UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
clouds...

Yes, I know..... :D

........but it's always fun being dragged into these kinds of discussions.

HEH..... it's like arguing over which is the best breakfast cereal.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
clouds...

Yes, I know..... :D

........but it's always fun being dragged into these kinds of discussions.

HEH..... it's like arguing over which is the best breakfast cereal.
LOL, Of course it's fun. BTW, the answer is clearly Fruit Loops. :D:D

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
WHAT!!!???? everybody KNOWS Frosted Flakes is king!!:D

Yes, F1 is the soccer of racing, wildly popular worldwide, not so much in the "US and A", and if you think about it, for mainly the same two reasons:
1. not enough scoring. You need to watch the whole event to see the sublime. That's not acceptable to the average American who needs immediate gratification.
2. to spite the rest of the world, as if having W was not enough :D

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I can see one thing we all agree on, no one likes adult cereals! :)

majorloser

majorloser

Any Predictions for Montreal?

Formula 1 is back in North America :cool:

Can "The Iceman" Kimi Raikkonen get his butt back in the race? Can Ferrari pull a 1-2 finish? (Not likely since they both are on old engines) Or will McLaren continue the leading pace they're holding on to? And let's not foget BMW. They pulled out a good showing in Monaco.

(BTW- "Berry Burst Cheerios-Stawberry Banana" is the she-ot)

annunaki

annunaki

I personally think Monaco was a bit of a fluke for Ferrari. Their longer wheelbase and aero package really did not work well on the street circuit. Their wind tunnel had a drive belt break and it was out of comission for some time before the race. Not to mention, Ferrari was behind the the pace of McLaren during the Paul Ricard test on the Monaco Layout. The latter two days of the test had Ferrari topping the time sheets on the Canadian layout.

Ferrari will be strong in Canada and Indianapolis. Their car trims out very nicely for high speed circuits with very good aero efficiency. If it is anything like last year at the USGP, I think McLaren will be fighting with BMW and Ferrari will do to McLaren what they (McLaren) did to them in Monaco.

As far as them being on their second race with the engine, Massa said it should not be an issue as they backed off quite a bit when they realized how quick McLaren was at Monaco.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/06/06/monaco_loss_will_help_ferrari_s_canada_form_massa/

Kimi will need to step it up this weekend if he is to have a shot at the title though. Massa is looking stronger every race now. Hamilton will get the better of Alonso soon as well. He is briliant for being a rookie. So few mistakes.

majorloser

majorloser

Hamilton will get the better of Alonso soon as well. He is briliant for being a rookie. So few mistakes.
I just don't like his cocky attitude. He's a rookie. He doesn't even give his teammate, two time world champion, the respect he deserves.

Hamilton is due for a mechanical failure. Let's see how he deals with defeat.

annunaki

annunaki

Hamilton is due for a mechanical failure. Let's see how he deals with defeat.

I think McLaren are due for a mechanical failure. How they go from frailty to bullet proof is shocking?

I really do not see much cockiness from Hamilton. I see confidence for sure but he still seems fairly humble. He has proved so far he can take it to Alonso. Alonso does not go well at the USGP so he may find himself outclassed by the rookie there by a far margin.

majorloser

majorloser

2007 Canadian Grand Prix

All I can say about this race............

WTF

The safety car got almost as many laps as the drivers, two black flags, drivers sliding all over the place, stupid driver mistakes, Toyota finished #3, no Ferrari in the top three, Takuma Sato passing Alonso for a higher finish of 6th, spectacular crash by Kubica (he's OK)...................

There was too much weird stuff going on. But what would you expect from Canada :D

(Some how I'll bet the Sheep had something to do with this)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
All I can say about this race............

WTF

The safety car got almost as many laps as the drivers, two black flags, drivers sliding all over the place, stupid driver mistakes, Toyota finished #3, no Ferrari in the top three, Takuma Sato passing Alonso for a higher finish of 6th, spectacular crash by Kubica (he's OK)...................

There was too much weird stuff going on. But what would you expect from Canada :D

(Some how I'll bet the Sheep had something to do with this)
Yea I blame Sheep too!:p

Alonso had to have a major handling problem. He was off track 3 or 4 times that I saw. Kimi is the one I don't get...what's up???:confused: It almost seams like if he can't be first then it doesn't matter to him. He's way too inconsistant. I've been disapointed in him. I hope I'm wrong though because when he's on he is the fastet thing on four wheels. IMO

SBF1

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Come on guys it's Canada, what did you expect?:rolleyes: Sheeeeep!

annunaki

annunaki

Toyota did not finish #3. Alex Wurz in the Williams-Toyota finished on the third step of the podium.

annunaki

annunaki

Way to go Hamilton. First win on his first time out on the track. I am willing to bet he very well could win back to back as Alonso does not go well at Indianapolis. He could further improve his championship position at Indy. IF he wins at Indy the hype for the British GP is going to be crazy.

I am not sure what is wrong with Ferrari. They seem to be losing it on the developmental side of things. Schumacher in the same car would be fighting neck and neck with the McLarens. My boys in red are letting me down. This will be the first year at the USGP in which M. Schumacher will not win.:D

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
I was seated in Grandstand 22, about 100 meters from Kubica's accident, and all I can say is thank god for F1's obsession with driver safety. The unbelieveably quick response by marshalls and medical personnel to the accident was truly a sight to behold. The accident was incredibly violent, the car and medical personal did their job's perfectly. An accident like this in the 60's, 70's, and 80's would have almost certainly meant serious injury or death to the driver.

What a strange race it was, however, it was a very good one to watch live, lots of overtaking. Oh and the crowd went crazy chanting "Sato" after his pass on Alonso. Go Super Aguri! They have more points this year than the factory Honda team.

What a race by Hamilton, without all the Safety Cars and flags, he would have certainly won the race by a very wide margin. I think Alonso has some competition to fear. Lewis is most certainly the real deal, I'm glad I got to see his first GP win.

annunaki

annunaki

When my wife and I say that accident we thought he would be seriously injured. I had that gut turning feeling seeing the car launch right into the barrier head on. Kind of the same feeling you get watching Senna's crash.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Had I not watched the Canadian GP, I would have passed going to Indy this year. Yes, the safety car was out a lot, but there was a lot going on, unusual drivers at the podium, etc. It was fun to watch!
So yesterday I drove all the way from Chicago to the Indianapolis Speedway, sat in the sun, and enjoyed the best USGP we've had in years. Prior to the race I had the "honor" of having Luca di Montezemolo's girlfriend walk near me. She's exactly what you'd expect from the head of Ferrari.

majorloser

majorloser

Usgp

WOW, what a great race. Any of you out there say there's no passing in F1 should have seen that race. Some crazy driving by all. Including some incredible side-by-side driving through the turns. Enough paint swapping and tire rubbing to make a NASCAR fan happy.

And for once the broadcast picture quality was great.

It looked like there was plenty of good seats empty in the stands, too.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
It looked like there was plenty of good seats empty in the stands, too.
That, unfortunately, is true, about a third full... Still, I heard that this weekend is better for Indianapolis's economy than the other 2 big ones (brickyard 400, Indy 500).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis