Finding the right center channel

F

focalfanatic

Audiophyte
Hi and thanks ahead of time. I have a pair of Focal Chorus 706 stand-mount speakers and am looking for a center channel for them, i have tried to find a 700 series CC but none available so perhaps some ideas on how i can make this work. Hoping to aquire a CC of similiar value. Again thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you find and place a third 706 ? Or must it be a horizontal type center? Budget?

F

focalfanatic

Audiophyte
No
Can you find and place a third 706 ? Or must it be a horizontal type center? Budget?
No, was hoping for a center, i looked at the 800 series center or even the 900 series, not sure if thats too good for the 706’s

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No

No, was hoping for a center, i looked at the 800 series center or even the 900 series, not sure if thats too good for the 706’s
Just best to have identical front three if you can work it but many tv setups make that difficult....

Think of it this way, in a movie quite a bit is handled by the center....so having an even better center isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd imagine they're similar enough to work well....but you can perhaps ask Focal about that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis