2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The new Denon flagship AVR has a 25.4 lbs EI core transformer, wonder why they wouldn't go with a lighter weight equivalent toroidal type, despite the marketing hype advantage..

HCFR News – Denon integrated 2022_2023 - HCFR Forum & Magazine (homecinema-fr.com)

View attachment 57927

Not that people care, it also now has probably the best (in terms of specs, 120 dB SINAD) DAC chip found in AVPs and AVRs. The ES9018K2M, 10 dB better than Yamaha's ES9026Pro.

View attachment 57928
Can't wait to see what the CX-A5300 offers!
The fight is on! :D

But based on recent trends, somehow I get the feeling Yamaha doesn’t care about numbers, except for one number - the 5 YR warranty (and the free shipping both ways for warranty service).

Hopefully I’m wrong, but I get the feeling Yamaha doesn’t care about the best SINAD numbers for the DAC or anything else. I don’t think they care about the 15 number of channels either. And we’ll be lucky if they care about Dirac. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
According to a post from a Dirac employee, he was able to share that SU is planning to complete Dirac integration around March 2023.
He also said Bass Control will be coming later, different schedule.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
The new Denon flagship AVR has a 25.4 lbs EI core transformer, wonder why they wouldn't go with a lighter weight equivalent toroidal type, despite the marketing hype advantage..

HCFR News – Denon integrated 2022_2023 - HCFR Forum & Magazine (homecinema-fr.com)

View attachment 57927

Not that people care, it also now has probably the best (in terms of specs, 120 dB SINAD) DAC chip found in AVPs and AVRs. The ES9018K2M, 10 dB better than Yamaha's ES9026Pro.

View attachment 57928
Can't wait to see what the CX-A5300 offers!
That is a very interesting web page. Too bad I don't read French. I think, for me, it's between the 4800 and 6700.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
According to a post from a Dirac employee, he was able to share that SU is planning to complete Dirac integration around March 2023.
I hope that's true, coming later is fine as long as it will come before well before warranty expires.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
EI Transformers - cheaper, and better common mode noise rejection from Mains
Toroidal - more expensive, higher power to weight ratio, lower stray magnetic field emission, prone to humming from DC on the mains

At the high end, the cost of the transformer is not an issue either way... so they probably picked it for its common mode noise rejection and absence of humming...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Bass Control coming later? Sounds like vaporware to me.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Bass Control coming later? Sounds like vaporware to me.
Until SU executes, certainly. They could pull a Yamaha and take a year to turn on most features. ;)
The guy that posted is known and respected, however. So from the Dirac perspective, they are expecting it.
Regardless, that and 5 bucks will buy you an espresso at the local cafe. :p

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
No, but I’ll mail you some Scandinavian pesos if it really matters. :p
That would be dandy if we used pesos here but you can send a sufficiently large amount of Mexican Peso, if you find that more convenient. ;)

Last edited:
cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
Just a question: What opinions do you(all) have about the Denon avr s760h?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The MRSP was accurate on the AV-10 & Amp-10 = $7,000 each.

Interesting that both are less expensive than the old Denon AVP-A1HD ($7,500) and matching 150W x 10CH amp ($7,500). :D
Yea was thinking the same and that was before inflation and supply chain issues. Nothing is built to the standard of those old Denon separates. It doesn't mean the new stuff isn't as good, however. I can't wait to measure them.

B

broncogr

Enthusiast
Dirac prices announced at CEDIA by Phil Jones

Dirac Limited $259, Dirac Full bandwidth $349
So exactly the same prices as the Arcam AVR5
No comment yet regarding DLBC or SRC, only that Sound United will continue working with Dirac to offer more of Dirac's products

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
One cool thing if I heard correctly from the Cedia footage is that Audyssey will be able to take advantage of all 4 subs being independent as well.

Honestly as curious as I am about Dirac I've enjoyed Audyssey enough for bass management I'd be inclined to skip the upcharges for Dirac

Although that new Dirac spatial room eq when it's completed has me very very intrigued

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One cool thing if I heard correctly from the Cedia footage is that Audyssey will be able to take advantage of all 4 subs being independent as well.

Honestly as curious as I am about Dirac I've enjoyed Audyssey enough for bass management I'd be inclined to skip the upcharges for Dirac

Although that new Dirac spatial room eq when it's completed has me very very intrigued
Agreed. One of these models will probably end up in my theater. The 3800 looks to have everything I could want. Will be REALLY nice to dial in all 4 of my subs on their own.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
That is a very interesting web page. Too bad I don't read French. I think, for me, it's between the 4800 and 6700.
Well, Best Buy now has a $300 discount on the 6700:D, and I have $150 in rewards there. So, that brings it down to $2,850, which is only a few hundred higher than the refurb and open box units that are out there now. I've been waiting to see some discounts on the X700 models since they are releasing the X800 models. It's still a ton of money for me, but I need a new AVR.

E

EB1000

Audiophyte
So, to get Dirac bass Control, one will have to wait until 2024. It will cost $750 ($250 for full Dirac + $500 for DLBC multisub option) and this will disable Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume, since Dirac does not offer such essential features. Also, only TWO speaker configuration slots are available, so it's either Dirac or Audyssey with one speaker config for each. This is very disappointing..

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
So, to get Dirac bass Control, one will have to wait until 2024. It will cost $750 ($250 for full Dirac + $500 for DLBC multisub option) and this will disable Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume, since Dirac does not offer such essential features. Also, only TWO speaker configuration slots are available, so it's either Dirac or Audyssey with one speaker config for each. This is very disappointing..
One way to match DEQ is to create multiple filters such as offsets of -5, -10, -15 for a total of 4 filters and probably another 2 or more to allow the different volume settings. This would only work if D+M can save them all in the AVR/AVP and the filters can be selected via the settings. So this is not likely to happen.

A more likely scenario is by that time Dirac has it's own DEQ that is comparable to that of D+M's.

I like DL for my two channel systems but not so sure about paying even just $250 for the so called full Dirac version. The ability to EQ 4 subs is overrated (just my opinion). I highly doubt one can pick out their preference in a blind test among different RC systems for the bass range of 15-300 Hz, but it's the internet, you can easily find reports of the night and day better difference people claimed were getting using minidsp/REW, MSO or switching to AARC. If we are to believe and fellow suit based on those claims, we wouldn't be able to make a decision.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis