2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

E

EBN

Audioholic
Some more leaks from the rear of the AVC-A1H flagship posted to AVSF, courtesy of avclub.gr:

And X3800H with 4 sub preouts:

X2800H:

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Some more leaks from the rear of the AVC-A1H flagship posted to AVSF, courtesy of avclub.gr:

And X3800H with 4 sub preouts:

The model# is so confusing. They had a 7CH AV amp back in 2008 called the AVC-A1HDA:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The model# is so confusing. They had a 7CH AV amp back in 2008 called the AVC-A1HDA:
I thought "AVR" was for North America and "AVC" was for Europe and others.

So shouldn't the new AVR for USA be named AVR-A1H?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Did they drop the tuner part of this model for the US? Altho the avinsider link under construction above does use avr in the title...

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic

AVR (Audio Video Reciever) = amps + tuner
AVC (Audio Video Controller)= amps
AVP (Audio Video Processor) = :)

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Did they drop the tuner part of this model for the US? Altho the avinsider link under construction above does use avr in the title...
Nope. International market preferences have not changed. U.S keeps the tuner, at least for now.

Tuners are something I thought might go away this year. Good to see they haven't pulled the rug on that yet. Even auto manufacturers are talking about eliminating tuners in their audio systems. The auto industry will likely be responsible for killing what is left of the Radio Star

Last edited:
pbc

pbc

Audioholic
Denon has just upped its room correction game with FULL DIRAC support (upgrade option) in addition to simultaneously supporting Audyssey MultEQx.
What does Full Dirac support mean on the 3800? DLBC as well as an optional upgrade?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I doubt they will drop the tuner.

As we know, this is just a “leak”. :D

I think when the new Denon’s are officially released, the North American models will be AVR-3800, AVR-4800, AVR-6800 and AVR-A1.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic

I think when the new Denon’s are officially released, the North American models will be AVR-3800, AVR-4800, AVR-6800 and AVR-A1.
They already did drop the tuner. Fact check.

Yup.

Eh. See post #64 . See the /NA/ in those links?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Wouldn't bother me, haven't been in fm range in years :) Much more important for internet access for my purposes in an avr. If we go to digital radio transmission like Europe, then it would make sense not to offer it at all but even when I was last near radio reception, much of the choices were pretty bad....corporate fm radio isn't my preference.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Denon AVR-X3800H AV Receiver
View attachment 57745
The DM future is looking UP.

Dirac - check
4 independent subs - check
Preamp mode - check

I think the only thing left (which the new Marantz 16Ch amp has) is to go all class-D amp for all AVRs so that all the DM AVRs will run cool. :cool:

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The DM future is looking UP.

Dirac - check
4 independent subs - check
Preamp mode - check

I think the only thing left (which the new Marantz 16Ch amp has) is to go all class-D amp for all AVRs so that all the DM AVRs will run cool. :cool:
I would add one more:
- 3 year (5 for the top 2 models) exchange warranty if first repair failed again before end of warranty).

So far I have been lucky but am concerned about their service centers reputation.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would add one more:
- 3 year (5 for the top 2 models) exchange warranty if first repair failed again before end of warranty).

So far I have been lucky but am concerned about their service centers reputation.
I actually wrote that about the 5YR warranty and a few other things, but deleted it. :D

I didn't want to look too greedy. :D

Class-D amps next. Then 5YR warranty. Then get rid of those worthless Panurgy. :D

A

Audiguy3

Enthusiast
They could just go to internet streaming. I am OK with it but some stations are not covered by the streaming channels

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Official Japanese Press Release

[NEW PRODUCT] AVR-X3800H / AVR-X2800H / AVR-X580BT 8K/4K HIGH-PERFORMANCE AV SURROUND RECEIVER 3 MODELS FOR FULLY ENJOYING HIGH-DEFINITION AND HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT IN THE UHD ERA!

Sep 15, 2022

Denon will release the 9.4ch AV surround receiver "AVR-X3800H" and the 7.2ch AV surround receiver "AVR-X2800H" in late October, and the 5.2ch AV surround receiver "AVR-X580BT" in late September.
AVR-X3800H has 6 inputs/2 outputs out of 6 inputs/3 outputs, AVR-X2800H has 3 inputs/2 outputs out of 6 inputs/2 outputs, AVR-X580BT has all 4 inputs/1 output, up to 40 Gbps 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video signal pass-through, so you can fully enjoy the new 4K/8K satellite broadcasting, video distribution services, and ultra-high-definition and smooth image beauty of the latest game consoles with high-quality sound. I can. Of course, in addition to simply supporting 8K, HDR (High Dynamic Range), which enhances the expressiveness of brightness and colors and improves the reality of images, supports HDR10+ and Dynamic HDR in addition to HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG. also supported. eARC (* Only AVR-X580BT does not support immersive audio) that enables input of multi-channel linear PCM signals from TVs, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and other immersive audio signals, ALLM, VRR that innovates gaming & VR experiences, It also supports the latest features such as QFT, raising the quality of the home theater experience to new heights.

In terms of sound quality, bring out the true value of lossless audio and immersive audio, and reproduce sound that approaches the dubbing stage in your home theater. In order to embody the ideals that Denon's AV amps aim for, all models have undergone thorough sound tuning. The sound master Shinichi Yamauchi, who handles the sound quality tuning of all Denon products, and the sound quality engineer have accumulated over many years of knowledge, custom-made high-quality sound parts, and circuit design technology. All models have fidelity close to that of Hi-Fi audio.

The AVR-X3800H supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, MPEG-4 AAC, as well as IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D. A 9ch amplifier is built in, and a surround system including 4ch height speakers can be constructed by itself. Furthermore, since it supports processing up to 11.4ch, you can use up to 6ch height speakers by adding an external power amplifier. In addition, up to four subwoofers can be connected, and the low-frequency components of nearby speakers can be assigned to each subwoofer, so bass directionality and movement can be accurately reproduced. . The pre-out is equipped with 11.4ch, and if you use the "preamp mode" that separates the preamp from the built-in amplifier, you can output a high-purity audio signal to an external power amplifier that is not affected by the operation of the built-in amplifier. . The preamp mode can be set not only for all channels at once, but also for each channel individually.
AVR-X2800H supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and MPEG-4 AAC. With a built-in 7ch amplifier, you can build a surround system including 2ch height speakers or surround back speakers. Up to 2 subwoofers can be connected.
The AVR-X580BT supports lossless surround formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, making it the perfect entry-level home theater model. Up to 2 subwoofers can be connected.

The AVR-X3800H and AVR-X2800H are equipped with the network audio platform "HEOS", and if you add HEOS Built-in devices such as "Denon Home series" smart speakers and sound bars to the system, you can enjoy wireless multi-room. You can easily build the environment. Music streaming services include Amazon Music HD*1, which supports lossless and high-resolution, AWA*1, Spotify*1, and SoundCloud*1. You can also enjoy internet radio broadcasts from around the world. It also supports AirPlay 2, so you can enjoy high-quality audio from Apple Music*1 and apps. For Bluetooth®, both reception and transmission*2 are supported, so you can enjoy TV audio and music with Bluetooth headphones. It also supports playback of DSD files and high-resolution sound sources stored on music servers (PC / Mac / NAS, etc.) on the local network and USB memory. It also supports voice control with Amazon Alexa. In addition to basic operations such as play, stop, skip, and volume adjustment, just talk to Alexa-enabled devices such as Denon Home and Amazon Echo. can be specified for playback. You can also call Internet radio stations by voice. It also supports "Denon AVR Remote" that allows you to operate and set the AV amplifier with a smartphone or tablet, and "Web control function" that allows you to operate and set with a web browser on your smartphone or PC. Wi-Fi supports 2.4/5GHz dual band, MIMO and IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, enabling high-speed and stable communication.
In addition to receiving music signals via Bluetooth, the AVR-X580BT also supports the remote control application "Denon 500 Series Remote" that operates AV amplifiers via Bluetooth.

All three models have been redesigned with intuitive setup menus that have received high praise from the past. The display resolution of text and images has been increased to improve the readability of text and the visibility of images. The design has also been refined and reborn into a modern one. The "setup assistant" function, which provides easy-to-understand guidance on initial settings such as speaker connections and settings, input device connections, and network settings with text, images, and animations, has also evolved to make it easier to understand, and is displayed on the TV screen. Anyone can easily set up the AV amplifier just by following the instructions and proceeding with the settings step by step.

*1 Separate registration/contract and fee may be required to use the service.
*1 Headphone volume cannot be adjusted from the AV amplifier. Use Bluetooth headphones with volume control.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis