Facebook score Hale Revelation 3 !!

R

RH Clark

Enthusiast
Just bought a nice pair of Hale Revelation 3 speakers for $100 locally. Got them hooked up and I'm impressed so far with cheap speaker cables. Compared to my Meadowlark Heron speakers they seem to need more power (not as loud) but it could be the speaker wires. Symbols seem cleaner, highs seem punchier if that's understandable. Anyway, so far I'm thrilled, even though it was a 3 hour round trip to pick them up.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just bought a nice pair of Hale Revelation 3....
I assume you mean Hales Revelation? and for $100 it's a steal. Measurements look very good, especially for spice you stole them for:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice score.

Speaker wires are not affecting your sound. Speaker sensitivity and impedance curve affect how much power they need to achieve a certain level of sound. @87dB sensitivity, they are not exactly low, maybe a little lower than average and possibly lower than what you may have had before. That SR link does indicate they drop below 4 Ohms, so they seem like they will like a bit more power.

R

RH Clark

Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I am really blown away by how good these are. I just had to share this with someone who would understand how excited I am about what a deal I got.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sweet, but we need to talk about how speaker cables work....

R

RH Clark

Enthusiast
Sweet, but we need to talk about how speaker cables work....
There's lots of things I need to learn. I've always loved to hear someone's high end stereo, but I never could afford the really good stuff. A few years ago, a good friend helped me buy my first Audiophile system with the Meadowlark Speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's lots of things I need to learn. I've always loved to hear someone's high end stereo, but I never could afford the really good stuff. A few years ago, a good friend helped me buy my first Audiophile system with the Meadowlark Speakers.
Try this site, covers the subject well http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

Audiophile is a person seeking good audio essentally, a much abused term especially when describing the hardware. You seem to be sensible about bikes IIRC, audio can be quite practical as well....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis