So just what is it that bothers our maga folk about transgender particularly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's a really great question I know they're is a medical term but I cant remember it right now. I don't believe it's listed as a mental disorder though please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Someone can be born with both sexual organs of male and female and not end up with any issues.

Damn you got my brain all curious I'm going to have to look that up!
I mean, if you have "features" of both sexes, but you have to be one or the other...how does that work? Flip a coin? I've read that in the past, surgeries have been performed on babies presenting both genitalia, and since it's easier to make them female, that's what they become. Then they grow up feeling like a male, but with female genitals.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That's a really great question I know they're is a medical term but I cant remember it right now. I don't believe it's listed as a mental disorder though please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Someone can be born with both sexual organs of male and female and not end up with any issues.

Damn you got my brain all curious I'm going to have to look that up!
I hoped we would not get round to this.

But the three commonest issues, are girls with Turner's syndrome who lack an X chromosome or have partial deletions of an X chromosome. These present as girls of small stature, have small ovaries and are generally infertile. They have webbing of the neck, and quite often have heart defects. They identify as girls. So that takes care of XO.

Then there is Klinefelter's syndrome. These are over virilized males with and extra Y chromosome. The have low sperm counts and are frequently infertile.

Then we have pseudohermaphrodites, which is most commonly due to an inborn error of metabolism involving the adrenal glands. In females this leads to masculinization of the female genitalia, but significant metabolic issues also. The sooner the diagnosis is made the better. The earlier expert treatment is started with corticosteroids the better.
These girls, and they are, identify as girls almost always.

There there are a myriad of rare disorders beyond what we need to discuss here.

The point is that individuals claiming to be trans do NOT have chromosomal abnormalities except very rarely.

I can tell you that as a man of 76, I never came across these sort of sexual confusion until recently. Unless evidence to the contrary comes available, my belief is that this is a life style choice more than anything else. I suspect the is also a large component of exhibitionism.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You seem a rather unpleasant variety of left wing apologist of the sort I take great delight in swatting. You are also vulgar to boot.
Mikado is a rather unpleasant variety of the far right and a hateful old man filled with spite, as many of his posts shows. History shows us what happens when people like him come into power.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Of course it's developmental. But, that's beside the point. When someone presents with features of two sexes, how should they be categorized?
That's something called condition management and there are medical professionals with specialization to help.

I'm not interested in talking about that because fundamentally there are two sexes and built on top of that there are chromosomal and other developmental issues. They are edge cases that I fail to see how they are able to steer the current narrative.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your maga crowd diatribe is getting really tiring. We apparently have two clinicians of various disciplines now taking you up on your ask. Please engage their contributions.

When you don't, and you swing to magamagamaga it undermines any credibility.

So let me ask you this: Finland, Norway, Sweden, England are cautioning about the Gender Affirmative Care Model (that is the model the U.S. is full on implementing). We are seeing puberty blockers in children as young as 8, surgery I believe is at 16 for most states. Not all clinicians and doctors agree and it can be career ending call by a hardcore segment.

I don't see the ferver of ending careers and social ghettoing for staking an informed position on the matter any less rabid foaming at the mouth of your boogieman 'the maga folk'.
Maga is so much fun, with the depth of stupidity and insanity involved, tho. Especially from the rest of the conservatives/republicans who are too chickenshit to stand up to them....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The correct term for transgender is gender dysphoria. It is the mental disorder and it is what creates that feeling of being trapped in the wrong body. This then creates the distress that leads or is linked to extreme anxiety agoraphobia panic attack disorder depression higher rates of suicide and other mental illness as well. It also can drive the individual into extreme risk taking behaviour to try and distract them from they're internal feelings.

Proper treatment is critical and can be difficult with varying degrees of success. Gender changing surgery and hormone therapy used to only be done after the individual reached adulthood if less invasive treatment was unsuccessful. The surgery is very invasive can create enormous health problems and shorten life span and so can hormone therapy also hormone therapy is very hard on the brain nuerologically.

The procedure is not always successful in alleviating the disorder. And due to the extreme complications to the brain and body that hormone therapy and surgery can create was only done when an individual reached a certain age.
Isn't gender dysphoria only the distress aspect? Not the whole subject? Let alone political fear about such?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Maga is so much fun, with the depth of stupidity and insanity involved, tho. Especially from the rest of the conservatives/republicans who are too chickenshit to stand up to them....
Given that I think your last point is the question you actually wanted to ask, well why didn't you ask that instead?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Given that I think your last point is the question you actually wanted to ask, well why didn't you ask that instead?
Well since maga seems to be the forefront of the conservative/republican "movement" these days, I thought I'd just concentrate on the maga part.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I think if the Dem's did a better job messaging, and certainly not having Biden run again, the MAGA crowd wouldn't have the traction.

This is all for the Democratic party to lose. They need to stop with the identity politics. They are even upsetting their black voting base now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think if the Dem's did a better job messaging, and certainly not having Biden run again, the MAGA crowd wouldn't have the traction.

This is all for the Democratic party to lose. They need to stop with the identity politics. They are even upsetting their black voting base now.
Same if republicans didn't support maga/drumphy, be less of an issue and the "traction" wouldn't be so inviting to the media that exploits both sides. Identity politics is stronger on the maga side in my view, and I am not a "democrat" particularly, I just want something that makes sense and tends to work towards the future rather than sticking the head in the sand thing. Blacks are still going to be worse off with the maga crowd, no doubt, tho.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Same if republicans didn't support maga/drumphy, be less of an issue and the "traction" wouldn't be so inviting to the media that exploits both sides. Identity politics is stronger on the maga side in my view, and I am not a "democrat" particularly, I just want something that makes sense and tends to work towards the future rather than sticking the head in the sand thing. Blacks are still going to be worse off with the maga crowd, no doubt, tho.
I don't think a lot of republicans do either. I never said the MAGA side of the house wasn't playing identity politics. DeSantis is a total turn off also for the same reasons.

All I'm saying is I think the Democrats are making unforced errors.

But we are getting off topic of your thread.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think a lot of republicans do either. I never said the MAGA side of the house wasn't playing identity politics. DeSantis is a total turn off also for the same reasons.

All I'm saying is I think the Democrats are making unforced errors.

But we are getting off topic of your thread.
LOL as if this thread really had a tight topic (not in my expectations) and like most threads variance can be a great thing, but maybe not so great. Depends what those particulars are, not just picking a side of the fence as with much politics/team sports. See what I implied I did there? :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't gender dysphoria only the distress aspect? Not the whole subject? Let alone political fear about such?
Gender dysphoria is the whole issue. Politics have nothing to do with it. Or at least it shouldn't but unfortunately is right now. In ways that it should never have. And now people are reacting to it but as you've noticed in this thread not just MAGA I've also noticed in this thread liberal conservative and independent aligned individuals expressing the same concerns and sharing the same common ground.

That common ground is thar the current model of major body altering surgeries and hormone therapies that have long term effects complications and a dependency on medical care for the rest of theyre life should not be encouraged or pushed on children before they're of legal and adult age. Discussion should be done with the proper professionals which is not teachers expressing it from they're own personal experiences and biases in a classroom a classroom where children can be influenced that are not really in that spectrum. And ESPECIALLY not in a classroom where parental consent is not been obtained

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis