Are YOU an Audioholic? Take the Test!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Did you know that 1 in 3 people suffer from some form of Audio Addiction? 1 in 3! Of those people, 21% suffer from the most severe form, Audioholicism. Did you know that 82.5% of statistics are made up on the spot by writers trying to be overly clever? Well, Audioholics.com in conjunction with The Home Theater Alliance, AV Rant, and the OPRA Opine Ominbus.Org have combined their considerable resources to bring you the definitive measurement tool for assessing your level of Audioholicism. Be wary, you might not like what you find out about yourself!

Discuss "Are YOU an Audioholic? Take the Test!" here. Read the article.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
There are signs that an audio addiction is creeping into your life. Larger speakers, talks of upgrades, spending copious amounts of time on AV websites digesting information and making comments.

That's is so me.

Then additional 35

You have learned well young padawan, but not yet complete is your training. You’ve made more good choices than bad and for sure you’re headed down the right path. Your purchases, though somewhat excessive, are not money wasted. Continue your training you must. Much to learn have you.

And that's after loosing points for my PS3, and not counting my 3rd 2.1 system setup, and no points for having too many speakers and not enough receivers. I also am not gonna deduct points for bose cubes when I got 4 of them free and I got a free Monster HDMI-DVI cable from the G/F's stepdad (who GAVE us the plasma) Sweet test.

Last edited:
J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
71 on the Main Section. 75 on the Additional Questions. Yes it is true. I own more accessories than actual equipment.

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
Did you know that 1 in 3 people suffer from some form of Audio Addiction? 1 in 3! Of those people, 21% suffer from the most severe form, Audioholicism. Did you know that 82.5% of statistics are made up on the spot by writers trying to be overly clever? Well, Audioholics.com in conjunction with The Home Theater Alliance, AV Rant, and the OPRA Opine Ominbus.Org have combined their considerable resources to bring you the definitive measurement tool for assessing your level of Audioholicism. Be wary, you might not like what you find out about yourself!

Discuss "Are YOU an Audioholic? Take the Test!" here. Read the article.

oh well it seem,s that it,s to late for me 76 and 106.:D

A

auujay

Audioholic Intern

I would definitly have scored higher if I did not have student loans and a wife (read: I would buy more stuff).

majorloser

majorloser

111 and 100.5

Hey, how come only 0.5 for the themed theater? :mad:

(Just shoot me)

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
69 at the subtotal, 84 grand total… stupid 27” SD CRT! It’s bringing my numbers down!

I went through the test again with a view to planned upgrades/what would be their now if I wasn’t poor; it came out to 196. :eek: :eek:

Oh, and what’s with “upconverting DVD player” being worth +3 points?? :p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I knew I should have bought that record player at that garage sale for 5 bucks.:D I got 59, but that is gonna change. I too have stupid 27" tube crushing me, as well as other lame crap.:mad:

Rowdy S13

Rowdy S13

Audioholic Chief
Ok, so I think I have a problem, I unoffically scored 151. Im gonna retake it tomorrow just to be sure, cause I didnt think I was that bad.

Sean

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
85 & 105

1080i resolution is not listed for displays, so I used 720p.
I rip mp3's with lame -preset extreme (vbr 240), not cbr 128, but took the -10 any way.
I assume that using Digital Video Essentials doesn't count for +50 in the last section.

Looks to me like there's a possible 200 & 400 or so. Who is it?

D

davo

Full Audioholic
82.5 total.

I'm gonna take the test again in 4 - 5 months, aiming for high 130's!!:D

Uh... um... (sheepish grin) 247.

The Additional Symptoms added 110 to arrive at the above total... Gene will be even higher due to multiple surround systems.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
82 without Additional Symtpoms 92 with. I am just getting started and thats what it says. I just need more money to get more toys...

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Total: 245 (Subtotal: 105; Additional Symptoms: 140)

How should a 1080i display option be graded since the test options go from 720p to 1080p? (I like how I ask this like it's a serious questions, which proves beyond any test score that I need more of a life outside AV... but at least I have lots of company here!!!!) At least Clint scored higher than I did, so I can still say, 'man he's got problems....' :D

L

lcdguy

Junior Audioholic
89 grand total :) not quite a exploding body of spores, but i will get there :)

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
I feel my score is way too low...

34 subtotal, 84 total. My girlfriend would disagree, but then she has my older gear at her house, which may account for my low score.

This test seems awfully HT-centric, and perhaps should be considered a "videoholicism" test. My equipment is almost exclusively for 2-channel music.

Love the supplemental section...wonder who bought speaker wire risers, wood blocks for their amps, etc., from Mapleshade? (They do have great sounding recordings, but, come on, 90% of the stuff in their catalog for system improvement is snake oil.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis