Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I sure wish they could make these student loans payback retroactive back say, to the early 70's. I want my money back LOLOLOL
Your cost of taking a higher education then is by far less than today adjusted for inflation.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And as of this AM the idiots in DC don't even know how much this F'n mess is gonna cost taxpayers.........

I wonder how many of us that wanted Trump out and in turn voted for this garbage Administration are having second thoughts ??? Should have voted Libertarian, as I've done before ..........
It's a real travesty that there is an upper income cap at $125 000 single/$250 000 combined, and even worse, it was a campaign pledge. /sarcasm

But you're fine with tax cuts for the very wealthy and big corporations with nothing for those having a little above average earnings?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
And as of this AM the idiots in DC don't even know how much this F'n mess is gonna cost taxpayers.........

I wonder how many of us that wanted Trump out and in turn voted for this garbage Administration are having second thoughts ??? Should have voted Libertarian, as I've done before ..........
I'd wager that it will cost much less than the 2008 Wall St/Automaker bailouts.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
and here are a handful of the 'loan free' students getting interviewed.......

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Your cost of taking a higher education then is by far less than today adjusted for inflation.
I got a bachelors degree from the same school twice, 20 years apart. In 1995, tuition, room, and board was $14k per year. In 2015, it was $34k. Tuition alone in 2015 was $14k. If the costs of education tracked with inflation, $14k in 95 would have been $21.7k in 2015. This was a state school. It's worse at private schools where someone getting a bachelor's degree can end up spending $70k/yr or more nowadays.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I know, you Canadians are already used to 'Socialized Education' .......... ;)
Actually, post-secondary education is not free in Canada. My daughter is entering her third year at university. Her tuition, books and room & board for the year will be about C$18,000 (US$14,000). That's actually a significant increase over the first couple of years. Tuition had been frozen for several years, but they were forced to jack it up, because the university couldn't eat the increased costs any longer.

Universities in Canada do receive some government funding, but it covers just a fraction of expenses. There is also a program for parents to save for kids' post-secondary education, called the Registered Education Savings Plan. When you start an investment account under the plan, the federal government matches contributions by 20%. We started hers when she was born and there is enough in the account to see her through her first degree. We've told her that any post-grad degree will be on her own dime. But, she will graduate with her BA debt-free.

WRT the links I posted, are the auto industries and investment banking socialized industries?

USDA ERS - Farm Bill Spending

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected the total cost of the 2018 Farm Act would be $428 billion over the 5-year period 2019-2023.
Is farming 'socialized' in the US?

While you won't find many people in Canada who will say that post-secondary education here is cheap, it really is when compared with the US. I think university students should have some skin in the game WRT school costs (We insist that our daughter contribute some of her summer earnings), but I don't think it's right to saddle a young person with debt akin to a mortgage when they are just starting out in life.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

WRT the links I posted, are the auto industries and investment banking socialized industries?

USDA ERS - Farm Bill Spending
Is farming 'socialized' in the US?

Don't forget the oil industry, airline industry and some others. ;)

Don't forget al those complaining about the tuition bill, how much they received during Covid and forgiven, 6 and 7 figures. How they complain while
raking in the $$$$$$$

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Don't forget the oil industry, airline industry and some others. ;)

Don't forget al those complaining about the tuition bill, how much they received during Covid and forgiven, 6 and 7 figures. How they complain while
raking in the $$$$$$$
Helping companies is fine...people...not so much.

I don't get the logic of "why should the taxes from the people benefit the people?" It'd be different if we didn't bail out companies and forgive loans people that own those companies take out.

If they get it, so should we.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Helping companies is fine...people...not so much.

I don't get the logic of "why should the taxes from the people benefit the people?" It'd be different if we didn't bail out companies and forgive loans people that own those companies take out.

If they get it, so should we.
I'm guessing because employers create jobs.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
looks like the Ca thermostat thinking is moving East !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
looks like the Ca thermostat thinking is moving East !

Guess it's time to make sure my ecobee can't reach the internet.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The Commonwealth of Pa has become a battleground for some strange mid-term politics this year. This nut job might just be the strangest of them all .........

and in the Senate race we have 'Uncle Fester' (Fetterman) and the 'Wizard' (Oz)

Lord help us .............

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis