Has gene ever used wire world cables?

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Really your being very unfair, WBF or AS don't suffer fools easily, there run by professionals for professionals, But everyone gets a far go. Sure there a bit picky, but if you have a genuine grievance, or a point to make, with a manufacturer they will hear you out and allow the thread to run it's course. There was a case a while ago about some damaged speakers. Audiogon deleted the thread, Simple because the offending person concerned was a contributor to Audiogon. Both WBF and AS allowed it to run. So really it's how you approach it, Go in gun's blazing, and your not going to get anywhere. I've been a member of both WBF and AS for some years and never had a problem.
That's the point you won't have a problem until you do. I was with AG for 15 years before I posted or logged back on. I watched that place go from OK to just BAD. The few posters they have NOW are tough to deal with. They actually ban by association. The bigger issue is you can request your name to be stricken from their site "VISUAL" and they will BAN you for the request.

Watch! Very few of the great posters are still there.. There are a few I'd like to flip the off and on switch for about 6 months.. LOL They have some real political issues over there. Nothing but arguing and nothing to do with music AT ALL. I like to kid about things. Usually just to break the tension a bit. I use to pride myself being a gentleman. That place was a challenge for me right to the core of my beliefs. The constant attacks by some members. They didn't have a moderator, they needed a referee with some stones.

I thought it was menopausal and would pass. It's worse than it was a year ago.. It's one of those "I hate men" things (I'm afraid), from now on.. Wrong person for the job in any case. God I sure hope the site owner doesn't know. What the heck would that make him/her/it. Super Stupid with no nuts I suspect.

WBF is the same way. They have more moderators than any place I've ever seen.. They are funny too. Rich kids with no limits it seems. I think they might be ok, but when one of them said "I've been out of work for years" and then "I've never talked about my work on this site. I had to laugh.. NO KIDDING!

MY old WORK won't leave me alone and I've been retired for 5 years. I was getting chemo and radiation all the while taking phone calls to repair equipment.. LOL Kept my mind off thing for a while anyways..

I actually like it here to tell the truth. I'm not being messed with and I have an ignore button. Amazing TECH AG has a moderator that has deleted all the libraries of congress, without regard for the majority of it's content. Book burning did less damage to the Tech world than the ONE AG Mod did. Horribly bigoted over there.

Regards

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I must be the odd ball being the only member that prefers a chocolatey cable. I find that the spicy cables sound a bit bright for my taste.
Have you tried garlic on them?

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
That's the point you won't have a problem until you do. I was with AG for 15 years before I posted or logged back on. I watched that place go from OK to just plain BAD
I tend to agree with you , up to a point. While I have never had a problem, I also never look for confrontation. And I think you will agree if you sort out the would be's from the could be's, There is never going to be a problem. But if your going to criticize other peoples purchases, Then you have to expect some sort of reaction.

On the other hand Audiogon is a completely different story, There one and only moderator is a pig plain and simply. And is completely out of control, and this carries a price, Many people have switched to Audio Mart, in there respective country. For good buying results, without the hassles of paying the price of dealer advertising, And this is the main fault of Audiogon, There main advertisers more or less run the show, and private buyers have to comply with there sh*t

highfigh

highfigh

So you don't think a phono stage with silver/teflon wiring, tube rectified and NEW, transformers and valves, comes out of the box ready to go? Talk to me in 1000 hours. The same goes for a rewired tonearm, repaired cart or ANY part of a phono stage. It has such a LOW current it takes forever with certain combinations. Silver clad with rhodium terminal ends is a great example. 500 hours is not uncommon. OFC copper 50 hours or less. About the time it takes to break-in a new stylus. Most CHEAPLY wired tonearms that were and ARE wired with OFC YOU wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

WHY? You chose to believe that better gear and cables don't make a difference in reference sound quality, I simply beg to differ after years of listening to many different TT setups..

BTW the ROOM is still 50% of the sound. I'd start there first, before telling ME about the finer points of TT excellence and the absolute necessity of great cables that are properly made and prepared.

I'll chalk it up to impatience and youth, that is a complement by the way..:) I wish I didn't know that, it would make me 40 years younger.. BIGGER smile.

Some thing you need to learn and just listen to someone else about. There is more than TWO side to every story believe it or not.. I'd also recommend reading NEWER EE publications, 2013 and newer. You might be surprised what they talk about and have proven. Yet you haven't read their publication (9 years old NOW) and apparently know little about. OR worse yet you believed the OTHER BS.. Cables don't matter..

Funniest thing I've EVER heard..

They matter all right, they just DON'T have to cost a fortune.. Quit being LAZY, do the research.

Where is rodman99999 wonderful teacher IF you pay attention..

Go to a wire production plant, I have a few times, pay attention to HOW they spool the wire/cable..
How they make sure the wire (you better hope they do) is pulled off the spool and strung in the same direction. THEN encased.. Look at most Romex cable it is protruded through the dies in the same direction then encased.. They ain't stupid, they (Romex) even pay attention and learn or at least discern the difference..

49 years retired HD master mechanic. Hydraulics anyone.. Stereo stuff is pretty easy if you pay attention.
Hydraulics, it's WET so to speak. :)

Be well and remember ugly cables are just like anything ugly. They just ARE. I like pretty girls myself.
I have been in the audio business for close to 50 years- there's far more BS than fact.

And that would be 'extruded', not 'protruded'.

We're not dealing with Hydraulics here, BTW.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
I have been in the audio business for close to 50 years- there's far more BS than fact.
Me Too :(

I could not agree more, The saying "A fool and his money are easily parted" is true, But the thing is no one is forced to buy, and yet despite the crazy prices the order books are full. And yes I do have a high end system, but like second hand cars, Deprecation is a wonderful thing, if your in the right place at the right time. Of cause any importing is a complete no no at the moment with the Aussie dollar so low and only worth 72 cents in the USA. What with high freight charges and GST tax payments, things just about double in price.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
The biggest issue on BOTH sites was I released them. I addressed the staff in private and raised my concerns about certain things. I had quit posting on AG in 2021. I really got tired of the piling on to members and ZERO being done about it. It was actually encouraged. "I like a lively debate" was One of the one liners the MOD blathered.

I asked HER a least 5 times to the point of "HAY STUPID"! Are you gonna answer or not"? I kept hearing from OHM2cuz, GK, MC, diepiolet, and a LOT of buddies. "They keep erasing all the negative feedback on ANYONE who post proof of some shifty dealer over and over." It was downright dishonest. I'm many things, and a horrible thief is one of them.. I WAS using their site and recommending it to others. THAT STOPPED. They were black listed, straight up..

AFTER I finally got it through AGs heads QUIT charging my CC for your worthless membership that's when my membership expired (I guess) they put the word BANNED by my name. I laughed my ass off. I put DISHONEST next to theirs on ALL my bank notes.

It's spirited enough here with a TAD of snark.. Just right for the times I say.. I'm feeling my way around the site.

Last edited:
O

OHMisback

Audioholic

And that would be 'extruded', not 'protruded'.

We're not dealing with Hydraulics here, BTW.
Good then you're still learning right? You haven't outgrown that have you? I'm just asking if you keep up with the EE side of thing, being that your excluding a lot of it in YOUR personal views. The process of making anything is important.. At least to me. That WAS one of my jobs. Find the issue and repair it before it becomes a problem.

I appreciate your correction, at least you pay some attention even if it has nothing to do with the intent. Typing skills are not one of my talents. BUT it does keep my hands a little nimbler (?)

That would be:

BTW "We're not dealing with Hydraulics here". Funny sure sounds ALL wet. BUT you are right BS is everywhere.
I water cool one set of amps if you would like to learn how.. YES hydraulics has it's place in music.. I also use an air/hydraulic vibrational dampener on my bass bins. 300 + lbs each.. I could share that too IF you want to remove waves from your neighbors pool.. It was getting on my tomato plants (the pool water).

Again leaving out a very important part of music. Vibration Control.. Refer below please.

50 years of doing 1 year at a time is 50, ONE year experiences, not 50 years of experience.. There is a difference you know.. no smile or anything cool. Just a straight stone face here.. Serious.

All cable sound the same. :) Now that's funny. 1890s publications right?

Can we post pic here? I have a rabbit I brought back from overseas, just out of of quarantine. He is a GIANT. Great pair of ears for listening too. :)

highfigh

highfigh

Your liver will thank you!
But research has shown that some older people with Diabetes and some other conditions may be at risk of cardiac problems.

Liver, schmiver- it's one of the only organs that can rejuvenate itself.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
But research has shown that some older people with Diabetes and some other conditions may be at risk of cardiac problems.

Liver, schmiver- it's one of the only organs that can rejuvenate itself.
There is limit to that rejuvenation…

highfigh

highfigh

Good then you're still learning right? You haven't outgrown that have you? I'm just asking if you keep up with the EE side of thing, being that your excluding a lot of it in YOUR personal views. The process of making anything is important.. At least to me. That WAS one of my jobs. Find the issue and repair it before it becomes a problem.

I appreciate your correction, at least you pay some attention even if it has nothing to do with the intent. Typing skills are not one of my talents. BUT it does keep my hands a little nimbler (?)

That would be:

BTW "We're not dealing with Hydraulics here". Funny sure sounds ALL wet. BUT you are right BS is everywhere.
I water cool one set of amps if you would like to learn how.. YES hydraulics has it's place in music.. I also use an air/hydraulic vibrational dampener on my bass bins. 300 + lbs each.. I could share that too IF you want to remove waves from your neighbors pool.. It was getting on my tomato plants (the pool water).

Again leaving out a very important part of music. Vibration Control.. Refer below please.

50 years of doing 1 year at a time is 50, ONE year experiences, not 50 years of experience.. There is a difference you know.. no smile or anything cool. Just a straight stone face here.. Serious.

All cable sound the same. :) Now that's funny. 1890s publications right?

Can we post pic here? I have a rabbit I brought back from overseas, just out of of quarantine. He is a GIANT. Great pair of ears for listening too. :)
I am still learning but at some point, especially with older people and those who have spent a lot of time in loud, noisy environments, it's time to accept the fact that we can't hear as well as we want to think we can.

Never said it all sounds the same, but please explain the 'huge improvements' that can't be measured. Ever hear someone say "It was like lifting a veil"? I know people who say that and most of them couldn't hear the difference if they tried. One just explains everything by saying "It's experiential" when someone says it's BS. That's a non-questioning way of saying something, rather than giving someone the side eye and asking "Oh, you can't hear that?" when they want to make the other person feel puny.

highfigh

highfigh

There is limit to that rejuvenation…
"I used to think my brain was the smartest organ in my body, but then I thought about what was telling me that"- Steven Wright

highfigh

highfigh

If I remember, hydraulics is fluids under pressure- cooling your amps would be Thermodynamics.

If you suspend your bins and hang a pendulum from the bottom, you could dampen certain frequencies if the pendulum was controlled and a sensor could detect the frequencies, then change the pendulum's period by moving the weight.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Never said it all sounds the same, but please explain the 'huge improvements' that can't be measured. Ever hear someone say "It was like lifting a veil"?
I've heard every far fetched story in the world from the worlds best BSers (is that a word?). Fixing broke STUFF other people broke.

I've also read some pretty solid evidence that everything CAN matter.

The "VEIL" was lifted because they rested their ears or haven't taken anti-inflammatories for a few days. LOL
If cables were that bad to begin with, I'd have questioned if they were plugged in all the way. Really I would.

I find it amazing that because people don't or haven't done something they assume things stay the same.
The only thing for sure in this life is CHANGE..

Cables have gotten less expensive for a lot better product.. Pretty simple really..

Huge improvements? I got to think on that. Some happy happy thinking, I'm thinkin'.
They fooled themselves, that's all, buyers justification I guess. DUMMIES is another word.

We're definitely on the same page though. I don't buy $$$ fuses either.. I have OTHER options. LOL

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis