In other news (oh gawd!)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Football coach was probably "testing the waters." He lives in FL now lol. I liked the part about he'd been doing this for a long time now. My first impression of him was he's "too nice."
I wonder if this case would have ever reached the Supreme Court if he was a Black Muslim, and what the court would have decided then.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
good for him :cool:
From the link above.....

A brief timeline:
  • 2008: Kennedy becomes a coach and soon begins saying prayers at the end of games.
  • September 2015: An opposing coach informs the Bremerton High School principal that Kennedy asked his team to join in the prayer. The school district begins an inquiry, finding that over time the prayers began to include a majority of Kennedy’s team.
  • Sept. 11, 2015: The school’s athletic director tells Kennedy that he should not be conducting prayers with players. Kennedy conducts a prayer, anyway, and later posts on Facebook that he thought he might be fired.
  • Sept. 17, 2015: The school district’s superintendent tells Kennedy the prayers are likely to violate the establishment clause of the Constitution and could expose the district to legal liability. He says the proceedings must remain secular. Kennedy initially abides, giving a secular speech and returning to the field to pray after everyone had gone.
  • Oct. 14, 2015: An attorney Kennedy hired tells the school district that Kennedy will resume the prayers after an upcoming Oct. 16 game. The attorney asks the district to clarify that this is Kennedy’s private speech and that he be allowed to conduct this “private religious expression” alone. Kennedy begins doing media interviews publicizing his plans.
  • Oct. 16, 2015: Before the game, the district warns Kennedy against “any overt actions” that could “appea[r] to a reasonable observer to endorse … prayer … while he is on duty as a District-paid coach.” After the game, Kennedy conducts a brief prayer, at which he is joined by players from the opposing team and members of the community.
  • Oct. 23, 2015: The district sends Kennedy another letter objecting to the prayers and raising the prospect of his violating the establishment clause. After a game that day, Kennedy again prays at midfield, this time with nobody joining him.
  • Oct. 26, 2015: Kennedy prays on the field after another game, this time with some adults joining him.
  • Oct. 28, 2015: Kennedy is suspended. The district would later advise against his rehiring. He would not return as coach.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought a good summary in pictures...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought a good summary in pictures...
I decided on a Republican version of my words hehehe....

You can complain about the left not covering this....
While ignoring this....
Wait. Tucker, who???

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure I elaborated on it as much as I should have, but the president comparisons were pretty darn funny.:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Was watching a docu on the I-35W collapse in Mpls. Some of this stuff seems pretty obvious. Gusset plates are either cracking or bending. Inspector who looked at them said something along the lines of Well that's construction for ya.:confused: Plus it was not identified in the chain-of-command to who it should be reported. You have all this construction machinery in a particular spot, or umpteen gallon water tank on it. Add a couple inches of new covering and there's another million pounds. These "i" brackets are fine till one of them breaks and the whole damn thing comes tumbling down. You look at a bridge and go Wow that's a lot of bridge between pillars. I don't think bridge construction is that massive a concern if you stay on top of it, but a few of these incidents just seem dumb to me.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Republicans thank Pence for 'courage'...

This headline made me LOL. Pence is courageous for signing the Biden victory into law. Yet when it came to the rioters, Trump, or his '24 run, well where the hell has he been vocal about any of it.

It's a good political narrative, but a false one. :rolleyes:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

This headline made me LOL. Pence is courageous for signing the Biden victory into law. Yet when it came to the rioters, Trump, or his '24 run, well where the hell has he been vocal about any of it.

Pence is courageous even though he's just following the law LOL. Nowhere in these previous two years have Republicans visibly distanced themselves. Trump and his base have done all the dictating.

In a just world Pence wouldn't even be running because he associated himself with Trump as VP. Add in he's a theocrat who wants a national ban on abortion. :confused:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I wonder if this case would have ever reached the Supreme Court if he was a Black Muslim, and what the court would have decided then.

"If"? What drugs are you on?

Did you read the article? "On Wednesday, the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed to stay the planned execution to weigh Ray’s arguments, but the state of Alabama quickly appealed that decision to the Supreme Court, which overturned the Circuit Court."

Ray could have appealed his conviction/sentence to the Supreme Court, too.

highfigh

highfigh

Was watching a docu on the I-35W collapse in Mpls. Some of this stuff seems pretty obvious. Gusset plates are either cracking or bending. Inspector who looked at them said something along the lines of Well that's construction for ya.:confused: Plus it was not identified in the chain-of-command to who it should be reported. You have all this construction machinery in a particular spot, or umpteen gallon water tank on it. Add a couple inches of new covering and there's another million pounds. These "i" brackets are fine till one of them breaks and the whole damn thing comes tumbling down. You look at a bridge and go Wow that's a lot of bridge between pillars. I don't think bridge construction is that massive a concern if you stay on top of it, but a few of these incidents just seem dumb to me.
I don't know about the inspection practices in MN, but in Wisconsin, they're absolutely lax. I have seen info after studies that showed ~70% of the state's bridges are in bad condition- one in MKE was replaced after they closed it because X-Ray showed that some of its critical members had lost 75% of their cross-sectional area. The climate doesn't help, nor does the amount of traffic, especially if large, heavy 18 wheelers, dump truck and cement mixers are regular users. Metal fatigue is a real problem and if MN uses road salt in Winter, that ages bridges much faster than usual.

Whoever the inspector was that said "That's construction for ya" isn't on the hook for the collapse. If he had been, a long trail of large bricks would have been left behind him, wherever he walked.

highfigh

highfigh

He is/was in the mean streets of Pewaukee, WI to campaign for one of the gubernatorial candidates. So mean that a child could walk on miles of streets & sidewalks covered in gold jewelry without being accosted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis