Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The only time squirrel hunting makes sense is if there is no other large food source (ie survival), or you own an avocado ranch. I've never heard of anyone eating squirrel, and squirrel slippers probably makes more sense. The other 98% is just plain dumb hunters thinking. Shooting them is for the fun of shooting them. There's no purpose beyond that. It's gun righters justifying every single aspect of hunting out of fear their guns will be taken from them.
Talk to old people- you'll find some who ate squirrel.

Do you eat chicken wings, drumsticks or thighs? They're not very big, but people eat millions of pounds of each, annually.

Who gives a shyte about squirrels? This thread is about people being idiots and assholes with guns? Stop derailing it.

Gun rights people don't give a rat's ass about squirrels.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My buddy growing worked on his family's 65 acre camp ground. During the winter months they took in campers for winter storage. Do YOU have any idea the amount of damage a squirrel can do when it gets inside one of them ? Each fall we did our level best to eliminate as many of those 'tree rats' as we could.

As for your last sentence, there's a lot more to gun rights than hunting privileges.
Destroying poop or vegetable crops makes sense. Just shooting em for the sake of it = dumb.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Who gives a shyte about squirrels? This thread is about people being idiots and assholes with guns? Stop derailing it.
Thank you, you are correct. Sadly, the 'Dude' like so many others that have limited knowledge on the subject of firearms are very good at defection.

Gun rights people don't give a rat's ass about squirrels.
again........'Tree Rats' !

highfigh

highfigh

Thank you, you are correct. Sadly, the 'Dude' like so many others that have limited knowledge on the subject of firearms are very good at defection.

I have a CO2 pellet gun and on the day I moved into my house, one was in a tree screeching at us. The part at the rear controls the power and has three settings- I pulled it out to the second click and shot it in the ass, to say 'Shaddap!', but not to hurt it. It was not happy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Highfigh-

Hunting tiger sharks because you were surfing in shark-infested waters is still really dumb.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

How specifically am I deflecting, and what is it about firearms do I lack knowledge on?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Talk to old people- you'll find some who ate squirrel.

Do you eat chicken wings, drumsticks or thighs? They're not very big, but people eat millions of pounds of each, annually.
Not a very good comparison.
Chickens are typically killed for food.
Squirrels are typically killed for fun. (That is beyond the rare delicatessen and avocado farmer.)

highfigh

highfigh

Highfigh-

Hunting tiger sharks because you were surfing in shark-infested waters is still really dumb.
Being in water with sharks and it being dangerous depends on the environment and the species of Sharks. In some places, like The Bahamas, the Sharks are so well-fed that they rarely attack. Let me know if you want to see a video of my friend with some- they seem like they're friendly and he has dived with them many times. Yeah, I know- 'friendly Shark'......

And for those who think the AR-15 is the worst, most awfullest, nastiest weapon- be happy more people don't use an AR-10, which is chambered in 7.62x51.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Being in water with sharks and it being dangerous depends on the environment and the species of Sharks. In some places, like The Bahamas, the Sharks are so well-fed that they rarely attack. Let me know if you want to see a video of my friend with some- they seem like they're friendly and he has dived with them many times. Yeah, I know- 'friendly Shark'......

And for those who think the AR-15 is the worst, most awfullest, nastiest weapon- be happy more people don't use an AR-10, which is chambered in 7.62x51.
You're surfing in their habitat. What did you expect?! It's caveman dumb.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Kind of like going into the hood- not always a good idea, but it can be done without problems.
Maybe during the heat of the day, no clouds in the sky but not sure i WOULD enter the hood after dark alone. It can be done, but who's going to test that theory out in the hoods across the US, like South Bronx..

highfigh

highfigh

Maybe during the heat of the day, no clouds in the sky but not sure i WOULD enter the hood after dark alone. It can be done, but who's going to test that theory out in the hoods across the US, like South Bronx..
1684934928388.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I hope the tiger shark incident was lead by the govt, and some science. The image of hunters randomly killing shark as payback is brain dead. One scenario might be the surfing industry would suffer if too many surfers are attacked, and scientists come in to thin migrations. The idea you start randomly killing a bunch of them and later it's reported another is attacked would make me feel retarded.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Can have all kinds of fun with this....

Kids unsupervised playing with anacondas.

Bathing in Florida swamps.

My friend the giant crocodile. He likes his tummy scratched. I forgot to feed him, but it should be fine. :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Can have all kinds of fun with this....

Kids unsupervised playing with anacondas.

Bathing in Florida swamps.

My friend the giant crocodile. He likes his tummy scratched. I forgot to feed him, but it should be fine. :)
and we got them all, sharks #1 in the world New Smyrna Beach, Green Anacondas living in the Everglades along with their buds the Burmese and Rock Peyton and the ever present Fla Croc in the southern part around Fla Bay and Biscayne Bay and around a few southwest locations, plus our very neighborhood Gators, pretty much around everybody of water around fla.:), fun in the sun, be it water or walking around in the swampy brush, but then you could encounter Cottonmouths and afew Eastern Diamond Backs.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Unusually high count of mosquitos this season. Don't worry about it. They only go after animals.

Yeah yeah yeah......I'll be fine in my canoe next to the killer whales. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Not a very good comparison.
Chickens are typically killed for food.
Squirrels are typically killed for fun. (That is beyond the rare delicatessen and avocado farmer.)
Why is it a bad comparison- to you, maybe.

And when did killing Chickens for food become something people did? A helluva long time ago- they also produce eggs in a size that makes them worth collecting, so they have this advantage over Squirrels, too. Also, Chickens have been bred to grow faster and larger- they weren't very big a long time ago.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis