How are primare amps?

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Pretty much any amp that has 200WPC or more and rated for 4 ohms.
Yep, he has 9 speakers to drive, be me, with those speakers he has, an ATi 7channel and a ATi 2 channel flagship to drive main L/R and be done! 7 year warranty, outstanding QC- CS. Drops Mic, walks away.:D

D

Dhos4094

Junior Audioholic
Yep, he has 9 speakers to drive, be me, with those speakers he has, an ATi 7channel and a ATi 2 channel flagship to drive main L/R and be done! 7 year warranty, outstanding QC- CS. Drops Mic, walks away.:D
Ati 6002 and 4007?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Ati 6002 and 4007?
ATI amps are great, for me I would go with something like the following, that measured so well on test benches, removing any doubts about transparency.

Apollon Audio Amplifiers | Apollon Audio Hypex Purifi Premium Amplifiers
Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

I requested additional tests (no other reviewers seem to have done those), and they responded:

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review | Page 20 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

If you are in North America, then the buckeye amps could be the value king.

Lots of people don't care much about SOTA test results, and that makes sense to some extent for many reasons, but for those who are ocd on specs and measurements, some of those Hypex based amps (including some ATI's) would be among the top choices.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ati 6002 and 4007?
Those ATI flagships are great.

But something like the ATI AT1827 (200x7) + AT1822 (200x2) would also sound awesome and cost a lot less. Still has the legendary “ATI” nameplate and 7YR warranty. Just cost less.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
what about the marantz AV10/Amp 10 combo? Both got outstanding reviews by Gene
Question is, what about your applications, and your preference in terms of size, weight, cost/watt, concerns of all eggs in one basket etc., lots to consider.

To many people/in man applications, not all 15 or more channels in use required the same amplifier output, for example, some may have very sensitive/efficient speakers for some of the channels, and/or some of channels are only a few feet away from the listener. IMO, except in some relative rare applications, it could be silly to go for such 16 channel power amps rated the same for all channels, I would much prefer using multiple small amps such as many Hypex or Purifi based class D amps that have been proven effective and reliable over the years.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
what about the marantz AV10/Amp 10 combo? Both got outstanding reviews by Gene
Also an excellent choice IMO, especially if you want matching aesthetics. Also great performance.

My AVP is the Yamaha CX, and my amp is the matching Yamaha MX amp. Love the matching aesthetics.

Back when I bought the Denon AVP-A1HDCI, I wanted the matching amp also. Only problem was that the matching amp weighed about 150 pounds. If the amp had weighed 60 LBS, I would have bought it.

But in terms of “hardcore-ness”, I don’t think many amps will be viewed by many to be as “arc-welder-hardcore” as a class-AB ATI amp.

That’s why I let my ATI AT2005 fully-balanced amp power all of my subwoofers and let my Yamaha CX-A5000 amp power all of my speakers.

If I had bought the AV10, I would let the matching AMP10 power all my speakers and still let my ATI amp power all my subs.

Anyway, all of these opinions show that each of us would do things differently. More than one way to do it - for sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis