally from The Simpsons episode The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, then expanded to include Battlestar Galactica upon realization that a Cylon model Number Five has the same first name as me.

Still later, it was reminded me that the robot in Short Circuit was named Number five.

But in the end, I guess it's "no. 5" just because I like how it sounds.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
STRONGBAD is for Strongbad from homestarrunner.com and F1 is for Formula 1 auto racing. Don't get to the Strongbad e-mails much anymore but I still watch F1. (Go Kimi:D)

Do I really need to explain mine? :rolleyes:
A few stories wouldn't hurt...:D

SBF1

Senior Audioholic
Well 10010011 is binary that equals 93 in hex, 223 on octal, 147 in decimal, and the extended ASCII of ô (Latin small letter o with circumflex).:cool:

That does it mean? :confused: I don't know, I just needed a clever user name and used something like this on another board or two...

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Hey all,

I started using the crashkelly about 12 years ago after a motor cycle accident I was involved in. After about 4 months in hospital I was released to my parents care, I was 26, for further recovery. I was basically house bound as I learned to walk and that all over again and during that time found the early stages of the Internet including chat rooms and forums. Stuck for a username I picked the biggest thing on my mind at the time, the crash, and stuck it with my last name, kelly, to come up with crashkelly.

Not the most original, but it has stuck for 12 years :D

Cheers
Michael

Oh yeah, if you hadn't guessed, my first name is Michael. I am up there with mazersteven and don't hide behind the keyboard. Not at all inferring that anyone here does that, it just comes from the personal experience of dealing with people on the net that are not who they say, or claim, to be.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Well 10010011 is binary that equals 93 in hex, 223 on octal, 147 in decimal, and the extended ASCII of ô (Latin small letter o with circumflex).:cool:

That does it mean? :confused: I don't know, I just needed a clever user name and used something like this on another board or two...
Every time I see that username I think 'what is the significance of 147'? I was going to ask what it meant but never did.

dilznoofus

dilznoofus

Audioholic Intern
Only one member, HIFiHoney knew my user name was a tribute to the late great FZ.
2 members.

dilznoofus, and the origins thereof:

"Gazizza, dilznoofus, this is Bill McNeal saying, get with the crazappy taste of Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor! Rocket Fuel's got the upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long. So when you want to get sick, remember, nothing makes your feet stank like Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor. Damn, it's crazappy!" - Phil Hartman on News Radio

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
My name's Darien and I graduated high school in 1987. At most places, I can't just register under Darien, so I added a couple of numbers to it.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Well...Tom Morrow would explain mine. But it doesn't. :)

I wanted a screen name that wasn't a thing, but was more of a concept. I liked Yesterday, but that seemed so...passe. ;) At my age I have trouble living in the now...so that put the kibosh on Today.

Plus, I'm a procrastinator...Tomorrow it is.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think I need to explain mine either...and no it has nothing to do with Jerry.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis