Where to find a refoaming/repair kit for my Koss Dyna mite M/80 Plus speakers?

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
I got a free pair of "Koss Dyna mite M/80 Plus" speakers. While they power up and work, the foam is mostly disintegrated.

I see various kits for refoaming other speakers online but none for the "Koss Dyna mite M/80 Plus."
What refoaming kit should I purchase for these?

Thanks a lot!

(Note I have done this multiple times on many speakers, so I am familiar with the process)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I got a free pair of "Koss Dyna mite M/80 Plus" speakers. While they power up and work, the foam is mostly disintegrated.

I see various kits for refoaming other speakers online but none for the "Koss Dyna mite M/80 Plus."

Thanks a lot!

(Note I have done this multiple times on many speakers, so I am familiar with the process)
I'm pretty sure those drivers are Peerless Model no. PT210M/8 drivers made in Denmark.

I think this is the kit you need.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Thanks a lot!

I couldn't find any Koss on simplyspeakers.com. How important is it that you get exact replacements? I believe that with SimplySpeakers you can measure the various diameters and contact them through the FAQ page. Measure the inner and outer diameter of the foam as well as the surround diameter and they may have something compatible.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I couldn't find any Koss on simplyspeakers.com. How important is it that you get exact replacements? I believe that with SimplySpeakers you can measure the various diameters and contact them through the FAQ page. Measure the inner and outer diameter of the foam as well as the surround diameter and they may have something compatible.
Koss did not make those drivers. They are Peerless drivers made in Denmark at the time. I have found him the foam surrounds he needs, but he will have to source from Europe. Getting the correct surrounds is vital.

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks a lot!

Depending on where you live, you might be able to find these on Craig's List, ebay, etc.

That way, you'll have spare parts, too.

I saw the same site, independently and they seem to offer rubber surrounds as well as foam- if the compliance is the same, that wouldn't be a bad idea since they wouldn't break down the way foam does.

BTW- I called and Koss doesn't have the parts (I live about 4 miles from the service department and HQ).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis