Mar a Lago raided by FBI

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
More classified documents found in other Trump properties. Who would have guessed that?

>>>Lawyers for former president Donald Trump found at least two items marked classified after an outside team hired by Trump searched a storage unit in West Palm Beach, Fla., used by the former president, according to people familiar with the matter.

The ultimate significance of the classified material in the storage unit is not immediately clear, but its presence there indicates Mar-a-Lago was not the only place where Trump kept classified material. It also provides further evidence that Trump and his team did not fully comply with a May grand jury subpoena that sought all documents marked classified still in possession of the post-presidential office.
<<<

Maybe this is enough evidence that other Trump locations may contain such classified documents and DOJ has a leg to stand on to get a search warrant for all his properties.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
More classified documents found in other Trump properties. Who would have guessed that?

The ultimate significance of the classified material in the storage unit is not immediately clear, but its presence there indicates Mar-a-Lago was not the only place where Trump kept classified material.
If there is another search warrant issued, be sure to include Ivana Trump's grave site and coffin on the grounds of Trump's Golf Club in Bedminster, NJ. Her funeral was last July.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Trump is apparently not going to appeal the 11th Circuit Decision to the U.S. Supreme Court. This is somewhat surprising given that his M.O. is to keep appealing and delaying everything no matter how many times he gets kicked in the teeth.

The DOJ has also asked a District Court judge in DC to hold Trump in contempt for not producing documents in connection with a grand jury investigation

>>>The development comes after Trump’s legal team said it conducted searches at four locations just before Thanksgiving, finding two documents with classified markings at a storage facility in Florida. The Trump team turned over those two documents to the FBI and announced to a federal judge in Washington, DC, that they believed Trump was now in compliance with a 6-month-old subpoena.

But the Justice Department disagreed. And in an escalation last week, department prosecutors told DC District Chief Judge Beryl Howell, who oversees federal grand jury proceedings there, that the searches weren’t satisfactory. The contempt proceedings before Howell are under seal. . . . A hearing is set for Friday, when Howell will consider whether to hold Trump and his post-presidency office in contempt of court.<<<

As of right now this is just a request by the DOJ, of course. There's no way to know for sure exactly what is going on given that the contempt proceedings are under seal.

For those keeping track at home, there are actually at least two separate grand jury investigations in DC right now, one for January 6 and the other for the Mar-a-Lago stuff, and a third grand jury in Georgia.

The Georgia case is potentially significant because a future U.S. president could not pardon Trump for a conviction for violation of state laws in Georgia. Trump will be well and truly F'd if he's convicted in Georgia.

I doubt that much will come of the investigation (NY state law) associated with the expired grand jury criminal investigation of Trump In Manhattan:

>>>The grand jury’s expiration at the end of the month does not preclude prosecutors from impaneling another jury, but the developments underscore the reduced possibility that Mr. Trump will face charges under Mr. Bragg, who along with several other prosecutors had concerns about proving the case. Some people close to the inquiry believe that it will not result in an indictment of the former president unless a witness cooperates unexpectedly — a long shot in an investigation that has been running for more than three years.<<<

Having said that, the NY investigation is still ongoing, so it's possible something may eventually come of it:

>>>The Manhattan district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg, is hiring a former senior Justice Department official with a history of taking on Donald J. Trump and his family business as the office seeks to ramp up its investigation into the former president. . . .

The hire marks the latest turn in a long-running investigation that has proceeded in fits and starts in recent years. When Mr. Bragg took office in January, his predecessor, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., had directed prosecutors to begin presenting evidence about Mr. Trump’s inflation of his assets to a grand jury.

But Mr. Bragg grew concerned about the strength of the case. In February, when he told the two senior prosecutors leading the investigation, Mark F. Pomerantz and Carey Dunne, that he was not prepared to authorize charges, they resigned, clouding the future of the inquiry.<<<

The NY investigation is reportedly looking at the hush money payments to keep Stormy Daniels quiet during the 2016 election. It seems like everyone who gets involved with Stormy Daniels eventually goes down in flames:

>>>Trump foe Michael Avenatti sentenced to 14 years in prison for stealing millions from clients . . .

Avenatti first came to widespread public attention in 2018, during Trump’s presidency, while representing Daniels in connection with her having been paid $130,000 in hush money by Trump’s personal lawyer before the 2016 election in exchange for keeping quiet about a sexual tryst she said they had.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I always thought an attorney like Michael Avenatti was a good match for Trump. They seem to share a number of characteristics. Perhaps one day they will have similar wardrobes and places of residence.
… …
For those who require explanation … by "similar wardrobes", I mean orange jumpsuits and by "similar places of residence", I mean prisons.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I always thought an attorney like Michael Avenatti was a good match for Trump. They seem to share a number of characteristics. Perhaps one day they will have similar wardrobes and places of residence.
… …
For those who require explanation … by "similar wardrobes", I mean orange jumpsuits and by "similar places of residence", I mean prisons.
14 years for stealing millions from clients?
How much did the trumpster steal from the American people and is not even tried yet? :eek:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The Special Master review is no more.

Because the 11th Circuit based its decision on jurisdictional grounds, the underlying legal issues such as Trump's assertion that he, as a super special private citizen, has legal superpowers including executive privilege against the executive branch itself. These arguments have "loser" written all over them. But, if Trump is indicted his lawyers will undoubtedly resurrect these losing legal zombies and send them into battle until the courts finally put them to rest permanently (It's conceivable that some of these issues will never actually reach a final judgement in court, so this may be wishful thinking on my part).

>>>In their filings to Judge Dearie, Mr. Trump’s lawyers insisted that many of the seized files were protected by executive privilege. The Justice Department argued that sort of privilege can never be invoked to keep executive branch materials from another part of the executive branch — in this case, the department’s investigators — let alone when the claim was being made by a former president without the support of the current one.

Because the case is being shut down before any definitive ruling on that issue, Mr. Trump’s lawyers could raise it again.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
"it's Time" , LOL it's long overdue !! But the legal BS and wrangling just goes on and on and on, as more and more a-hole lawyers get fat off the taxpayer dime.
Not sure I follow?

By and large, Trump has been paying his legal bills using money donated to him by his supporters.

If you are asserting that DOJ lawyers are a-holes getting fat off the taxpayer dime, I will have to disagree.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@Mr._Clark

I was talking with my wife earlier today about Judge Cannon dismissing Trump's lawsuit – the case in which she had made her bogus Special Master ruling – the case that the 11th Federal Court of Appeals had overturned.

My wife asked me what Special Masters are usually meant to do, and why Cannon's attempted use of a Special Master in this case was so wrong. I couldn't answer. You had previously spoken of the typical use of Special Masters. Please tell us again. Thanks.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure I follow?

By and large, Trump has been paying his legal bills using money donated to him by his supporters.

If you are asserting that DOJ lawyers are a-holes getting fat off the taxpayer dime, I will have to disagree.
and the $$ used by our gov't to investigate/go after him comes from where ?

Listen, I want him gone just as bad most others it just seems as if we are 'pissin up a rope' .......

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
During the first 2 years of the Trump administration, the GOP congress made large cuts in taxes and approved huge federal spending bills. They willingly ran up the federal debt, without ever complaining. In doing so, I think the GOP has forever abandoned their standard 'fiscal responsibility' beef about federal spending.

How can you argue this now, without also admitting that under Trump the GOP was worse?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
In doing so, I think the GOP has forever abandoned their standard 'fiscal responsibility' beef about federal spending.
That ship sailed a lllloooooonnnnnng time back. Now it's ok for them to do it, but not the Dems. Of course, that's the rule for everything, not just fiscal policy.
*shrugs

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
During the first 2 years of the Trump administration, the GOP congress made large cuts in taxes and approved huge federal spending bills. They willingly ran up the federal debt, without ever complaining. In doing so, I think the GOP has forever abandoned their standard 'fiscal responsibility' beef about federal spending.

How can you argue this now, without also admitting that under Trump the GOP was worse?
I made no reference to either party, they both in so many ways disgust me. Truth be told those that hang onto absolute party convictions do as well............ ;)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Listen, I want him gone just as bad most others it just seems as if we are 'pissin up a rope' .......
In the post I was responding to you said: ""it's Time" , LOL it's long overdue !! But the legal BS and wrangling just goes on and on and on, as more and more a-hole lawyers get fat off the taxpayer dime."

When I worked for the DOJ in DC I didn't see any "a-hole lawyers" that were getting "fat off the taxpayer dime." I worked in a run down old building. I had to dodge rats and cockroaches getting in and out of the building.

Have you ever been in the main Justice Building in DC? The J Edgar Hoover Building? If you imagine these buildings are crawling with a-holes itching to "get fat off the taxpayer dime" you would be in for a surprise.

Perhaps it was different when you worked there. What Division of the DOJ did you work for?

Who are the "a-hole lawyers" that work for the DOJ? Be specific. Name names.

Describe the specific actions of these lawyers took that earned them the title "a-hole."

Please describe specifically how these "a-hole lawyers" "get fat off the taxpayer dime"? How exactly does this work? Does the DOJ have a secret pay system whereby these "a-hole" DOJ lawyers make extra money? I never saw anything like this, but it would be huge news. Perhaps a major DOJ scandal will break first right here on audioholics.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In the post I was responding to you said: ""it's Time" , LOL it's long overdue !! But the legal BS and wrangling just goes on and on and on, as more and more a-hole lawyers get fat off the taxpayer dime."

When I worked for the DOJ in DC I didn't see any "a-hole lawyers" that were getting "fat off the taxpayer dime." I worked in a run down old building. I had to dodge rats and cockroaches getting in and out of the building.

Have you ever been in the main Justice Building in DC? The J Edgar Hoover Building? If you imagine these buildings are crawling with a-holes itching to "get fat off the taxpayer dime" you would be in for a surprise.

Perhaps it was different when you worked there. What Division of the DOJ did you work for?

Describe the specific actions of these lawyers took that earned them the title "a-hole."

Please describe specifically how these "a-hole lawyers" "get fat off the taxpayer dime"? How exactly does this work? Does the DOJ have a secret pay system whereby these "a-hole" DOJ lawyers make extra money? I never saw anything like this, but it would be huge news. Perhaps a major DOJ scandal will break first right here on audioholics.
Mikado's world is different than real life.....makes me wonder how much sick time he got.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
@Mr._Clark

I was talking with my wife earlier today about Judge Cannon dismissing Trump's lawsuit – the case in which she had made her bogus Special Master ruling – the case that the 11th Federal Court of Appeals had overturned.

My wife asked me what Special Masters are usually meant to do, and why Cannon's attempted use of a Special Master in this case was so wrong. I couldn't answer. You had previously spoken of the typical use of Special Masters. Please tell us again. Thanks.
First, by way of background, Special Masters were historically only appointed in rare cases (e.g. 1-2 for every 1,0000 lawsuits). I believe it is somewhat more common now, but it is still not common.

A typical lawsuit will go to trial unless it is dismissed or settled. After the lawsuit is filed but before the trial, there is a period of "discovery." The parties file requests that the other party turn over records, take depositions, etc. Typically the plaintiff is trying to develop evidence showing facts that support their case. The defendant typically argues that the discovery requests are too broad, that some of the material is covered by attorney-client privilege, etc. Discovery tends to involve a great deal of wrangling between the parties and it can be very time consuming for the judge to sort out these disputes due to the shear volume of them, even though the disputes typically involve relatively mundane legal issues. A judge can appoint a Special Master to rule on these issues.

In other words, in a typical case the parties argue about what evidence will be admitted at trial and a Special Master can be appointed to help the judge rule on these issues.

In the Mar-a-Lago case, the DOJ had not indicted Trump. The government was trying to get it's property (e.g. classified documents) back and investigate potential crimes.

Trump filed a civil lawsuit asking a court to block a criminal investigation that may or may not result in an indictment and filing of criminal charges. In effect, through his lawyers, Trump's argued "I'm untouchable, you can't even gather evidence to investigate me." If this strikes you as being odd, join the club.

Normally, the court (e.g. Special Master) decides what evidence is admissible at trial. The prosecution has the evidence, it's a question of whether or not it can be admitted at trial.

In the Mar-a-Lago case, the court stepped in and interfered with the investigation itself before charges had even been filed.

The fact that the judge agreed to block the DOJ criminal investigation in any way shape or form is probably the main thing that was "wrong." The specific way the judge interfered (appointing a Special Master) strikes me as less egregious,.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Wow, guess I hit a nerve, regardless the take away point is Big Govt wastes $$, always has and in many different ways. As for a-hole lawyers, LOL, nothing more than a generic term used for years across a lot of different fronts and having had to deal with my share of them during my working days, many of them admitted as such !

As for the DOJ, my years were but a few, worked in the cafeteria, serving up the goulash to the barristers :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis