EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Easy there, bucko! Didn't you hear? Speech is now a punishable offense and no longer a right (depending on your political orientation, of course).

Anyway, wandering in here and saying those things really ruins the mood.
View attachment 62910
These lads have been at it for a while now...
I don't see any sign of anyone "punishing" him, censoring his posts or stopping him from posting at all. So, what are you on about? Certainly, if he's going to wander into a thread, crap on the rug and post rambling nonsense, he's going to be called out.

I don't - and I don't think any other members - have any problem with conservatives posting. Go ahead and give an opinion. But, if you try to back up a stance with links from the lunatic fringe, prepare to be ridiculed. If it's a legit source, but irrelevant, it will also be discounted. If you use sites like Breitbart or Newsmax to back up a position, don't be surprised if you don't convince anyone. Same goes for YT videos that are irrelevant, out of context, or plain BS.

While the left can have their own issues with facts (post-modernism anyone?), "filling the zone with $hit" is a right-wing specialty these days.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's probably more of a "hiding the salami" story than a nothing burger story.

Stormy Daniels might be able to clarify which metaphor is more apt.

The odds of the orange private citizen in question (who was president in the past) spending any time in prison in connection with this alleged crime are effectively zero.

>>>Even if Mr. Trump is indicted, convicting him or sending him to prison will be challenging. The case against the former president hinges on an untested and therefore risky legal theory involving a complex interplay of laws, all amounting to a low-level felony. If Mr. Trump were ultimately convicted, he would face a maximum sentence of four years, though prison time would not be mandatory.<<<

One caveat is that the actual charges have not been made public. It's conceivable that there's more to it.
If everyone is supposed to be guaranteed a fair trial, how does making the charges public not poison the jury. OTOH, I don't know how they're going to find an impartial jury- maybe they could go to the jungles of Borneo.

Prosecutor- "Have you ever seen this guy?"
Native form Borneo- "LOOK AT HIS HAIR!"

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just finished reading a summary of the charges in Georgia, and who is charged:

These 41 charges are state of Georgia charges – not federal.
Included on the list of indicted is one Mike Roman. He has an interesting background.
Stephen Harper Heads a Global Org That Helps Get Right-Wing Parties Elected. What Will It Do for Andrew Scheer? | The Tyee

It is unclear who funds the IDU. But the connection to wealthy Republicans known for their financial support of conservative causes is clear. There is one outstanding example. The treasurer of the IDU is Mike Roman of the U.S. Republican Party. Roman is also a former employee of the Koch Brothers. According to the New York Times, the billionaire siblings broke up their 25-person opposition research unit in April 2016 as an “efficiency measure.” According to Politico, Mike Roman ran that operation.

Before it was disbanded, the unit gathered intelligence on liberal political opponents, environmental groups and unions. Roman’s job was to oversee opposition research, deep investigations to uncover damaging information on opponents of the Republicans. Roman, who considered himself to be a private investigator, was paid $286,000 in 2016. He has kept a decidedly low profile.
After he left the Koch brothers’ intelligence operation, Roman showed up running candidate Donald Trump’s “election protection.” Roman oversaw poll-watching efforts and voter turnout, primarily in the key Electoral College state of Pennsylvania.

Weeks before the 2016 vote, Trump claimed without evidence that dead people and undocumented immigrants were voting in the hotly contested election. Afterwards, he attributed Hillary Clinton’s victory in the popular vote to fraudulent votes — three to five million of them. He said voter fraud was particularly rampant in Philadelphia, St. Louis and Chicago. No evidence for the claim was ever produced.

Trump nevertheless launched an investigation after winning the White House — which quickly folded. That’s in part because 44 states refused to hand over highly sensitive and politically useful information that the commission was requesting. That information included voters’ political party of choice and four digits of their social security numbers. Mississippi’s secretary of state, Delbert Hosemann, a Republican, suggested that the commission “Go jump in the Gulf of Mexico.”

In 2011, the Conservative Party of Canada also tried to claim voter fraud was a big problem in Canada — a ruse that gave justification for the Harper government to bring in the Fair Elections Act — a piece of legislation that critics claimed made it harder to vote and easier to cheat. The Trudeau government has since rescinded major parts of the Conservative legislation.

After the 2016 election, Roman quietly went to work for the White House as a special assistant, and director of special projects and research.

At the end of April 2018, Roman left the Trump administration. The Republican National Committee now reportedly is paying him $20,000 a month for “legal and compliance services.” That would be the Mike Roman who once wrote in a blog entry, “If an election is worth winning, then there is someone willing to steal it.”
The article is from 2019. So, what else was has Roman been up to since? Well, for one thing, he was in Ottawa last year during the Trucker's Clown-voy anti-vaccination protest. The same group that issued a Memorandum Of Understanding, calling on the Canadian federal government to resign. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though...Ottawa is a lovely place to visit in February.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If everyone is supposed to be guaranteed a fair trial, how does making the charges public not poison the jury. OTOH, I don't know how they're going to find an impartial jury- maybe they could go to the jungles of Borneo.

Prosecutor- "Have you ever seen this guy?"
Native form Borneo- "LOOK AT HIS HAIR!"
Isn't making charges public routine? Can't be having secret trials now, can we?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
One of the charges in the Georgia indictments was "Impersonating a public officer". I was curious who was impersonating what public office. Does anyone know?

I've always felt that the Orange Peril should have been arrested the day after inauguration in 2017 for Impersonating the President of the USA. I kept quiet about that thought. And yesterday I read that the Fulton County, GA prosecutor may have agreed.

Last edited:
C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
the blind who have been brainwashed to beleive there eyes lie are the libs. I voted for Trump twice. And for one reason. DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! and I'll vote for him again for this one and only reason. Corruption needs to STOP. TERM LIMITS

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
clearly a lib. The indictment was made public BEFORE the grand jury signed off on it. Some might call releasing the indictment before the grand jury voted on it as witness tampering.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
LOL really doubt you understand a lot, let alone "a lib". The biggest sheep today are the suckups to the current republican "thought". You may identify as a sheep who wants the shepard to give you a little "love".....
Thats a shame, you're a lib too.
Trump colluded with the russians.
The wuhan flu came from a bat in the wuhan wet market
You can't get the wuhan flu if your vaccinated.
This inflation is transitory.
The border is closed.
I never met my sons business partners.
I never spoke to my son about his business.
I never did business with my sons business partner.
We don't know where that coke came from.
I didn't know I had top secret documents in my garage.
I didn't know I had top secret documents in my office at the Penn Center.
That chinese surveilance balloon didn't collect any data
I generated 12 million jobs
I graduated in the top half of my class
We have plans to build a railroad across the pacific ocean...wtf??? idiot

Thats off the top of my head. Don't be such a lib. All proven lies told by the libs.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Charges, yes- most details, no. The trial isn't and won't be secret- that would mean gag orders, jury of selected people and no coverage. This process has hardly been secret but I'm not sure the general public typically has access to the case details until after the trial has finished.

If I were to somehow make it onto the jury, I think the best response would be to shout "Don't you dare call me his peer!!!!!!!!!!!".

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
clearly a lib. The indictment was made public BEFORE the grand jury signed off on it. Some might call releasing the indictment before the grand jury voted on it as witness tampering.
Georgia clerk says 'mishap' caused erroneous release of list of Trump charges - ABC News (go.com)

Legal experts had said the filing was likely a list of potential charges prosecutors were presenting to the grand jury ahead of Monday's vote.

Prosecutors draft indictments and present them to the grand jury, which meets in secret and ultimately decides whether to hand charges down. Grand juries — made up of people randomly drawn from the community, like juries that decide trials — are designed to safeguard against politically motivated prosecutions, but they’ve long been criticized by some as little more than a rubber stamp for prosecutors.

“The grand jury doesn't sit around and write indictments, it's presented to them," said Clark Cunningham, a Georgia State University law professor. “Presumably before this morning, they had drafted an indictment — there's nothing wrong with that.”

And experts said that while Trump may use the premature posting in an effort to undermine the integrity of Willis' investigation on the campaign trail, it's unlikely to ultimately have an impact in the courtroom.

“Unfortunately errors happen in today's world with things being done online,” said Stanley Twardy, Jr., a former U.S. attorney for Connecticut. “I don't think this is something that is going to create issues.”
Some might call it witness tampering, but legal experts don't appear to.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The border is closed.

Thats off the top of my head. Don't be such a lib. All proven lies told by the libs.
But if Trump has documents or his people attacked the capitol well that's ok. I'm not really buying that there's any real circumstances in which Republican voters are willing to move on from Trump.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The border is closed.

Ok the Biden's should be charged too.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No defense for mishap. Charges should be dismissed.
So, he should get off on a technicality? Unfortunately for Trump, people with actual legal expertise don't agree with you.
Every quote in that indictment I can show you a tweet or a video of a lib doin the same thing
Assuming you can, does that make Trump and his cronies innocent of anything?

You've been tossing out the word "lib" as an epithet quite...ummm....liberally. Do you know "liberal" even means?

Liberalism - Wikipedia
I don't know whose feelings you think you're hurting. Certainly not mine.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That would be my argument: Republicans are the most likely to talk about how unfair the justice system is yet are the least likely to believe in it when it is applied to Trump. If the Biden's are found guilty, well we'll give em up. Trump not so much cause he's their savior etc.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
No defense for mishap. Charges should be dismissed.

Every quote in that indictment I can show you a tweet or a video of a lib doin the same thing
If being intentionally stupid was a crime, you would be indicted instantly.
Now go lie down somewhere before you hurt yourself.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That would be my argument: Republicans are the most likely to talk about how unfair the justice system is yet are the least likely to believe in it when it is applied to Trump. If the Biden's are found guilty, well we'll give em up. Trump not so much cause he's their savior etc.
In fact I think that's their game plan. If they could go after the Biden's, I'm guessing they wouldn't and sell the narrative of injustice to lift Trump back into office.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The border is closed.

You have odd thoughts, no accounting for which head you think with, tho.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis