Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My true love is tobacco.

1665225601785.png

One of these is sitting in a humidor waiting for the right time. Having to smoke it without booze is a travesty though. My vices are my dearest friends. That might be the last cigar I smoke but I can't let it be the first cigar I never smoke again ... even if it kills me. :D
Now that is what I call a phallic image. :D

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
We have nurses in the family. RN actually stands for Refreshments and Narcotics. Nothin' but blue skies, all I see. j/k. I have a script for a couple of opiates per week that I am able to save up. I doubt I have enough to get me through a heart surgery though.

My older sister just had a bypass. She's a health nut so her recovery was a record setting event. We should all be so lucky. Our older brother was put into a coma for a month after chest compressions broke a rib that then punctured his liver.

Back to audio. My mind is spinning on how to get that HDMI cable buried in the wall. I had that wall apart too, to get power back there for the TV and to move an outlet from behind the dresser. Then I screwed the dresser to the wall after getting it leveled up.

Swerd says I get the best deals. I gotta agree.

• TV $425
  • Speakers $500
  • Rec'r $100
  • Sub $250
  • 2nd Gen Fire TV $25
  • Total: $1300
It would be different if I had more money. Time is what I spent tracking that stuff down ... and gas money. Funny twist with the rec'r purchase. I didn't want the guy to open the box and test the rec'r because I wanted to beat traffic. He had moved back from California recently and the box was taped up. I drove home wondering if I had just given him a hundred bucks for a box of rocks. The remote had batteries that just started to leak and rust. The mic had never been used ... and there was a nice looking pot pipe in there. With the rec'r of course.

I was thinking about starting a thread "What Are You Smoking"? Then this AM my g/f tells me that my smokers cough returning from ganj is making her mental and now I must quit. THC infused coconut oil only going forward. Even my cardiologist said smoking weed wasn't heart healthy. Well, it's been a good run.

My true love is tobacco.

View attachment 58067

One of these is sitting in a humidor waiting for the right time. Having to smoke it without booze is a travesty though. My vices are my dearest friends. That might be the last cigar I smoke but I can't let it be the first cigar I never smoke again ... even if it kills me. :D
I like your thinking lol got a couple rn’s in our family too went threw about 4 weeks of heavy duty opiates and several jars of gummy’s lol got so stoned I had to turn down my subs they were vibrating my chest incision and I was stoned for 2 months. Now 4 months later I’ve got my subs back to normal no more pills and my heart doc is cool with the gummy’s so life is returning to a normal that ain’t that bad . The heart doc even said my daily use of a good shot of bourbon every night was cool in moderation so life comes to a familiar circle again .

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Consult with smoking hot cardiologist on Monday for a now that various results are in.

The following Monday is a consult with the chest cutter now that the stent is a no go.

I think it's time for some herbal supplements. Like a tea. Tumeric could probably fix this.
Cardiologists & chest cutters … oh my! By-pass surgery? That sounds serious.

Too bad about the stent not being suitable. That would have been much less invasive than by-pass surgery.

Be a good boy on Monday with the Smoking Hot consult ;). I'm guessing elevated blood pressure ain't worth the risk :rolleyes:.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I was thinking about starting a thread "What Are You Smoking"? Then this AM my g/f tells me that my smokers cough returning from ganj is making her mental and now I must quit. THC infused coconut oil only going forward. Even my cardiologist said smoking weed wasn't heart healthy. Well, it's been a good run.
Brownies with weed baked in are good to eat, and you don't have to smoke anything. I'll have to ask the Bon Bon how she would bake them.

Yesterday I voted. I got an absentee ballot, filled it out, and dropped it off in a ballot drop box. Still can't trust the mail for that. One of the referendum questions was about legalizing weed.

Do you favor the legalization of the use of cannabis by an individual who is at least 21 years of age on or after July 1, 2023, in the state of Maryland?​

I voted YES. It should pass in Maryland. A recent poll showed 73% support.

There are now about 20 states where weed possession is legal. This year, 5 more states have ballot questions to legalize possession. That could be as many as 25 states where its legal.

And now Biden is proposing to pardon all those who were convicted of possession by a federal court. In most or all states, that would be done by state courts, not federal. But in Washington, DC, with no state courts, only federal courts handle possession charges. In DC that could be a big thing.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Brownies with weed baked in are good to eat, and you don't have to smoke anything. I'll have to ask the Bon Bon how she would bake them.

Yesterday I voted. I got an absentee ballot, filled it out, and dropped it off in a ballot drop box. Still can't trust the mail for that. One of the referendum questions was about legalizing weed.

Do you favor the legalization of the use of cannabis by an individual who is at least 21 years of age on or after July 1, 2023, in the state of Maryland?​

I voted YES. It should pass in Maryland. A recent poll showed 73% support.

There are now about 20 states where weed possession is legal. This year, 5 more states have ballot questions to legalize possession. That could be as many as 25 states where its legal.

And now Biden is proposing to pardon all those who were convicted of possession by a federal court. In most or all states, that would be done by state courts, not federal. But in Washington, DC, with no state courts, only federal courts handle possession charges. In DC that could be a big thing.
My daughter lives in DC her dad hopes it becomes legal there for my well being lol !

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
And now Biden is proposing to pardon all those who were convicted of possession by a federal court.
Proposing is one thing ... :D

The real thing is being down with the idea that the same authority doing the pardoning essentially created a modern day slave class that they are now going to pardon for being unjustly enslaved ... by them.

So yeah ... never gonna happen.

My daughter lives in DC her dad hopes it becomes legal there for my well being lol !
Legal or not, it's everywhere. Swerd be holding. :D

I'll have to ask the Bon Bon how she would bake them.
I decarbed 10g of flower @ 220 degrees for 25 min.

Added that to 1 cup already infused coconut oil in a double boiler keeping temp around 130 f. for 30 minutes. Then slowly brought the temp to 165 f. and strained it a couple of times.

I made brownies in a box using 1/3 cup of oil and all the solids got thrown into the mix. Should be something else. I haven't had sweets for days: resorting to eating cereal at night with sugar sprinkled on it. I know, it's gross. I have a cultural aversion to cereal.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Proposing is one thing ... :D

The real thing is being down with the idea that the same authority doing the pardoning essentially created a modern day slave class that they are now going to pardon for being unjustly enslaved ... by them.

So yeah ... never gonna happen.

Legal or not, it's everywhere. Swerd be holding. :D

Added that to 1 cup already infused coconut oil in a double boiler keeping temp around 130 f. for 30 minutes. Then slowly brought the temp to 165 f. and strained it a couple of times.

I made brownies in a box using 1/3 cup of oil and all the solids got thrown into the mix. Should be something else. I haven't had sweets for days: resorting to eating cereal at night with sugar sprinkled on it. I know, it's gross. I have a cultural aversion to cereal.
Have also made a very nice brewed tea to go along with brownies after it’s boiled down on a low temp too . I find it to be mind bending

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
chest incision
How big? And where? I know: Google. I was just relaying my level of ignorance.

I can see I'm in for a ride. Dread/Aversion/Much Do Not Want is setting in. Oh no ... I think this is reality check. I can't believe this is happening after I gave up sweets almost completely (except sometimes) like a good month ago.

Gonna go cook some shrimp in clarified butter ... what? :rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Sounds like work. My go to edible is buying some RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) and mixing it into 200g of melted chocolate and spooning that into some small ice cube molds (cute little heart ones). Makes 20 reasonably sweet treats :) Good luck!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

I can see I'm in for a ride. Dread/Aversion/Much Do Not Want is setting in. Oh no ... I think this is reality check. I can't believe this is happening after I gave up sweets almost completely (except sometimes) like a good month ago.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

On me my whole chest bone 3 to 6 month heal time on that then cardiac rehab for about 3 months .

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sounds like work.
Especially when it's your first time. It was a fun project to use up flower I decided not to smoke because my g/f said. Anyway now the flower is gone and there's my balls in that little jar she keeps in her purse.

I told her I was looking forward to being to first to go. It's less work! It's sweet that she cares but that joke ... WAY too soon. I'm suppose to be reassuring her.

my whole chest bone
Oh hell no. That's the work-around? I don't want to be on opiates for that long again either. And here's the thing, I think I'm in shock NOW. Wait until I wake up from the surgery.

Holy f^%& but this escalated quickly. Some first move.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Especially when it's your first time. It was a fun project to use up flower I decided not to smoke because my g/f said. Anyway now the flower is gone and there's my balls in that little jar she keeps in her purse.

I told her I was looking forward to being to first to go. It's less work! It's sweet that she cares but that joke ... WAY too soon. I'm suppose to be reassuring her.
I just don't like the extraction process from flower....or did you dump the decarb flower into the brownie mix?! Get your balls out of that glass....altho maybe wait a while until you're healthier :) I still have some good shake from a grower for butter but the process isn't my favorite compared to just buying the oil these days :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
did you dump the decarb flower into the brownie mix?
That's what I did. Good Lord, what a disaster. I'm still shattered.

Edit: Actually both. Tried to extract decarbed THC into already infused oil and THEN threw the solids into the brownie mix ... using the twice infused oil.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The good news regarding seriousness or severity is that I ended up in the hands of a cardiologist because an unrelated X-ray showed vascular calcification as opposed to ending up there because of the usual reasons people with bad tickers end up there. So nobody is waiting for me to drop from the big one. Hearing this from the cardiologist made my girl breathe easier.

The bad news: time travel is impossible and the Jews might have been right about the pig all along. I don't know what's more upsetting, serious heart trouble or a future without bacon.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That's what I did. Good Lord, what a disaster. I'm still shattered.

Edit: Actually both. Tried to extract decarbed THC into already infused oil and THEN threw the solids into the brownie mix ... using the twice infused oil.
I've used 180 proof alcohol for extraction and I've used MCT oil. With the first, decarb is necessary as is keeping the alcohol at near 0 degrees, with the second you can do it in the oil while infusing. Temp and time are the key for decarb. Feel free to DM me as I use to make tictures for a couple of cancer patients and got pretty good at it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've used 180 proof alcohol for extraction and I've used MCT oil. With the first, decarb is necessary as is keeping the alcohol at near 0 degrees, with the second you can do it in the oil while infusing. Temp and time are the key for decarb. Feel free to DM me as I use to make tictures for a couple of cancer patients and got pretty good at it.
You Americans and your archaic and weird usage of units. :p

At the turn of the millennia I worked for a software company making modelling software for the oil/gas industry, and of course, importing customer data is essential. To a Norwegian did this give rise to a number of laughable moments, like using meter*meter*feet as a volumetric unit.

Actually, my then CEO at that time told me that he as very young oil engineer was present at some meetings between Americans and Norwegians at the start of our North See exploration: He was at a meeting where the participants where discussion profitability and was not aware that one part used meter*meter*feet as a unit while the other part used meter*meter*meter. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You Americans and your archaic and weird usage of units.
1668430903194.png

Metric Sh!t Ton

F^%& Load

Kunt Hair

Don't you guys have some unit of measurement that uses fish heads or something? :p

System 3 seems to be a done deal. I see and I've always sort of known how much all three systems have in common. Getting subs and xo points set up levels the playing field, allowing me to compare a piece of music from the Amazon premium music service on each system.

The BMR is the next natural step for me. I think about other designs and other designers but the BMR just mopped the floor with the competition. That's hard to ignore.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 58602

Metric Sh!t Ton

F^%& Load

Kunt Hair

Don't you guys have some unit of measurement that uses fish heads or something? :p

System 3 seems to be a done deal. I see and I've always sort of known how much all three systems have in common. Getting subs and xo points set up levels the playing field, allowing me to compare a piece of music from the Amazon premium music service on each system.

The BMR is the next natural step for me. I think about other designs and other designers but the BMR just mopped the floor with the competition. That's hard to ignore.
Tower or monitors?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tower or monitors?
RandyB is selling towers for $3k. That'd be nice.
I think it was the monitors that were the contest favorites though.
The DIY monitors would be my choice. Is there a tower kit?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis