2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
S660H/S760H/X1700H/X6700H
Are all on a different release schedule than the current launch. X6700H is on a 3 year life cycle and will be replaced in 2023. I have verified this from multiple past and current official sources.
So, does that mean that they will continue to manufacture the 6700 until 2023?

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
So, does that mean that they will continue to manufacture the 6700 until 2023?
Yes. Late 2023. It's not going away. If you need help locating one, or finding a better deal, LMN. I don't make a dime, and my time is 100% voluntary.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
S660H/S760H/X1700H/X6700H
Are all on a different release schedule than the current launch. X6700H is on a 3 year life cycle and will be replaced in 2023. I have verified this from multiple past and current official sources.
I wonder whether this is associated with a manufacturing rather than marketing cycle...

They probably sell a much more limited number of the X6xxx series, so they run a single manufacturing batch and it lasts them 3 years...

Their timing might be based on how long it typically takes to move that batch.

Whereas with the more mass market oriented X3xxx, they presumably run several manufacturing batches over the models lifetime, giving them flexibility to respond to the market, as well as the ability to update more frequently...

Any info out there on manufacturing dates & batches?

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Marantz Cinema 50 remote control.

I've seen renders of the new Marantz remote before, so I already knew they going to be different than the Denon remote. This is welcome news and very exciting. I just didn't know what models were getting which remotes, or what features each offered. Seems like they are saving advanced backlighting for higher models like the Cinema 40. This one looks really good.
Marantz remote cinema 50.jpg

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It's official now. More news coming at CEDIA end of next week:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's official now. More news coming at CEDIA end of next week:

Gene, curious, any difference in new ownership that you can comment on as to how it has affected this brand?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, curious, any difference in new ownership that you can comment on as to how it has affected this brand?
I don't see any difference from new ownership thus far. They are cranking out more new product than ever which is a good thing. Meeting with the entire Sound United crew at CEDIA next week. Looking forward!

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Guess I "guessed" right then. Like 100%.

I didn't see anything I got wrong over the past 3 week's run-up to the launch. The "official" launch has barely provided a single new talking point so far. The total absence of Marantz in recent press announcements is a bit concerning, especially given recent AV forum events seen worldwide.

What we need are details and descriptions of the internals. Then we need to know exactly how they function. Finally, we need benchmarks. If someone can hear a difference, good for them.

I think Gene knows exactly what questions need to be answered here. Sure, Gene may come along and ask us, "hey fellow Audiholics, what questions do YOU want Sound United to answer? I won't entertain that, as Gene already knows exactly what to ask S.U., and what details we need to know. There is a ton yet to be answered.

IMOP, the only real question is...
Will the new era of Sound United come to the table and answer the hard questions in a direct, complete, and timely manner? Or will this be the longest-lasting product roll-out in Sound United history, full of little more than marketing fluffery over the next 1-2 years as new products in an expanding line-up become "available"?

This is where I chose to step aside. I want to allow the industry experts the time and space to do the best they possibly can, to relay extremely detailed information to the enthusiasts and supporters that care about more than basic features lists. In due time, I may re-emerge as a source for "unofficial" news, but only if necessary. This isn't the time for that. This is the time for Sound United to do all the talking.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think I see a huge difference Masimo is already making. Besides the new name logo on the emails I get from SU, this Dirac Live SOFTWARE update, 4-independent subs and the 15Ch class-D Marantz amp is pretty significant.

Even if I don't use DL or any REQ, just the thought of being able to get something as significant as Dirac Live via a software update, instead of a hardware update, is so cool. :cool:

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't see any difference from new ownership thus far. They are cranking out more new product than ever which is a good thing. Meeting with the entire Sound United crew at CEDIA next week. Looking forward!
If one of their design engineer happens to be there, may be you can ask him/her how their sound master tune the sound to bright, warm, more impactful, faster, slower or whatever that can be easily discernible in listening tests; and yet still would still measure flat response, DF>100, THD+N <0.05% (with decent looking FFT), 20-20,000 Hz etc. that should imply more or less neutrality right?;)

Just kidding really, I know that probably is not an appropriate question anyway.

B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
Sorry if I missed these details if already explained, but which models have balanced pre outs and do those provide any benefit over the RCA pre outs?

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
I think I see a huge difference Masimo is already making. Besides the new name logo on the emails I get from SU, this Dirac Live SOFTWARE update, 4-independent subs and the 15Ch class-D Marantz amp is pretty significant.

Even if I don't use DL or any REQ, just the thought of being able to get something as significant as Dirac Live via a software update, instead of a hardware update, is so cool. :cool:
Just to clear up one thing. Dirac absolutely requires specific hardware. If it's already built-in, you are good to go for the software later. However, Dirac is not backwards compatible, meaning every existing older D+M model will never be getting a Dirac update, no matter what happens. Just wanted everyone to know that straight away, as I've seen others get confused by this before.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm super excited about this. My first instinct is to feel the top end model is a bit pricey.

However 15 channels of amplification built in 4 balanced sub outs and Dirac hardware already built in makes this a great deal when you get past the sticker shock

You are still WAY under the price of a lot of good prepros when you add in the cost of there amplifiers they sell that it would take to power 15 speakers. And a lot of them don't have 4 independent sub outputs either.

The Anthem AVM 90 is right at that price BEFORE you add in the amps.

I'm super impressed they really stepped up they're game this release cycle. And raised the bar for any other AVR companies that are left out there competing with them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis