Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I noticed. They don't want to get sued by the Vermont Maple Syrup Makers org. I have a friend who taps trees at his 91 acre property in Danville VT, and his 52 acre property in Chesterfield MA. He never mixes the sap at his sugar house in Chesterfield, so he can label it correctly as one state or the other. It ranges from light amber to medium dark, and the difference between it and stuff like that blend is astounding.
I just love the taste of 100% maple syrup. Amazing what comes out of a tree.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
But isn't that processed after it comes out? Even if it is just filtered. ;)
Maple syrups are not processed like the other kind of sweeteners we use in our daily life, so it still contains most nutrients from their natural state. They collection has one primary function: boil off water, and turn the watery maple sap (about 2% sugar) into thick maple syrup (66.9% sugar).

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Maple syrups are not processed like the other kind of sweeteners we use in our daily life, so it still contains most nutrients from their natural state. They collection has one primary function: boil off water, and turn the watery maple sap (about 2% sugar) into thick maple syrup (66.9% sugar).
Yup, that's correct! Boil it down, filter out with disposable paper filters any remaining solids (a.k.a. bug carcasses), bottle it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This morning its waffles and pure maple syrup, at home. Along with fresh brewed Kona, some bacon and 2 over easy eggs.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
No strawberries? No whipped cream?
After my head and neck cancer treatments, I can't taste strawberries, apples, bananas or whipped cream and any ice cream for that mater and a whole lot more stuff. A freaking bummer, but it beats the alternative.

OH PS: I can taste pretty much all vegetables, I know weird, I can't taste beef, chicken or pork at all by it self.. But a little seasoning and some hickory/oak SMOKE helps. And I have to be really careful and really limit salt, as I can taste it.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
After my head and neck cancer treatments, I can't taste strawberries, apples, bananas or whipped cream and any ice cream for that mater and a whole lot more stuff. A freaking bummer, but it beats the alternative.

OH PS: I can taste pretty much all vegetables, I know weird, I can't taste beef, chicken or pork at all by it self.. But a little seasoning and some hickory/oak SMOKE helps. And I have to be really careful and really limit salt, as I can taste it.
F^%& dude. That's the saddest thing I've read in a year! It just kept getting worse the more I read. I gotta wonder what happens if you put the salt on the ice cream and maple syrup on the steak. But throw those vegetables right in the dumpster.

I recently got rid of a bunch of gear ... I know, I was all broken up too but TLS' first subs finally got to breath in their new home. There's a hole where the bass came from in my living room now. I'm gonna take TLS's second subs out of Mantown and put them in the living room. They'll fit and might look alright.

Mantown has a couple of pretty decent 10" drivers for bass with the 3-ways so 2.0 it is: all powered by alphii's little Yammy. Bi-wired of course. :D

NOTE: Nobody with any sense bi-amps, let alone bi-wires.

The living room also lost Erin's Pro amp and the associated fans. It's dead silent at the MLP now. I'm bored AF and waiting for sweets ... it's a death wish.

I saw a pic of what they pulled out of one of my cardiac arteries ... maybe the salt on ice cream isn't a wise course.

The SongTowers sound wonderful all alone, subless. It was our 10 year anniversary this year.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
F^%& dude. That's the saddest thing I've read in a year! It just kept getting worse the more I read. I gotta wonder what happens if you put the salt on the ice cream and maple syrup on the steak. But throw those vegetables right in the dumpster.

I saw a pic of what they pulled out of one of my cardiac arteries ... maybe the salt on ice cream isn't a wise course.
Well, the maple syrup I can actually taste, the salt and pepper or any spice just allows me to at least have a piece of meat with everyone else at the table. Oh I can eat shrimp ( grilled/blackened) , saltwater fish (grilled/blackened) , lobster but the big reason is the "salt" , so got to be so careful. The docs say, since its been two years since my last 60 gy's of radiation, my taste buds are not coming back at 100%. At least I have 50% saliva production. It is what it is, as they say.

Oh: I got to have my veggies :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Gonna see my cardiologist. She’s pretty cute. I’m wearing clean underwear. Just in case.
My Dad had a heart attack last week. A 99% blockage of an artery will do that, I guess. He made it, but they had to put the booster cables to him a couple of times. And, he now has three stents in that artery.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My Dad had a heart attack last week. A 99% blockage of an artery will do that, I guess. He made it, but they had to put the booster cables to him a couple of times. And, he now has three stents in that artery.
I am glad your Dad is ok. Scary stuff.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

I recently got rid of a bunch of gear ... I know, I was all broken up too but TLS' first subs finally got to breath in their new home. There's a hole where the bass came from in my living room now. I'm gonna take TLS's second subs out of Mantown and put them in the living room. They'll fit and might look alright.

Mantown has a couple of pretty decent 10" drivers for bass with the 3-ways so 2.0 it is: all powered by alphii's little Yammy. Bi-wired of course. :D

NOTE: Nobody with any sense bi-amps, let alone bi-wires.

The living room also lost Erin's Pro amp and the associated fans. It's dead silent at the MLP now. I'm bored AF and waiting for sweets ... it's a death wish.

The SongTowers sound wonderful all alone, subless. It was our 10 year anniversary this year.
Geesh. Now I feel like my 3 week bout with diverticulitis, vascular issues in my feet (too many year getting frost bite) and my back being out is nothing.

Congrats on the 10 year! Where is she taking you?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
One year of war: The first year since the beginning of ruzzia's full-scale war against Ukraine | What was it like?

Today it is one year since the invasion, there will be large scale demonstrations across the civilised world, I am of course going, bringing the large Ukrainian flag, photos coming!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis