D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If it's just one then either the early 70s Mach I or the fastback. This one has a 429 cobra. The Boss is the ideal but is waaaaaaay up there in price. Third would be the coupe, and it has the best grille IMO. But isn't considered muscle. The coupes have gone up in demand driving the prices up because the fastbacks and machs are much more rare. Johnny Depp had one in 21 Jump Street. It was blue and think that was a fastback but can't remember. It got destroyed at his home in the Hollywood Hills due to an earthquake I believe.
1664019858404.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Don't really care much about under the hood. Just like the sightlines on the Christine. '58 Plymouth Fury. I love the line in the movie where David Keith is super passionate about....

'When you love somebody so much, and they love as much equally---woooo, baby! There isn't nothing that can stop ya!'

'Are you talking about your girlfriend?'

'No, Christine man!'
:p
1664022278999.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I really don't understand cars but like to look. Apparently the story with the '70 Plymouth Superbird is they weren't selling because they weren't practical. Owners bought them, and once they started winning races they became sellable. It was a street racer, and they'd be listed at 425 horse for insurance purposed but really were 500 or more. The hemi 426 is more expensive than the 440 six-pack my cousin says. I'm sure more rare. They average 250-300K at auctions, and the hemi will go for more.
1664036266726.png

1664036319851.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Oh my cousin said the 426 is faster than the 440 due to combustion design.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, that’s true, but also not that simple. Other factors like cam profile and compression ratio help too.
HEMI is referenced to the hemispherical combustion chamber shape. 10,000HP dragsters and funny cars basically use the mopar hemi design still.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Best dashes are the 50s and 60s IMO. That sort of Jetsons/space agey stuff. Not for certain on the influence but am assuming the idea of space exploration and the moon landing etc. Practical? No, but classic lol. The reds, mints etc. I saw a dash once sprawled in chrome. That was one of my favs.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
In terms of design I though the Ford GT killed it in the 2000s. Not much in that mold of car that's better IMO. Plus the doors open upwards.
1664104247394.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The new hummer with an electric tranny that goes this fast. Insane.

This 4.5-ton behemoth launched from a standstill to 60 mph in 3.0 seconds. That makes it the quickest pickup we've ever tested, period, beating the previous record-holder—the 835-hp 2022 Rivian R1T—by 0.1 second.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If it's owning just one car then it's the Mustang for me. Funny story though is Dennis Collins is a well known collector and has this YT channel where he finds old Mustangs in garages and rebuilds them. He's so obsessed with them he sold seven from the 80s and 90s. I'm like, I don't want that crap LOL. One he'd never even driven. 13 miles on it.:)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I really don't understand cars but like to look. Apparently the story with the '70 Plymouth Superbird is they weren't selling because they weren't practical. Owners bought them, and once they started winning races they became sellable. It was a street racer, and they'd be listed at 425 horse for insurance purposed but really were 500 or more. The hemi 426 is more expensive than the 440 six-pack my cousin says. I'm sure more rare. They average 250-300K at auctions, and the hemi will go for more.
View attachment 57899
View attachment 57900
I was at a family gathering of some friends and was chatting with one from high school, whose dad had become a Dodge/Chrysler dealer in the late-'60s. We traded stories about how his dad got the franchise, I told him that I had met his dad in '66 when my dad bought a '56 T-Bird from him and he said his mom used to drive one of the Super Birds to the grocery store- car dealers sometimes grab a car to drive and on occasion, that was one of them. His mom and fast cars were a very strange match- she was definitely not the type for something like that.

highfigh

highfigh

Yep, that’s true, but also not that simple. Other factors like cam profile and compression ratio help too.
HEMI is referenced to the hemispherical combustion chamber shape. 10,000HP dragsters and funny cars basically use the mopar hemi design still.
And they still top out at only 500 c.i.d.- that's amazing output.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
And they still top out at only 500 c.i.d.- that's amazing output.
YeH, it’s insane. Thank you nitromethane!
I would like to see some kind of restrictions on the engines, and return to 1320. Too late now though. Been too many years since Scott died.

highfigh

highfigh

YeH, it’s insane. Thank you nitromethane!
I would like to see some kind of restrictions on the engines, and return to 1320. Too late now though. Been too many years since Scott died.
They have used nitro for more than 50 years- it's a lot more than that. Returning to 1320 would be great, but I think they should do it with another class of cars, not by restricting anyone/anything. The way a 10K+ HP car launches is incredible, although that's what was amazing in the mid-'80s when I last went to a drag strip and IIRC, the winning top fuel time on that day was ~5:12.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I was at a family gathering of some friends and was chatting with one from high school, whose dad had become a Dodge/Chrysler dealer in the late-'60s. We traded stories about how his dad got the franchise, I told him that I had met his dad in '66 when my dad bought a '56 T-Bird from him and he said his mom used to drive one of the Super Birds to the grocery store- car dealers sometimes grab a car to drive and on occasion, that was one of them. His mom and fast cars were a very strange match- she was definitely not the type for something like that.
Wings are good for placing drinks on. :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while true, in the world of stop-light street drag races the 440 magnum was a better choice. In the world of the NHRA and sportsman competition in SS/AA the hemi rules !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
They have used nitro for more than 50 years- it's a lot more than that. Returning to 1320 would be great, but I think they should do it with another class of cars, not by restricting anyone/anything. The way a 10K+ HP car launches is incredible, although that's what was amazing in the mid-'80s when I last went to a drag strip and IIRC, the winning top fuel time on that day was ~5:12.
the other factor is there are still too many tracks without enough shut-down length to accommodate the speeds they are running. the fuel cars are already running faster at a 1000' than they were at 1320 !

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Best dashes are the 50s and 60s IMO. That sort of Jetsons/space agey stuff. Not for certain on the influence but am assuming the idea of space exploration and the moon landing etc. Practical? No, but classic lol. The reds, mints etc. I saw a dash once sprawled in chrome. That was one of my favs.
I had a '56 Ford Customline similar to this one. All steel dash and no seat belts. The thing was a death trap but fun to drive. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis