help with new Pioneer Elite vsx-52tx and Elite speakers

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
Hi, this is my first post. I just purchased a vsx-52tx receiver and it is hooked up to a new pioneer elite tz-700 speaker set. This set up gives me 5 speakers but no subwoofer, as the two front tz-f700's have a built in powered 300 watt PBASH subwoofer with 12" woofers. This set does not need a seperate subwoofer, as the two fronts and the center channel have subs.

My problem is that I am not feeling the bass. The speakers have a bass adjustment area, but it just seems that enough bass signal is not coming into the speaker. Sometimes in a movie scene enough bass comes that lets me know my speakers are capable of thunderous bass, but I know 300 watts, or even 150, should be much stronger during even moderate bass.

I can't bi amp the speakers, as there is only one set of connections on the two fronts. How can I solve this bass problem? Is there some setup on the receiver i am missing?

Other than that, the vsx-52tx is amazing and the speakers are flawless. I never heard speakers so nice or seen any setup that was prettier. I don't think you can find these speakers new anymore, but i lucked out. I highly recommend Elite products.

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
anyone? I just watched another movie today, the bass was ok, the bass seems to be getting a little stronger.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Sometimes experimenting with speaker placement can fix your problem. Have you run the auto-setup (MCACC)? After I ran the MCACC I felt the subwoofer output was a bit weak so I compensated for it. Sometimes it takes some tweaking to get the sound you want.

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
how did you compensate for the MCAC? Is there a way to manually raise the bass?

D

daniel demos

Audiophyte
I have a pair of AR1's, which also have built-in self powered sub-woofers. If they are similar to mine, make sure you treat these as separate sub-woofers. On mine, the sub out from the receiver goes to an RCA input on the back of the first front speaker that controls the sub amp; from there it goes to the other sub amp (inputs and outputs on both speakers).....don't forget to plug in the amplifiers in each speaker.....and you might want to check your polarity....Hope it's this simple.

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
i hooked it up correctly. it sucks not enjoying their potential. damn.

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Speaker Set-Up

Do you have the front speakers set to large or small? This could make a difference. Good Luck...

M

medstyle

Enthusiast
i set them to large. my crossover frequency is 80hz. i dunno, might have to get a sub later i guess.

P

paradiddle33

Audiophyte
Possibly if your crossover frequency is set at 80hz then nothing below 80hz is going to the mains.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis