Woke culture: you can't have anything nice or have any fun

jinjuku

jinjuku

This is getting out of hand these people are a wet towel on everything.

Sara Stewart from a cnn op ed:

"People magazine recently announced this year’s Sexiest Man Alive, which makes it a great time to ask: Can we get rid of the whole tradition of People’s Sexiest Man Alive?

The annual cover is a lightweight honorific that worked its way into the public consciousness as way more legitimate than it actually is. Kind of like winning a Golden Globe.

Think about the inherent ridiculousness of declaring anyone the sexiest person alive. Sexiness, by its very nature, is subjective. So it’s a winky joke that People offers up its own tastes as if they are everyone’s. And by making their subject male, they’re tacitly saying: See, we’re not objectifying women, we’re so evolved. Men can be objects of lust too! Maybe that was (arguably) a subversive statement in the 1980s, when Playboy, Penthouse and other magazines imposed a misogynist ideal of sexiness at the newsstands. But now? Not so much. "

Just want to give you the middle finger Sara.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

"People magazine recently announced this year’s Sexiest Man Alive, which makes it a great time to ask: Can we get rid of the whole tradition of People’s Sexiest Man Alive?

The annual cover is a lightweight honorific that worked its way into the public consciousness as way more legitimate than it actually is. Kind of like winning a Golden Globe.

Think about the inherent ridiculousness of declaring anyone the sexiest person alive. Sexiness, by its very nature, is subjective. So it’s a winky joke that People offers up its own tastes as if they are everyone’s. And by making their subject male, they’re tacitly saying: See, we’re not objectifying women, we’re so evolved. Men can be objects of lust too! Maybe that was (arguably) a subversive statement in the 1980s, when Playboy, Penthouse and other magazines imposed a misogynist ideal of sexiness at the newsstands. But now? Not so much. "

I would like to join you in giving her the “ol number one!”

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

When I see "Op Ed" on something in the media, I view it as being akin to the peanut warning labels on candy. You can open it if it want, but there's probably going to be some nuttiness in there.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't mind "woke" as it was initially applied to the greater understanding of systemic racism and how laws are employed unequally based on the color of a person's skin.

The much more widely used, current application of "woke" to all things PC... SMDH. I can't tell if it was a conservative movement to rebrand it from the original BLM usage and thus poison it or if it was a media choice...

Either is unfortunate.

I had caught up on the entire Dave Chapel specials running on Netflix after seeing him live back in July. The story he tells throughout those specials (which continued in the show I saw) routinely comes back to how "brittle" many people have become in terms of being insulted by every little thing; that nobody can take a joke anymore.
Certain things I can understand, but it truly has gone too far. The proof is in the pudding, which is to say that "wokeness" is now a cudgel used by anybody that disagrees with somebody (anybody) else' "too-polite" sensitivities. Dawg forbid that enough cultural upswell burgeons behind said sensitivity to something resulting in... *gulps loudly ...somebody or something getting "cancelled!"
:eek:

All I can say is I got a pocket-and-a-half full of "FCUK-OFFS" to hand out to each and every Mother Fcuker out there that pulls up and starts whining on either side of the fence!

YARN | Fuck you, fuck you and fuck you! Who's next? | Coming to America |  Video gifs by quotes | 786e136a | 紗

:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You've got way too much time on your hands if you don't even know what woke means but still have to bitch about it. I was disappointed Paul Rudd didn't get it this year.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't mind "woke" as it was initially applied to the greater understanding of systemic racism and how laws are employed unequally based on the color of a person's skin.

The much more widely used, current application of "woke" to all things PC... SMDH. I can't tell if it was a conservative movement to rebrand it from the original BLM usage and thus poison it or if it was a media choice...

Either is unfortunate.

I had caught up on the entire Dave Chapel specials running on Netflix after seeing him live back in July. The story he tells throughout those specials (which continued in the show I saw) routinely comes back to how "brittle" many people have become in terms of being insulted by every little thing; that nobody can take a joke anymore.
Certain things I can understand, but it truly has gone too far. The proof is in the pudding, which is to say that "wokeness" is now a cudgel used by anybody that disagrees with somebody (anybody) else' "too-polite" sensitivities. Dawg forbid that enough cultural upswell burgeons behind said sensitivity to something resulting in... *gulps loudly ...somebody or something getting "cancelled!"
:eek:

All I can say is I got a pocket-and-a-half full of "FCUK-OFFS" to hand out to each and every Mother Fcuker out there that pulls up and starts whining on either side of the fence!

YARN | truck you, truck you and truck you! Who's next? | Coming to America | Video gifs by quotes | 786e136a | 紗's next? | Coming to America | Video gifs by quotes | 786e136a | 紗

:D
Chappell is right. People are Fukkin pussies nowadays!!!
My friend who is an electrician foreman just told me a couple weeks ago that he had to attend classes to learn how to speak the the new kids coming out of school. Apparently there are newbs on the job site crying because they can’t take any criticism about there work.
If i offended you, you needed it-Corey Taylor.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
When 'Woke' was created, it borrowed heavily from organized religion.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You've got way too much time on your hands if you don't even know what woke means but still have to bitch about it. I was disappointed Paul Rudd didn't get it this year.
I understand the dictionary definition of woke... The other definition is people seeing an inequity, often of the patriarchy, in every little thing.

I take my understanding from all the Bill Maher rants. I like his point that he's the same liberal he's always been and it's segments of society have shifted.

If you really think People doing sexiest man of year is a form of systemic oppression there's nothing on this earth that is going to make you happy.

D

DaisyBerry

Audiophyte
you need to realize the media is there to play on emotions. that's what makes them money

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I understand the dictionary definition of woke... The other definition is people seeing an inequity, often of the patriarchy, in every little thing.

I take my understanding from all the Bill Maher rants. I like his point that he's the same liberal he's always been and it's segments of society have shifted.

If you really think People doing sexiest man of year is a form of systemic oppression there's nothing on this earth that is going to make you happy.
An inequity of the patriarchy? How does that work?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Funny woke work story time. This slightly homophobic Latin American guy at work and I were in this bromance due to my interest in language. I asked the foreman to tell him not to say anything off color due to a guy on our crew living an alternative lifestyle (gay). The idea is to watch my homophobic friend at break as he tries to figure out who is gay. The foreman said no for obvious reasons. Ditto for the union steward. So I took it upon myself to lie and say that I had been informed by said authorities about the situation and I was to stop teasing my friend about him and the kid at the sandwich shop. Yes, I had been suggesting that they were involved.

Three months go by and I ask my friend if he has any idea who it might be. "There's three of them" he says holding up three fingers. Of course the Cambridge liberal was on the list and I forget who else but I died laughing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Apparently there are newbs on the job site crying because they can’t take any criticism about there work.
I always ask the beginners if they would tell anybody if they woke up on a camping trip with a condom hanging out of their @ss. Is that wrong? Not the girls though.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I always ask the beginners if they would tell anybody if they woke up on a camping trip with a condom hanging out of their @ss. Is that wrong? Not the girls though.
Clearly you aren't a feminist. It's their right to be included.

;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m sure I’ll sound like an SJW, but that sounds very much like excluding the girls. That’s just not fair man. Besides, maybe some of them would like to wake up with a greasy condom hanging out of their front butt. Get it together man!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Clearly you aren't a feminist. It's their right to be included.

;)
You know damn rrrrright! (Yes that’s a middle eastern accent complete with R roll) Anthony kiedis did it too so it’s ok for me to go there with the R roll thing I mean. Lmao
On a more serious note. How are people supposed to celebrate diversity, when you can even say wtf it is that makes people different from each other???

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis