Problems With Liberal Democracy

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Of course. Democracy includes freedoms, as recognized in democratic countries' constitutions and legislation, as well as respect for the rule of law.

I don't know what this means.
Respect for the rule of law is supposed to be taught- the arguments about crime and gun control show that many have zero respect for laws and too many want to eliminate the weapons used when it's the people using them who need to change. This goes to the comment you didn't understand- why should bad people be allowed to continue being bad and doing bad things?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Respect for the rule of law is supposed to be taught- the arguments about crime and gun control show that many have zero respect for laws and too many want to eliminate the weapons used when it's the people using them who need to change. This goes to the comment you didn't understand- why should bad people be allowed to continue being bad and doing bad things?
OK, now I understand what you meant. I was referring to respect for the rule of law on the part of government. That is a characteristic of a liberal democracy. Criminals are gonna criminal, regardless of system of government.

highfigh

highfigh

Criminals are gonna criminal, regardless of system of government.
I have a major problem with this- people could choose to stop being d!cks, but they don't, or refuse to. It's as if they can't even imagine not being that way and living without all of the violence, turmoil and bullshyte.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I have a major problem with this- people could choose to stop being d!cks, but they don't, or refuse to. It's as if they can't even imagine not being that way and living without all of the violence, turmoil and bullshyte.
I get that. However, there are endless numbers of reasons for criminal activity on the part of individuals. But, that is a separate issue from the respect for rule of law on the part of government.

highfigh

highfigh

I get that. However, there are endless numbers of reasons for criminal activity on the part of individuals. But, that is a separate issue from the respect for rule of law on the part of government.
You didn't specify whether these were private individuals or members of government.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
No biggie- too much criminality being accepted by too many people, IMO.
Agreed and then when we do 'lock em up' we can't keep them there ! Look at this mess here in Se Pa where they let let a convicted murderer literally 'walk' out of prison. A week later they still can't catch him !!

highfigh

highfigh

Agreed and then when we do 'lock em up' we can't keep them there ! Look at this mess here in Se Pa where they let let a convicted murderer literally 'walk' out of prison. A week later they still can't catch him !!
They let TWO climb out and this latest time, I think I heard that a guard was asleep? That's just great.

We had a recent case where someone who was arrested for homicide was released on bond.

The link involves a shooting death about four blocks from my house- he was released after 11 months in custody because the main witness for his first homicide trial couldn't be found and then, while he was wearing an ankle monitor and on house arrest, he killed someone else. He was 17 at the time of the second killing, which means that he was 15 at the time of the first.

Then, there's this-

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Chicago, facing a half billion dollar deficit now plans to build 'Bidenville'......

and another Democrat run 'Dung hole' .........

highfigh

highfigh

He climbed, but there's no way he should have been able to- the lack of a way to block anyone leaving that way tells me that this place was funded by idiots with a big pile of money, waiting for an opportunity to tell people how smart they are.

highfigh

highfigh

Chicago, facing a half billion dollar deficit now plans to build 'Bidenville'......

and another Democrat run 'Dung hole' .........

If you like those, you're gonna LOVE this-

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
He climbed, but there's no way he should have been able to- the lack of a way to block anyone leaving that way tells me that this place was funded by idiots with a big pile of money, waiting for an opportunity to tell people how smart they are.
'crab walked' actualy ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That's for sure. the hard working LEO's and FED's find them and lock them, up BUT ! our court system lets them out with a fine, or their sentence is reduced to help prevent over crowding. And these, yes criminals keep on doing what they know best. And how do they get to walk or get a reduced fine or sentence., guess.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

'crab walked' actualy ;)
I saw the video- it's nit-picking, but crab walking is on a surface, not doing this. Still, there's no effing way that should have been possible. I'm not sure why anyone was so surprised that he could survive outside after talking about his past experiences.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I saw the video- it's nit-picking, but crab walking is on a surface, not doing this. Still, there's no effing way that should have been possible. I'm not sure why anyone was so surprised that he could survive outside after talking about his past experiences.
regardless, the real issue that not everyone knew about......... this was the third time that escape had been attempted this year !!

Joiesy had a escape from one it's prisons the other day, the clown was 4 months away from finishing his sentence !

highfigh

highfigh

regardless, the real issue that not everyone knew about......... this was the third time that escape had been attempted this year !!

Joiesy had a escape from one it's prisons the other day, the clown was 4 months away from finishing his sentence !
Ever see the meme with Einstein? "Only two things are infinite- the universe and Human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former".

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis