cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Hello.I have a Pioneer SC-LX 901 Refined Edition and a 7.1.4 audio system : Jamo C809 towers, C80 Centre, the C80 surrounds ,C 93 surround back and 4 Canton 880 inceiling speakers.I was thinking upgrading to a external amp for the two towers.Is this a good ideea?Should I notice a sound improvement this way?Thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello.I have a Pioneer SC-LX 901 Refined Edition and a 7.1.4 audio system : Jamo C809 towers, C80 Centre, the C80 surrounds ,C 93 surround back and 4 Canton 880 inceiling speakers.I was thinking upgrading to a external amp for the two towers.Is this a good ideea?Should I notice a sound improvement this way?Thanks
Are you driving the speakers into clipping or hearing distortion? Noticed you didn't mention a subwoofer?

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Are you driving the speakers into clipping or hearing distortion? Noticed you didn't mention a subwoofer?
The receiver is driving the speakers beautifully.No clipping, no distortion.I have a Klipsch r-115.Thank you

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The receiver is driving the speakers beautifully.No clipping, no distortion.I have a Klipsch r-115.Thank you
I think you'd be better served adding a second sub then an external amp if your speakers aren't complaining and if you did you'd have to move up to something with 400wpc just to increase output by 3db. The 300wpc IcePower main modules in the Pioneer are very efficient.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't sound like you need, or would particularly benefit from, external amps from your description. Agree a second sub isn't a bad idea if you really want to do some upgrading....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
With 11 speakers in the room, I assume the room is big, so it might benefit from another subwoofer.

Also, if you have not already done so, Subwoofer EQ is a good idea. If no automatic Sub EQ, then try simple manual EQ for the subwoofer if your AVR allows or if your sub has built-in Sub EQ.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Power amps (including the ones in AVR's) all sound alike when run within their specified performance envelope...

So if the amps have sufficient power and current to handle your speakers, and drive them cleanly to the levels you want.... external power amps are unlikely to improve things.

Having said that - if a loan power amp of appropriate specs is available, it is always interesting to do the experiment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis