What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Browsing Reverb while drinking is bad, just bought some used Revel M106's.
Doesn't that depend on the deal somewhat? Or is it like getting the inebriated shopping for a kitchen gadget where they get you with "free" stuff as long as you pay more shipping and handling? :) Nice speakers, tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, the deal wasn't bad, but I had just bought some other speakers (sober), so explaining to my wife two new pairs of speakers are arriving was kinda awkward.
So the awkward part was explaining while not sober? :) She never bought two of something not particularly needed?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
These four today, from one of only two record shops we have in the city of Worcester (Massachusetts USA) that's 10 miles east of me. The Robert Plant & Alison Krauss "Raise The Roof" and the Bob Marley & The Wailers "The Capitol Session 1973" are used, in M- to VG+ condition, while The Lumineers "Cleopatra" and Adele "25" were bought new.

That completes the modest Adele collection of LP's, including 19, 21, 25, and 30. What I especially like about the "25" one is that though I have the CD (ripped as FLAC to my Bluesound Vault 2), the LP actually sounds better. The digital version, no matter how I've played it (whether the ripped CD or streamed on Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, or Tidal HiFi before those) has always exhibited a touch of sibilance on the "S's" of the song "Hello." Totally gone with the LP version.

Albums_10-15-23.jpg

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
These four today, from one of only two record shops we have in the city of Worcester (Massachusetts USA) that's 10 miles east of me. The Robert Plant & Alison Krauss "Raise The Roof" and the Bob Marley & The Wailers "The Capitol Session 1973" are used, in M- to VG+ condition, while The Lumineers "Cleopatra" and Adele "25" were bought new.

That completes the modest Adele collection of LP's, including 19, 21, 25, and 30. What I especially like about the "25" one is that though I have the CD (ripped as FLAC to my Bluesound Vault 2), the LP actually sounds better. The digital version, no matter how I've played it (whether the ripped CD or streamed on Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, or Tidal HiFi before those) has always exhibited a touch of sibilance on the "S's" of the song "Hello." Totally gone with the LP version.

View attachment 63783
My Bell icon for new posts told me that you made this post Tomorrow at 5:40pm.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How does it sound? Looked at the box set but it was over $300 US with no music new to me.
Box set was not something I was interested in either. It came a while ago, I listened to the whole thing and it is a worth while purchase for sure. I can't wait to listen to it again louder :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Box set was not something I was interested in either. It came a while ago, I listened to the whole thing and it is a worth while purchase for sure. I can't wait to listen to it again louder :)
Hi JG! Do you have the sacd to compare?

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Just preordered Dave’s Picks #48 from the 1971 tour with a bonus disc from late 1970. Love early 70s Dead. Shipping the end of the month. My CD player and lava lamp are ready and waiting.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Just preordered Dave’s Picks #48 from the 1971 tour with a bonus disc from late 1970. Love early 70s Dead. Shipping the end of the month. My CD player and lava lamp are ready and waiting.
I've got the subscription so I'll be getting it too.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Upgraded to the BluOS 4.0 user interface. Downloaded from the Apple app for my iPad and iPhone to run my Node. Like the home page and arrangements of favorites. Shows the time play bar on both the track and now the track within the album which is helpful. Have the user-guide open for reference as I play around with it. So far so good.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I've got the subscription so I'll be getting it too.
Cool. I had the subscription for years but dropped and buying a la carte now depending on the era. Not as big a fan of the later stuff. Bring on more 70s shows!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Cool. I had the subscription for years but dropped and buying a la carte now depending on the era. Not as big a fan of the later stuff. Bring on more 70s shows!
I missed a few that I would have wanted several years ago. Late 1980's 1988 I think. So now I get the subscription. But 1977 is my favorite year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis