EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's one of the many reasons people can't align with either major political party and we need a good Independent party to create some good solutions. GOP has become 'The Party of NO!'.
But your current election system, as I understand it, makes it very hard for any new party to succeed and be a viable option.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Seems unlikely as several of them refers to recent events (after Trump was President) and he got no security clearance after leaving the White House.
Oh, I thought it might have been classified docs he took when he left...not after. You never know if he sold the info to Russia and then it was released on the internet.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
But your current election system, as I understand it, makes it very hard for any new party to succeed and be a viable option.
I believe the 2 party system should be abolished and have everyone run on the issues. It is ridiculous that we have a 3rd party and they are unable to get the same benefits when running as the Dems and GOP.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I believe the 2 party system should be abolished and have everyone run on the issues. It is ridiculous that we have a 3rd party and they are unable to get the same benefits when running as the Dems and GOP.
There's plenty of ways we can fix things, but with the folks in power trying everything to keep it, it doesn't really matter what all of us think unless we get some people in power that will actually work for us.
It'd have to be a major majority for many years since it seems that every admin that gains power just works to undo things the previous admin did instead of progressing forward.

Brings to mind a saying I heard a long time ago. "If pro is the opposite of con, the progress is the opposite of congress."

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Bragg just filed a lawsuit against Jim Jordan.

There are two main arguments. First, the subpoena served on Pomerantz is invalid because the power of congress is limited legislation-related matters. Second, if the subpoena would allow congress to gain access to confidential grand jury information etc. which would interfere with the criminal case.

Federal judges are not anxious to get involved in these types of situations, but it wouldn't surprise me if one did in this case.

If nothing else, it shows that Trump can expect his posts on social media to show up in court filings.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Bragg just filed a lawsuit against Jim Jordan.

There are two main arguments. First, the subpoena served on Pomerantz is invalid because the power of congress is limited legislation-related matters. Second, if the subpoena would allow congress to gain access to confidential grand jury information etc. which would interfere with the criminal case.

Federal judges are not anxious to get involved in these types of situations, but it wouldn't surprise me if one did in this case.

If nothing else, it shows that Trump can expect his posts on social media to show up in court filings.
Bragg should charge Jordan with obstruction of a criminal investigation. Jordan won't find NYC welcoming.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Just another reason America is exceptional.......it would be great if 'exceptional' meant 'better'.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Just another reason America is exceptional.......it would be great if 'exceptional' meant 'better'.
Yeah, but USA is great country and exceptional (in good way) as well. That doesn't mean there no room for improvements, like all countries.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
?? do you still have the Conservative Party and the Labour Party over there, or are there others. Is the Liberal Democrats party still active ?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
?? do you still have the Conservative Party and the Labour Party over there, or are there others. Is the Liberal Democrats party still active ?
As typical in Europe we have a multi-party system, with some of the parties fairly old. There are still Conservative Party and Labour Party (usually named Social Democratic now), as well as several other parties. In local politics you might have a party just existing in that county, and then they usually are one-cause type.

A difference is that it's much easier to have many parties as one strives for a representative representation, so it's not a "winner-take-all" system. This way minority views have a representation as well.

That said, multi-party system have their issues as well. There can be too many parties making it hard to form a stable working government, for instance. Minority governments aren't that unusual, so they have to navigate carefully to stay in power. Many parties makes it not that easy for voters to chose among either.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
As typical in Europe we have a multi-party system, with some of the parties fairly old. There are still Conservative Party and Labour Party (usually named Social Democratic now), as well as several other parties. In local politics you might have a party just existing in that county, and then they usually are one-cause type.

A difference is that it's much easier to have many parties as one strives for a representative representation, so it's not a "winner-take-all" system. This way minority views have a representation as well.

That said, multi-party system have their issues as well. There can be too many parties making it hard to form a stable working government, for instance. Minority governments aren't that unusual, so they have to navigate carefully to stay in power. Many parties makes it not that easy for voters to chose among either.
Thank you, I always wondered how the political structure was there.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you, I always wondered how the political structure was there.
We also have a parliamentarian system as well, and we don't have an executive Presidency like USA, but France do more or less. And a number of other differences as well, good as well as bad. I'm not claiming that one system is inherently better than the other, though.

But your gerrymandering and voter suppression shenanigans are issues you've to solve one way or another. It's not exactly healthy for your democracy.

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah, but USA is great country and exceptional (in good way) as well. That doesn't mean there no room for improvements, like all countries.
It can be great but if you look deeper, you'll see a lot of people who put in zero effort to be even slightly decent to others- it seems easier to be a complete turd and that's starting when kids are much younger than ever. The cumulative damage will be staggering if this doesn't stop.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The FBI just arrested a suspect in the classified documents leak.

If this guy really is the original source he displayed a shocking lack of judgement. The bits and pieces I've seen in the news suggest that he posted the classified information to raise his status with his online video game buddies in order to feel important. I'm sorry, but how pathetic is that? (if true)

It's also interesting that a 21 year old member of the air national guard apparently had access to this much information.

>>>A member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard was arrested by the FBI on Thursday in connection with the leaking of classified documents that have been posted online, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Thursday.

The arrest of Jack Teixeira, 21, comes following a fast-moving search by the US government for the identity of the leaker who posted classified documents to a social media platform popular with video gamers.<<<

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

If this guy really is the original source he displayed a shocking lack of judgement. The bits and pieces I've seen in the news suggest that he posted the classified information to raise his status with his online video game buddies in order to feel important. I'm sorry, but how pathetic is that? (if true)

It's also interesting that a 21 year old member of the air national guard apparently had access to this much information.

>>>A member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard was arrested by the FBI on Thursday in connection with the leaking of classified documents that have been posted online, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Thursday.

The arrest of Jack Teixeira, 21, comes following a fast-moving search by the US government for the identity of the leaker who posted classified documents to a social media platform popular with video gamers.<<<

I think you'd be quite surprised at how little the gov actually cares about security.

"You got a clearance? Sure thing, you can have access to all of this": gestures broadly.

My brief stint with DHS showed me a lot of things that were concerning. Made me wonder if they knew what the S stood for.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I think you'd be quite surprised at how little the gov actually cares about security.

"You got a clearance? Sure thing, you can have access to all of this": gestures broadly.

My brief stint with DHS showed me a lot of things that were concerning. Made me wonder if they knew what the S stood for.
DHS is a joke, and was put together because the FBI and CIA would not share info with each other...guess who was not moved to DHS, and still does not share info with each other.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
DHS is a joke, and was put together because the FBI and CIA would not share info with each other...guess who was not moved to DHS, and still does not share info with each other.
Documentary on 9-11 said even heads in the FBI might not be informed of security issues. It was that closed off. There also was a journalist who called the FBI on an Islam convention in which radicalism against the US was being preached. I interpreted the phone call on the FBI's end to be we don't have a legal path so we don't want to know about it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Documentary on 9-11 said even heads in the FBI might not be informed of security issues. It was that closed off. There also was a journalist who called the FBI on an Islam convention in which radicalism against the US was being preached. I interpreted the phone call on the FBI's end to be we don't have a legal path so we don't want to know about it.
A documentary made by whom? An Islam convention where and when, by which journalist reporting this to the FBI? There is more than a little Islamophobia going around, to be honest, conflating Islam with Islamism.

Also bear in mind the number of calls FBI gets daily, then as now, is probably very high. Depending on what you mean by "radicalism against the US" which can mean that many are upset with USA actions (or lack thereof) in Middle-East to out-right calls for terrorism.

highfigh

highfigh

He showed a lack of judgement? What about his superiors? Who gave him access to anything that's so confidential?

I don't think he considered the seriousness of this kind of offense, as a member of the Military.

highfigh

highfigh

Did you ever go to the Bangor Hangar?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis