What's up with Klipsch?

C

Crazyaboutaudio

Audiophyte
Does anyone know what's up with Klipsch these days? There was a press release put out about a line of products their launching with Resonado Labs, whom I never heard of. An investor friend told me that Resonado Labs fired half it's staff recently including the CEO, so I'd love to hear what's really going on before I waste money. I've been through a few Klipsch soundbars over the years and have always loved their stuff. Does anyone know what's really going on out there?

Last edited:
witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Does anyone know what's up with Klipsch these days? There was a press release put out about a line of products their launching with Resonado Labs, whom I never heard of. An investor friend told me that Resonado Labs fired half it's staff recently, so I'd love to hear what's really going on before I waste money. I've been through a few Klipsch soundbars over the years and have always loved their stuff. Does anyone know what's really going on out there?
Can you post a link to the press release?

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I am just speculating but I think Klipsch did a licensing deal where Resonado licensed their patented driver to Klipsch and in return will get a % of sales. It is a LOT easier to partner with a known brand than to carve out a new marketshare. However great their tech is they still have to educate people first on their brand and then on their tech. If the product sales go well Klipsch will probably acquire them. If it doesn't go well the license expires and both go their separate ways.

Mr Tape

Mr Tape

Enthusiast
The flat speaker technology isn't new - my ancient Visio TV has them and I've seen them used widely in confined spaces. Maybe they have more high tech marketeers than all the other flat speaker manufacturers.

C

Crazyaboutaudio

Audiophyte
The flat speaker technology isn't new - my ancient Visio TV has them and I've seen them used widely in confined spaces. Maybe they have more high tech marketeers than all the other flat speaker manufacturers.
Thanks. This doesn't sound like a good plan for Klipsch, but I guess we'll see what they launch.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Written version of the pr https://www.klipsch.com/news/strategic-partnership-with-resonado-labs seems a very recent thing so might be a while to something solid....
Further along than I thought. The motor system is clever. Here is an article in AudioXpress. Arranged vertically the driver would have good horizontal dispersion and limit vertical dispersion. Used in a sound bar, it would be the opposite.

It looks as if it could have real potential as a wide band midrange driver. This FR is a lot more promising than most.

That is a good FR across the speech discrimination band.

C

Crazyaboutaudio

Audiophyte
B&H had a product up called Klipsch Cinema One but they have pulled it down. I guess it was supposed to launch in the fall but they have problems with it. It's been pulled down, but you can Google it and find the previous link.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis