What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I put money down and now waiting for my new car to arrive for delivery in about a month.

This car (actually 2 different cars for outside and inside) on the lot are the same colors and trim as the one I'm getting. 2024 Subaru Outback Limited.

It has Harman Kardon speakers and amp. Better than crap. I listened to it a good bit on the test drive of this car but time will tell if I will want to upgrade any of the speakers.

My current car is a Subaru Outback Premium and it can index 9999 songs on a USB stick. This can only index 4999 songs. (Stupid!) So I've spent a lot of time making sure that Android Auto will do the job for me because I don't want to cut down the music I have with me by 50%. I have 8500 songs on my current USB stick. I have enough space on my phone for my full library on my phone.

View attachment 63397View attachment 63398View attachment 63399
I'm still waiting for delivery. Delivery to the dealer was pushed out from Sept 25 to around Oct 25. So I'm reading the user manual over and over, asking questions at the subaruoutback discussion board and figuring out what settings are what and how to set them like I want.

I also got a new Garmin for the car partly because my son who will be getting my old car will want the Garmin in there now and partly because I think that a new car deserves a new Garmin

But I'm not supposed to use it before Xmas. From Oct to Dec 25 our kinda rule of the house is that new purchases are for Xmas. This is often because when I want something I buy it and by Xmas time I have no idea what I want.

I'm also investigating new Grateful Dead stickers. New cars need new Grateful Dead stickers. I might be allowed to use them before Xmas.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Bought another Sonos mini sub to pair with the Beam 2 in the bedroom. Good open-box deal at Best Buy. My wife insisted (ha ha). Now Have subs on systems on all 3 floors. I am a Audioholic! Once I heard a setup with a sub I was hooked.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I picked these VG+ to M- LP's today in Hayward, Wisconsin. Happy to find a great copy of the Moody Blues one, Blondie, Ozark Mountain Daredevils Live. The store is moving to Duluth tomorrow, so I got there the day before he closed it up. He has 3x what I saw at the new store he said. PM me if you want the new Duluth store info. I may make a pilgrimage up there someday (from the Twin Cities).

Attachments

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I have a Mobile Fidelity copy of Days of Future Passed. One of my favorite albums ever. I probably got it around 1982. Same cover art except for the mobile fidelity yellow stripe at the top.

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I have a Mobile Fidelity copy of Days of Future Passed. One of my favorite albums ever. I probably got it around 1982. Same cover art except for the mobile fidelity yellow stripe at the top.
I haven't played it yet, but that will be next and I am looking forward to it! I played the Blondie LP so far. First task was cleaning them all.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
were you just daisy chaining them or using a miniDSP?
I had a y splitter going from each sub out to my 2ch crown amps I use for my subs.

So what I basically ended up with was sub 1 was for the front subs and sub 2 was for the rear subs. My room is very square so the subs don't sound nearly as good as they did in my rectangular room, and there are twice as many subs.

I'm not expecting miracles, but being able to tweak each sub on it's own should be handy. I needed an HDMI 2.1 AVR, so this was the best choice.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I hope so too. Keep us posted on that, really curious to see if it works for you. Maybe a new thread?
For sure. I'm going to update or start one on my theater. I've done a lot since my last update, but carpet and real paint are on the menu now, so it will really be complete.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I picked these VG+ to M- LP's today in Hayward, Wisconsin. Happy to find a great copy of the Moody Blues one, Blondie, Ozark Mountain Daredevils Live. The store is moving to Duluth tomorrow, so I got there the day before he closed it up. He has 3x what I saw at the new store he said. PM me if you want the new Duluth store info. I may make a pilgrimage up there someday (from the Twin Cities).
So I got the Harry Nilsson record and I already had the Mofi 2 LP 45. Anyway, I just popped on this mint original pressing and I am flabbergasted at the sound! It is just such a great master/pressing. My thought when I saw it at the record store was that I could sell my Mofi if it fetches over a c-note and I think it should and then some. It is a slight pain to change speeds on my turntable. You have to remove the platter and change the belt on the motor pulley.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Love me some Moody Blues. My favorite is Every Good Boy Deserves Favour. The Story in Your Eyes is my Absolute favorite Moody song.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
One of my Tommy Johnson CDs came in. If you look at what inspired me to purchase this particular CD, look at the text at the bottom of the CD. Two nights ago after Walker went to bed, we were watching "O Brother Where Art Thou" . I wanted to know who the guy playing the guitar was and it turns out to be Chris Thomas King. Now this is where it gets confusing. He played a couple of songs in that movie but the first one was a Skip James tune called "Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues" The reference/legend of selling your soul to the devil at the Crossroads in the movie was clearly a reference to Robert Johnson, not Tommy Johnson, so I thought. After some research it turns out that both Robert and Tommy Johnson (they are unrelated) both sold their souls to the devil to be able to play better guitar and get famous. Tommy bragged about this whereas Robert did not although Robert sang about it in his songs.

IMG_9893.jpg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis