Please recommend an amplifier for Revel Concerta2 M16

A

adrhc

Junior Audioholic
Hi, I have the setup below but I miss the amplifier (and maybe a DAC before it?) so please recommend one.

It's paramount that I connect the computer through S/PDIF or USB (aka, digital only).
I could use HDMI eARC if the solution provides one but it's only nice to have, not mandatory.
Very nice to have: able to set an HPF on speakers.
I don't want to pay for additional software, e.g. music provider integration (I can solve it myself), but if it's impossible to avoid, it is not a deal-breaker.
Ideally, I would pay only for what I specified above instead of additional features (e.g. Bluetooth connection, WIFI connection, AirPlay or similar - my computer provides all these).

1728298115065.png

Attachments

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi, I have the setup below but I miss the amplifier (and maybe a DAC before it?) so please recommend one.

It's paramount that I connect the computer through S/PDIF or USB (aka, digital only).
I could use HDMI eARC if the solution provides one but it's only nice to have, not mandatory.
Very nice to have: able to set an HPF on speakers.
I don't want to pay for additional software, e.g. music provider integration (I can solve it myself), but if it's impossible to avoid, it is not a deal-breaker.
Ideally, I would pay only for what I specified above instead of additional features (e.g. Bluetooth connection, WIFI connection, AirPlay or similar - my computer provides all these).

View attachment 69846
What you need is a new computer and not an amp. Your problem is irregular. You need to keep video and audio together to avoid synchronization problems. The get an AVP and power amp or a receiver. Mickie Mouse systems are always a hassle.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would get an AVR from Yamaha or Denon, depending on your budget.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I would get an AVR from Yamaha or Denon, depending on your budget.
That won’t help as the receiver has to be downstream with the LG connected to it, unless he follows @TLS Guy advice, which might work, depending. The OP is set on his topology, as he wrote.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That won’t help as the receiver has to be downstream with the LG connected to it, unless he follows @TLS Guy advice, which might work, depending. The OP is set on his topology, as he wrote.
Definitely the easiest thing to do is just get an inexpensive Graphics card with HDMI output for this PC. Then connect the HDMI from the PC to the AVR then from the AVR to the TV.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Definitely the easiest thing to do is just get an inexpensive Graphics card with HDMI output for this PC. Then connect the HDMI from the PC to the AVR then from the AVR to the TV.
As I wrote: Have the TV downstream from the AVR, assuming that the OP is willing to change his topology of connected devices. The OP wrote that he is not willing, thus TLS reply.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd also think an avr via hdmi would work best, what is the budget?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis