avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Seems as if MS is trying deal with the PS3 recent sale hike due to their price drop with their own. While not quiet a generous it seems like it might do the trick to push people over the edge...lets see if they fix their three ring problem...

Source.

Matt34

Matt34

I was at Best Buy picking up 300 and Hot Fuzz today, almost caved in and bought a 360, sure glad I didn't now.

< Patiently waits for August 12 now.:D

Last edited:
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
If I were you I would wait until it is confirmed that MS is shipping the new 360 with the new cooler running processor, I think it is supposed to happen by the end of the month. I will look into it more for you.

Edit: still no release date this is the best I can find...

Last edited:
N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
outstanding... i guess once ccity sends me my $400 GC i'll just have to wait for the elite with new chips and only have to pay a $60 differance... yey :D

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Seems as if MS is trying deal with the PS3 recent sale hike due to their price drop with their own.
I doubt that's the reason for the price cut, as the sales numbers aren't out yet. The June numbers came out and the 360 outsold the PS3 198,000 to 98,000 (this is from memory, i may be off by a little). It was a 2:1 margin. The Wii outsold them both. I think the PSP outsold the PS3 too.

Undoubtedly, the PS3 sold more briskly after the price drop. I bought one about a week after the drop, but there was still ample supply at the EBgames i went to, and no Wii's to be found.

Matt34

Matt34

Picked up a 360 Elite today from Best Buy. They will price match up to 30 days of purchase so I'll just take the receipt back if the price drop happens on the 12th.:D

majorloser

majorloser

I haven't bought it yet.
I guess I'll wait a little while longer:eek:

Waiting for Halo 3 anyway.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If I had an LCD, I would be all over a PS3. Stupid SDTV.

SheepStar

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Not low enough.

I won't even consider it until the failure rate drops.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Not low enough.

I won't even consider it until the failure rate drops.
While I agree with you MS has taken some steps to fix the problem. Newer models have a different, cooler running, processor as well as additional heat sinks. Hopefully these solve the problem.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
While I agree with you MS has taken some steps to fix the problem. Newer models have a different, cooler running, processor as well as additional heat sinks. Hopefully these solve the problem.
The die size was changed, I still have yet to see any reports that the new batches are more reliable than the old ones.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis