Nova Scotia Forest Fires

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
not respond ?? LOL , you did, but you forgot to mention the 'forest management' part of the equation, for if climate change and humans part in causing / creating the change is to blame than for sure we need to do better in forest management as well, agreed ?
Forest management is an ideal, until you consider the scale of such an effort. It's possible to fly over thousands of kilometers of boreal forest in a straight line and not see another human being, road or structure. You can pick around the edges, but that's about it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Forest management is an ideal, until you consider the scale of such an effort. It's possible to fly over thousands of kilometers of boreal forest in a straight line and not see another human being, road or structure. You can pick around the edges, but that's about it.
agreed, but if we accept the fact that climate change is responsible for a percentage of these fires than 'we' need to address that 'ideal'

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
agreed, but if we accept the fact that climate change is responsible for a percentage of these fires than 'we' need to address that 'ideal'
If? So you still believe that climate change is a hoax created by a global cabal of radical far left God hating pedophiles running out of the basement of a pizzeria with Mrs. Clinton in charge?

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, by addressing climate change.
and I'll add.........

by addressing climate change caused by man and to do so with the cooperation of the whole world. Not just the 'West' and it's allies.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
and I'll add.........

by addressing climate change caused by man and to do so with the cooperation of the whole world. Not just the 'West' and it's allies.
Indeed. It'll require a world-wide effort.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
We stayed at a cottage on Head of St Margarets Bay last week while visiting our daughter. We drove down Hammonds Plains Rd a couple of times and got to see some of the destruction first hand. Saw a few homes on the west side that had burned down and a number on the east side getting the exterior siding replaced. Some very large areas on the west side with only charred tree trunks remaining. Pretty scary how close this got to some residential areas. Surprised to see quite a few bright green ferns popping up in various areas already. Nature recovers pretty quickly. I was driving so I couldn't snap any photos.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We just received over 200mm of rain over the course of 4-5 hours. There's flooding everywhere. Luckily, we live on high ground so we're OK. But in other parts of the Halifax region -:oops:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We just received over 200mm of rain over the course of 4-5 hours. There's flooding everywhere. Luckily, we live on high ground so we're OK. But in other parts of the Halifax region -:oops:
I have never experienced that much rain such a short period! Boggles the mind especially considering your location!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Weather extremes this summer. Terrible wildfires in Canada while it’s flooding in parts of the US. Downpours at the Luke Combs show last night but the singalong of Fast Car made it all worthwhile. Hope everyone stays safe!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've never seen anything like this before. Although it's no longer a torrential downpour, it's still steadily raining. While water levels may not be still rising, they aren't going down.

We went from drought in April/May, leading to historic wild fires, to this. It. Is. Insane.
Good thing climate change is just a hoax :) FWIW can't view your tweeter link without an account apparently. Good luck!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I saw some of the flooding on the news already. It's really scary near Windsor NS on the north side of the province. There was fear of the dam on the St Croix river being breached and people were told to be prepared to leave at a moment's notice. Our daughter is in an apartment in Halifax on higher ground, so safe from flooding but her commute to work would have been an ordeal.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We lost power this morning, due to lightning strikes, apparently. Just came back on a few minutes ago. Had a walkabout through the neighborhood this afternoon. Quite a mess in places. Four people are missing after being caught in flood waters in a couple of different incidents. I've never seen anything like this in my 58 years on this planet.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, the river isn't normally that big, averaging maybe 10 meters wide. You could canoe or kayak on it, but definitely not take a power boat on it. It's about 10 times it's normal width in these photos.

There are people who had to evacuate from their homes in May, due to wild fires, that have now had to evacuate due to flooding.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Unbelievable that’s what has happened in California this past year. Severe swings in the weather is becoming the norm. Record temps, longest droughts and record rain leading to severe flooding and mudslides. Crazy weather everywhere unfortunately. Hope everyone stays safe!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We now have smoke in town, from the Bedrock Fire to the west of us (about 20 miles away, altho a 40 mile drive), 300 acres at last report....aqi is 116 at the moment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis