EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, he/she/they dropped a 'dumb'? That is so out of character (/s) but I didn't notice (one of the benefits of the "Ignore" button). Let me guess: insults were hurled and names were called? When one lacks the mental capacity for cogent discussions...
Sometimes Stormfront is a better name for Steam Vent…

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Not by law, but it does help to know what you're being charged with.
So why should Trump be treated differently than any other criminal defendant in New York?

And as @lovinthehd wrote above he said was given a copy of the charges.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So why should Trump be treated differently than any other criminal defendant in New York?

And as @lovinthehd wrote above he said was given a copy of the charges.
It doesn't mention what the felony is. Helps to know.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When one posts crap "news" hard to get too excited. Why discuss? We understand you're unhappy that the criminal is being charged. You think it's unfair, but can't quite make an argument why drumphy shouldn't be charged. Just because he was president or just because he's a "republican" (is traitor a direct representation of that now?) isn't much of an argument.
He is just sh*t posting, as usual, much like that other far right extremist member. Good examples as to why MAGA is so dangerous to US democracy.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
[

You didn’t answer my question: So why should Trump be treated differently than any other criminal defendant in New York?
I wouldn't know how to answer that. Unless all NY defendants are not suppose to be told what the charge is.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Each count says "[the orange thing] . . . with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry . . ." Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't specify the "another crime."

Here's what Bragg reportedly said:

>>>Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said at a news conference after the court hearing that the alleged scheme was intended to cover up violations of New York election law, which makes it a crime to conspire to illegally promote a candidate. Bragg also said the $130,000 payment exceeded the federal campaign contribution cap.<<< (emphasis added)

There has been a lot of speculation as to whether or not the New York law is limited to intent to commit another crime under New York law or if the additional crime can be based on a federal law.

Depending on how closely we want to parse the statement by Bragg (which is not in quotes, so it's not clear exactly what he said), he seems to suggest they are planning to argue that the false entries were made with the intent to commit crimes under New York election law.

Although he says the amount exceeded the federal campaign cap, he didn't say the false entries were intended to cover up violation of the federal cap.

I doubt that the statement attributed to Bragg can be taken as a definitive statement of the DA's theory of the case.

I'm sure we'll hear plenty more in the near future.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Each count says "[the orange thing] . . . with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry . . ." Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't specify the "another crime."

>>>Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said at a news conference after the court hearing that the alleged scheme was intended to cover up violations of New York election law, which makes it a crime to conspire to illegally promote a candidate. Bragg also said the $130,000 payment exceeded the federal campaign contribution cap.<<< (emphasis added)

There has been a lot of speculation as to whether or not the New York law is limited to intent to commit another crime under New York law or if the additional crime can be based on a federal law.

Depending on how closely we want to parse the statement by Bragg (which is not in quotes, so it's not clear exactly what he said), he seems to suggest they are planning to argue that the false entries were made with the intent to commit crimes under New York election law.

Although he says the amount exceeded the federal campaign cap, he didn't say the false entries were intended to cover up violation of the federal cap.

I doubt that the statement attributed to Bragg can be taken as a definitive statement of the DA's theory of the case.

Was just listening to Cyrus Vance's take on it. We'll see how it goes, hopefully they've got a solid case.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've not heard one specific on any of the counts.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Its real simple. He committed Election Fraud.....One of his favorite catch phrases.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Would this count?
Legislation | NY State Senate (nysenate.gov)
is in that Washington post.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis