A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Anybody get it yet? Which console and what do you think?

Anybody notice framerate hitches on the ps3 version?

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I got it on 360. So far, I've played 7 total games (5-2) and it is my first "next-gen" football game as I've played it on PS2 for the last however many years up til last years game.

I love it. It isn't glitch free, I've missed a 54 yd field goal (shanked it off the upright) and the computer said it was good and I got 3 points. Weird. And, I've had my QB (Favre) hike the ball and then "jog" in place, with no buttons or sticks working, just him jogging there in place, until he got sacked.

But I have yet to play a sports game ever that is glitch-free.

I have had fun playing and look forward to playing it some more after work tonight. I took off work all day yesterday to get my game on. It was awesome.

Runs smooth, looks good. Real-time, real-world sportscenter updates break in when you aren't playing a game and you're just in the lobby or tweaking rosters. That caught me off guard, but it is cool.

all-in-all, i like it alot so far.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Favre actually used to do that at times!
Like when he let Strahan sack him to break the season sack record :)

I'm torn. 360 is 60fps with achievements, but i'd have to pay to reinstate Live Gold to play online. Versus 30fps and free online on PS3. Ack!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I played it on my regular xbox, but I only played one half, but so far I like it a lot.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not planning on getting it because it's 720p and my TV doesn't do 720. Plus I think ESPN put out a much better game. Screw EA.

I've heard weird things about it, like fumbles happen WAY too frequently. One guy said LT fumbled 3 times in one game!!! Gimme a break. When was the last time LT fumbled? One guy said Merriman did his "Lights out" dance after a sack. I'd like to see that.

R

RuffRyder93

Enthusiast
I herd this game plays the best on the x-box 3060 from ...i cant remember....ummm...ya....im getting for pc right now so ill tell you how it is compared to xbox360 hen i get it 4 that to...lol

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I've got it for PC.

Much bettert than Madden 07. More balanced gameplay. It's fun.

M

monsteraudio

Enthusiast
ESPN made a much better game, its a shame the way the NFL let EA buy up all the rights:(. People should really rent both games I am positive the majority will like 2k8 better.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
ESPN made a much better game, its a shame the way the NFL let EA buy up all the rights:(. People should really rent both games I am positive the majority will like 2k8 better.
Well, from what I understand, it was 2K who initially looked into paying to have an exclusive NFL rights contract for a video game, and the NFL in turn put it out there to be bid on and of course EA won that bidding.

I played the demo of 2k8 and my impression was "eh...". I need the NFL license and franchise mode in my football games.

I haven't been too impressed with 2k or EA on any of the next-gen sports titles i've played. They can sure look pretty...but parts the gameplay and lack of options that used to be standard really baffles me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis