Audioholics, weigh in.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep, How you doing on the bike any accidents any problems with techniques or skills in handling the machine?
Only crash I've had that was any bit serious was a sprained ankle, and this injury happened doing a trick. Never have I hit my head falling off my bike, or anywhere NEAR a bike for that matter. My only head injury happened at work, maybe I should avoid that.

There is actually some great instructional videos for trials riding on Youtube. All performed by Ryan Leech. I'll post the videos for the tricks I can do.

Pedal Kick. (I can only do small ones)

Zap Tap.

Wheelie drop.

Wheelie.

Bunny Hop. (Can't go as high as him though)

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, someone that defines a 'bunny hop' they way I learned it when I was a kid - front wheel up first and then pull up the back wheel. A lot of people did it with both wheels up at the same time when I was a kid.

One thing I remember and never see mentioned anywhere is what we called a 'tank slap'. For all I know it is still done but has a new cool name nowadays. This is where you are riding forward and you lift the back wheel off the ground and move it either left or right. It's only real purpose when I was a kid was to knock down garbage cans as you rode by them. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, someone that defines a 'bunny hop' they way I learned it when I was a kid - front wheel up first and then pull up the back wheel. A lot of people did it with both wheels up at the same time when I was a kid.

One thing I remember and never see mentioned anywhere is what we called a 'tank slap'. For all I know it is still done but has a new cool name nowadays. This is where you are riding forward and you lift the back wheel off the ground and move it either left or right. It's only real purpose when I was a kid was to knock down garbage cans as you rode by them. :)
YES! I was talking to someone about that move just the other day, and we both didn't know what it was called. If you're moving, it's a tailwhip. If you're stationary, it's a form of "Rocking". That's one I forgot to put up there....

It took me about a month of solid riding to learn how to pedal kick.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
And for those that think all bikes are equal, here is a picture of my bike. I've posted it up here before, but this photo is more recent (took it today).

As you can see, it has literally NO gearing.

SheepStar

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
And for those that think all bikes are equal, here is a picture of my bike. I've posted it up here before, but this photo is more recent (took it today).

As you can see, it has literally NO gearing.

SheepStar
Wow I call that (stunt work) you’d never catch me doing that on a bike. Sorry I just don’t have the bottle to do that. It looks very impressive the technique and skill, yes very impressive.

Maybe in another life I might try that but, I’m afraid I like to keep both wheels on the ground as much as possible. I haven’t cycled in little over 1 ½ years now.:( I haven’t cycled in little over 1 ½ years now. By the way that’s nice looking machine I can tell iyt cost at least £500.00 plus.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
The Wheelie, (counterbalance) I have only done this once and it scared the hell out of me, because I realized if I had lost “counterbalance” I’d fall backwards flat on my back in the middle of busy road. I had no intension of doing it at the traffic lights, it just happened because I was in hurry and I just throttled all my energy on the peddles and the whole bike lifted upwards and I was wheeling across the traffic lights for a brief moment until I realized and then moved forwards to place the front wheel back down on the ground.

One other thing I can do and thou it’s rather dangerous, is cycling without no hands on the (handlebars) whilst cycling up a hill. I select the first gear and let the bike slow down while approaching it, just as the bike starts to climb steadily upwards, and then (counterbalance) my weight to equal that of the hill angle, and I find it so relaxing. And I get strange looks form other cyclists who are struggling to get up the hill, because all there weight is in the front, humping and puffing away while I say, how are you or good afternoon.

This would be “Constitution Hill” at Poole which is about 5 miles west from where I live.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow I call that (stunt work) you’d never catch me doing that on a bike. Sorry I just don’t have the bottle to do that. It looks very impressive the technique and skill, yes very impressive.

Maybe in another life I might try that but, I’m afraid I like to keep both wheels on the ground as much as possible. I haven’t cycled in little over 1 ½ years now.:( I haven’t cycled in little over 1 ½ years now. By the way that’s nice looking machine I can tell iyt cost at least £500.00 plus.
$1500 when I bought it new (Canadian). It's now 6 years old and still going strong. Only replaced a chain, and rear derailer. However, the forks need new seals, and I don't know how much that is going to cost. The brakes for this bike were 400 alone.

SheepStar

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
$1500 when I bought it new (Canadian). It's now 6 years old and still going strong. Only replaced a chain, and rear derailer. However, the forks need new seals, and I don't know how much that is going to cost. The brakes for this bike were 400 alone.

SheepStar
Whoa! So missed a grand! Well I was close, yeah, so how lightweight is it? Is it easy to lift, hold up with one arm? I take it the picture in the above is recent the colour looks nice as well.:)

I take it you have a lock for it? Because that wouldn’t last 5 minutes in Boscombe without being locked up!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Whoa! So missed a grand! Well I was close, yeah, so how lightweight is it? Is it easy to lift, hold up with one arm? I take it the picture in the above is recent the colour looks nice as well.:)
Yeah, it's around 22-24 pounds as shown. The frame is made of Chromoly steel, not alluminum like the super light bikes (or carbon fiber). I want a new frame though, one that is smaller (13inches vs. 15inches).

SheepStar

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Yeah, it's around 22-24 pounds as shown. The frame is made of Chromoly steel, not alluminum like the super light bikes (or carbon fiber). I want a new frame though, one that is smaller (13inches vs. 15inches).

SheepStar
I had a (claud butler) racing bike frame, oh many years ago many and it was so lightweight, I could keep up with buses on the road which are doing around 30MPH, this was when I was around 14 yars old, today I can only manage around 15MPH at best.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai

SheepStar
I've got a Klein attitude comp about the same vintage. Not nearly as pretty as yours...it's showing its' age and battle scars. But a real comfortable ride...fits me like a glove.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I've got a Klein attitude comp about the same vintage. Not nearly as pretty as yours...it's showing its' age and battle scars. But a real comfortable ride...fits me like a glove.
Oh yeah... most of my bikes damage cram from it falling off a bike rack. Parents used it on a trip and forgot to strap it down.. luckily it fell off on my street, and not the highway.

SheepStar

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Oh yeah... most of my bikes damage cram from it falling off a bike rack. Parents used it on a trip and forgot to strap it down.. luckily it fell off on my street, and not the highway.

SheepStar
Hmm what’s this a bike on the highway? Snatch!:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Only you notice stuff like that Sheep. ;) And only you post stuff like that Sheep! ;)
Rofl, I started a thread for mine when I hit it. And boy did I HIT it.

Haha, lucy lu.

SheepStar

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Those clamp brakes cost 400$$$$$!!!!

If I may ask, why didn't you just go disk, you would then have at least better all weather condition stopping?

My buddy rides big drop trails he has some 4200 buck crazy unit with wave rotors and 4.XX of rear travel etc... they can make some insane machines!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis