EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A Fulton County witness said along the lines of, We have to come clean about Trump so we can begin the healing process. I thought wait. I've never seen any real examples of being sorry during the Trump years. Pity yes, but empathy? If the polls are accurate, Trump has a huge lead in the primary. Healing from feeling sorry for ourselves I'm on board with LOL.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
A Fulton County witness said along the lines of, We have to come clean about Trump so we can begin the healing process. I thought wait. I've never seen any real examples of being sorry during the Trump years. Pity yes, but empathy? If the polls are accurate, Trump has a huge lead in the primary. Healing from feeling sorry for ourselves I'm on board with LOL.
Republicans seem to strongly believe in a particular attribute: Loyalty above all else. Depending on your point of view, this can be an asset or a fault. Loyalty to leadership can be important, but it also can be a weapon to bludgeon followers whose faith is weakening.

I think GOP voters are afraid to publicly admit that Trump is a criminal, and that their support of him is wrong. Their silence over the years in the face of all the charges against Trump, suggests their loyalty is shaken, but they're waiting for other Republicans to voice their thoughts out loud. Since all these indictments have dropped, it's beginning to happen.

For those, like myself, who believe that blind loyalty in politics is not good, we're saying to ourselves, 'What took you so long?'

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Republicans seem to strongly believe in a particular attribute: Loyalty above all else. Depending on your point of view, this can be an asset or a fault. Loyalty to leadership can be important, but it also can be a weapon to bludgeon followers whose faith is weakening.

I think GOP voters are afraid to publicly admit that Trump is a criminal, and that their support of him is wrong. Their silence over the years in the face of all the charges against Trump, suggests their loyalty is shaken, but they're waiting for other Republicans to voice their thoughts out loud. Since all these indictments have dropped, it's beginning to happen.

For those, like myself, who believe that blind loyalty in politics is not good, we're saying to ourselves, 'What took you so long?'
I prefer Trump was their litmus test. They failed.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I keep hearing about the double standard in law, but I'm really not buying the notion that if the law were applied equally well then of course Republicans would believe in the law too. Naturally it should, but when it comes to partisanship, good grief. :rolleyes:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You know if this was a normal person and you basically didn't do what a judge told you to do, and for Trump that was to basically shut up about the case, the judge would have you in jail on contempt charges.

Trump could not talk to potential witnesses about the case except through lawyers, Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya told him, and he could not commit a crime on the local, state, or federal level. Both are standard directives to defendants. But then Upadhyaya added a warning that seemed tailored a bit more specifically to the blustery politician standing before her: “I want to remind you,” the judge said, “it is a crime to intimidate a witness or retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution, or otherwise obstruct justice.”

When Upadhyaya asked Trump if he understood, he nodded. Fewer than 24 hours later, Trump appeared to flout that very warning—in its spirit if not its letter—by threatening his would-be foes in an all-caps post on Truth Social: “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

But is a judge actually going to jail Donald Trump in the middle of a presidential campaign? Probably not, I say why not !. Judge Chutkan will probably admonish Trump for violating her protective order, but she won't really do anything about it… So far, no judge has been willing to hold Trump in contempt and jail him. I say lock him up.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It is comical that he was dumb enough to say such things publicly on the internet. He can deny, but there it is, straight from his fingers.
So many instances of the quiet part being said out loud. They’ve buried themselves with the quiet parts being spoken and memorialized for posterity…
Truly a tragic comedy, or tramedy as I wordulate a new word.;)
You know, like covfefe. :p

Fortunately, since ignorance of the law is not a valid defense, trying to hope a jury dismisses charges based on him being an abject dolt won’t apply. As that was put forth as one possible defense “strategy” (or stragedy if you wordulate strategy and tragedy into existence) by some pundits, those of us with even a modicum of sense can breathe a little easier. Besides, a great counter argument is that if he is too dumb to know the laws, he’s clearly not fit to have access to nuclear codes.
*shrugs

Again… Tramedy.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Fortunately, since ignorance of the law is not a valid defense . . .
This is not true in all cases.

>>>In certain cases involving willful violations of the tax laws, we have concluded that the jury must find that the defendant was aware of the specific provision of the tax code that he was charged with violating. See, e. g., Cheek v. United States, 498 U. S. 192, 201 (1991). Similarly, in order to satisfy a willful violation in Ratzlaj, we concluded that the jury had to find that the defendant knew that his structuring of cash transactions to avoid a reporting requirement was unlawful. See 510 U. S., at 138, 149.<<< Bryan v. United States, 524 U.S. 184 (1998)(emphasis added).

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This is not true in all cases.

>>>In certain cases involving willful violations of the tax laws, we have concluded that the jury must find that the defendant was aware of the specific provision of the tax code that he was charged with violating. See, e. g., Cheek v. United States, 498 U. S. 192, 201 (1991). Similarly, in order to satisfy a willful violation in Ratzlaj, we concluded that the jury had to find that the defendant knew that his structuring of cash transactions to avoid a reporting requirement was unlawful. See 510 U. S., at 138, 149.<<< Bryan v. United States, 524 U.S. 184 (1998)(emphasis added).

Can that leap me made to racketeering, mishandling classified docs and inciting insurrection?
:D

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
So many instances of the quiet part being said out loud. They’ve buried themselves with the quiet parts being spoken and memorialized for posterity…
Truly a tragic comedy, or tramedy as I wordulate a new word.;)
You know, like covfefe. :p

Fortunately, since ignorance of the law is not a valid defense, trying to hope a jury dismisses charges based on him being an abject dolt won’t apply. As that was put forth as one possible defense “strategy” (or stragedy if you wordulate strategy and tragedy into existence) by some pundits, those of us with even a modicum of sense can breathe a little easier. Besides, a great counter argument is that if he is too dumb to know the laws, he’s clearly not fit to have access to nuclear codes.
*shrugs

Again… Tramedy.
I thought this was an audioholic forum. Yet I see quite a few libs commenting on politics. Whatever the dems have accused trump of doing they have already done and worse. I call you all libs because the definition of lib is a stupid person. For every Trump comment you show me I will show one that is more damaging from a dem.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic

Clearly the blind are from the left. You supoort a corrupt senile incompetent man who at the smallest level of crime can't find the person responsible of doing coke in the most secure building in our country.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
Brainless libs

The same person who destroyed emails, phones and servers while she was under investigation. The same person who helped create and pay for a FAKE steele dossier to implicate trump on some wrong doing. And I'll remind you she still lost. Married to the guy that was a jeffrey epstein customer who said he never had sexual relations with that woman. The lies NEVER stop with the dems.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic

then this happens:
Man with gun is arrested near Brett Kavanaugh’s home, officials say

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I thought this was an audioholic forum. Yet I see quite a few libs commenting on politics. Whatever the dems have accused trump of doing they have already done and worse. I call you all libs because the definition of lib is a stupid person. For every Trump comment you show me I will show one that is more damaging from a dem.
Easy there, bucko! Didn't you hear? Speech is now a punishable offense and no longer a right (depending on your political orientation, of course).

Anyway, wandering in here and saying those things really ruins the mood.
circle_jerks_skank.jpg

These lads have been at it for a while now...

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic

coming from the same party that supports children sex changes and pedophilia

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis