2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I remember Chris Kyriakakis (Audyssey's main guy) saying Audyssey was capable of four independent subs but no one had implemented it....seems they finally have. Nice.
I've a similar recollection but that it was more than four independent subwoofer pre-out (level and distance, that is, as Audyssey EQ subwoofers together).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've a similar recollection but that it was more than four independent subwoofer pre-out (level and distance, that is, as Audyssey EQ subwoofers together).
Here's something from Audyssey's zendesk on sub setup questions (from here), the specific comment I remember was someone asking about four subs and the answer was specifically about four not having yet been implemented altho capable. Seems if you have the processor, it can do more!

Audyssey Labs June 26, 2012 16:15
SubEQ HT can set up any number of subwoofers. It's completely scalable. But, for it to do that the manufacturer of the AVR has to allow individual time and level control of each sub. So far none have allowed this for more than two subs

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Lol, for me, the best thing about these new Denon models will be if some owners of the X700 models put them up for sale at some nice prices!:cool: I have a very simple system and don't need any of the new features of the X800 models.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lol, for me, the best thing about these new Denon models will be if some owners of the X700 models put them up for sale at some nice prices!:cool: I have a very simple system and don't need any of the new features of the X800 models.
The only known instance of trickle down that actually works?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
If the prices shown in that link materialize I will most likely go back to "separate" (I hate that term..), i.e. the AVM70. The AVM70 in 2023 or even late 2022 may be discounted to a more affordable level anyway. I would much prefer Dirac but can make do with AARC too, it just the bass range I mostly care about anyway.
Well said @PENG, Yamaha still hasn't gonna YPAO quite right yet. All though it is better with managing the, Low Frequency.

They have managed to improve upon, YAPO:Low Frequency but still have a long way to go. I have completely disabled YPAO on my RX-A4A. I can remember before Yamaha even had a "New Name" for the newer models that where soon to be released around the pandemic.

Well Andrew aka: @AcuDefTechGuy and I where texting back and forth on cellphones. He has connections with someone up at Yamaha. @PENG what I'm about to state is true and fact. It was I who suggested to the Andrew that the new name plate, A4A , A6A and A8A. so he forwarded some of the suggestions he and I were to discussing. Guess what? Yamaha decided to go with. the A4A, A6A, and A8A.

He got a reply from Yamaha who said that they where indeed gonna go with the new name plate of my suggestion awarded him $100,000. @PENG know what Andrew texted when he discovered he was coming into a windfall? texting back and forth that day, I congratulated him and ask him of what would my cut was. Dude busted out with we'll see!! :oops: what a shark huh? :D after all the plugging I've put in here on AH.

I than said well at the very least he could give me a A8A.. He goes at cost plus shipping. Beware PENG, this one of my many reasons I do follow you here and on other forms.

Personally speaking for myself, I hope Denon and Marantz and Onkyo can continue to up their game with reliability, CS, QC, and CS. Gene was spot on his assessment with that RX-A6A of why he couldn't give a recommendation on any of the Yamaha new Advantage line of AVR's.

Just Buy Denon.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You will remain a Yamaha fan for a long time, based on the D+M new lines timeline. Based on price and Yamaha's next move (such as offering DL an option too), they may actually outsell D+M too in the long run..;)

DL's license fees will become more affordable, to the OEMs anyway, due to the huge increase in volume, that is after 2023 if D+M (already sells a lot now) start may start selling AVRs/AVPs like pancake.
I hope Yamaha adopt Dirac + 9.4.6 since it seems everyone else is.

I was kind of shocked when Yamaha offered the relatively dead Auro3D (still no North American contents since inception). So anything is possible.

But this news of Denon/Marantz offering Dirac + 9.4.6 is an early Christmas awesome news for many audiophiles.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well said @PENG, Yamaha still hasn't gonna YPAO quite right yet. All though it is better with managing the, Low Frequency.

They have managed to improve upon, YAPO:Low Frequency but still have a long way to go. I have completely disabled YPAO on my RX-A4A. I can remember before Yamaha even had a "New Name" for the newer models that where soon to be released around the pandemic.

Well Andrew aka: @AcuDefTechGuy and I where texting back and forth on cellphones. He has connections with someone up at Yamaha. @PENG what I'm about to state is true and fact. It was I who suggested to the Andrew that the new name plate, A4A , A6A and A8A. so he forwarded some of the suggestions he and I were to discussing. Guess what? Yamaha decided to go with. the A4A, A6A, and A8A.

He got a reply from Yamaha who said that they where indeed gonna go with the new name plate of my suggestion awarded him $100,000. @PENG know what Andrew texted when he discovered he was coming into a windfall? texting back and forth that day, I congratulated him and ask him of what would my cut was. Dude busted out with we'll see!! :oops: what a shark huh? :D after all the plugging I've put in here on AH.

I than said well at the very least he could give me a A8A.. He goes at cost plus shipping. Beware PENG, this one of my many reasons I do follow you here and on other forms.

Personally speaking for myself, I hope Denon and Marantz and Onkyo can continue to up their game with reliability, CS, QC, and CS. Gene was spot on his assessment with that RX-A6A of why he couldn't give a recommendation on any of the Yamaha new Advantage line of AVR's.

Just Buy Denon.
Haha, nope, I am simply just a fan of Yamaha.

But with this huge news of Denon/Marantz offering Dirac + 9.4.6, I also a fan of DM. :D

E

EBN

Audioholic
How can we justify Marantz Cinema 40 price 3500$ compared to 2000$ for Denon X4800H? Looks like the 4800 model production is moved to Japan like the C40. The feature sheet looks identical. Amplification same old 125w as in 7015 and Dirac Live isn´t included in price. That 4500$ might have full Dirac? Then it would compete with Arcam AVR20 / Anthem MRX 1140.

There was no mention of DACs. Will they jump on ESS or is AKM back on it´s feet? Normal folks couldn´t care less, but i know @PENG does. :p

The poop storm that comes if this unit measures worse than 1500$ cheaper X4800H at ASR. :D

Ctrl + for zoom.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
How can we justify Marantz Cinema 40 price 3500$ compared to 2000$ for Denon X4800H? Looks like the 4800 model production is moved to Japan like the C40. The feature sheet looks identical. Amplification same old 125w as in 7015 and Dirac Live isn´t included in price. That 4500$ might have full Dirac? Then it would compete with Arcam AVR20 / Anthem MRX 1140.

There was no mention of DACs. Will they jump on ESS or is AKM back on it´s feet? Normal folks couldn´t care less, but i know @PENG does. :p

I don't care either in terms of sound quality, but I care because I don't feel like being cheated with a low grade IC for a few dollars saving. About the HDAMs, we know from the SR8015's bench test results Marantz has done something (likely in addition to upgraded the HDAM modules) to prevent the pre out THD+N to deteriorate much when the internal power amp clips but that does not justify such $2,000 more than the Denon that still measured a little better (based on 6700 vs 8015) at the pre outs. Again, its not about audibility but principle. Not a good analogy, but in terms of feeling it is somewhat like I want my car to be capable of under 7 s from 0-100 kM/hr even though I would never step on the pedal quick/hard even to even test such capability. Knowing it can do it is worth the extra few dollars.

The poop storm that comes if this unit measures worse than 1500$ cheaper X4800H at ASR. :D

Ctrl + for zoom.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is anyone thinking if these new DM models have the same platform as the current models or will it be completely new?

IOW, will this is be Generation #9?

Many of us avoid the first few generations. :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Is anyone thinking if these new DM models have the same platform as the current models or will it be completely new?

IOW, will this is be Generation #9?

Many of us avoid the first few generations. :D
I dunno, but I’ll keep using my 2015 model Denon receiver as currently the only reason for me to update would be DL/DLBC. Not that interested in HEOS for streaming either.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When will we actually see the AV10 in the field?
Probably Jul-Aug-Sep 2023.

Lower-Mid DM models - probably Oct-Nov-Dec 2022
Higher-end DM models - Jul-Aug-Sep 2023

2022-2023 Marantz Cinema Series

Stereo 70s......Replaces NR1200.....Expected Q4 2023

Cinema 70s....Replaces NR1711.....Expected Q4 2022

Cinema 60......Replaces SR5015.....Expected Q4 2022

Cinema 50......Replaces SR6015.....Expected Q4 2022

Cinema 40......Replaces SR7015.....Expected Q3 2023

AV 10 + AMP 10 are the New Flagship Seperates.....Expected Q3 2023

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If the prices shown in that link materialize I will most likely go back to "separate" (I hate that term..), i.e. the AVM70. The AVM70 in 2023 or even late 2022 may be discounted to a more affordable level anyway. I would much prefer Dirac but can make do with AARC too, it just the bass range I mostly care about anyway.
Maybe Marantz will replace the $3200 AV7706 with a new $3200 model with DL and THD+N of 0.0007%. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis