Wow, Amir really likes my speakers !! What a great day !!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting, so you intentionally allowed an anomaly in the response expecting EQ, given that most systems have EQ these days, to smooth that in a typical setup? Seems counter intuitive, but Amir is saying it works. What about a stereo setup that generally does not employ EQ? They look nice :)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Interesting, so you intentionally allowed an anomaly in the response expecting EQ, given that most systems have EQ these days, to smooth that in a typical setup? Seems counter intuitive, but Amir is saying it works. What about a stereo setup that generally does not employ EQ? They look nice :)
I had a discussion around 8 months ago with Joe from RSL about measurements versus results.....
I replaced the RSL tweeter on my center CG25 with an MB Quart Titanium tweeter. (I just love Mb Quarts)

I told him that god knows what that did to the measured results, but I loved the way it sounded...gave me that extra clarity that's always needed in a center. (Mb Quarts are really "hot")
He told me that RSL walked a fine line between measurements and real world results and that they had many designs that had to be shelved that sounded great, but measured bad.

Reading Amir's review, I now know exactly what he meant...as unorthodox as it is.
The review here on Audioholics is really the definitive review though.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So if Amir didn't like your speakers, would you enjoy them less? :rolleyes:
My sentiments exactly. I have a strong suspicion I would not like those speakers. I certainly would be back to the drawing board if that were one of my designs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's funny in a way... it's almost like Amir's review is on a similar basis to the things Shady get's picked on when people complain about the "value" metric of the rating system. :p
It seems Amir recommends them despite the fact that they are flawed, but clearly perform at a certain level that he was comfortable treating with EQ. *shrugs

Anyway... who's to really say. For pure HT, EQ'd... and for the cost... Sure. I wouldn't choose them, but that doesn't mean that they don't have their place.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My sentiments exactly. I have a strong suspicion I would not like those speakers. I certainly would be back to the drawing board if that were one of my designs.
Is there any horizontal MTM that you would like? :p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The port system that RSL uses boosts the bass too much. Other than that, they aren't bad speakers. The good thing is that bass is easy to EQ, so I can see why Amir liked them.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
If one is into measurements as the holy bible, and that is what makes them happy, that's all that counts. I kinda prefer Erin's reviews and videos. Then there is the, "Cheapaudioman." On You tube.
Speaker Reviews - YouTube

N

noway

Enthusiast
Not sure why you'd buy a pair of center channel speakers and run them vertically but all that matters is that YOU like them. They are pretty!

Last edited:
F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja

I don't know who Amir is but isn't it more important that you like your speaker?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Apparently , fmw didn't realize that this was a satirical post originally...after 50 years of buying, selling and building speakers of course I don't care who likes what I like or not.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja

I don't know who Amir is but isn't it more important that you like your speaker?
I personally don't care who likes a persons speakers or not. We all buy what our ears and our wallets like not what someone else likes or wants you to like. .

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I personally don't care who likes a persons speakers or not. We all buy what our ears and our wallets like not what someone else likes or wants you to like. .
If that were the case, why would people come here to ask which speakers they should buy?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Apparently , fmw didn't realize that this was a satirical post originally...after 50 years of buying, selling and building speakers of course I don't care who likes what I like or not.
Correct. I was not aware. But it is a relief to read this post of yours.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If that were the case, why would people come here to ask which speakers they should buy?
Just my opinion. Plus the guy already bought the speakers. If he likes them, that's all that should matter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis