Robb elementary shooting in TX

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
if there were no guns then these nuts would do like Timothy McVeigh did. On April 19, 1995, just after 9 a.m., a massive truck bomb exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. The blast collapsed the north face of the nine-story building, instantly killing more than 100 people and trapping dozens more in the rubble. Emergency crews raced to Oklahoma City from across the country, and when the rescue effort finally ended two weeks later, the death toll stood at 168 people, including 19 young children who were in the building’s day-care center at the time of the blast. Just a diesel-fuel-fertilizer bomb where you can buy the stuff pretty much at any hardware type store and gas station. There is always a second choice for nuts that want to harm someone. Thats why overseas we always read about bombs in cars, trucks, in buildings killing people.
Who mentioned a bomb? When you are wrong you obfuscate.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
It was on the news tonight [ ABC Australia ] That A Mr Trump, will be addressing the NRA conference . Reports say he will be leading the gun lobby into there promised land . What you might call a nut leading a long line of nutters, Pity there's not a cliff handy they can all jump off.

I was also informed that the rate of gun ownership is the same as the total population of your country.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Not sure of course, where the numbers came from for the source or what was included. I doubt those clandestine events would be included though.
Apparently, he didn't have the plates in place, just the vest that had straps for the magazines, etc.

I am just seeing on the news that he was chatting with a 15-year-old in Germany, sent her pictures of himself, etc.
In that case, whoever reported that he was wearing body armor needs to learn the difference between a tactical vest and armor. The reporting of these events make some people twitchy and this guy may have been agitated to the point of action by the Buffalo shootings.

A former FBI agent has said red lights should have been flashing.

This has comments from his grandfather- sounds like discipline was lacking at home.

highfigh

highfigh

Oh, but you forget the reasoning- if they can join the military at 18, why not guns and alcohol.
A PO'd kid buying a gun and hiding it in his grandparents' house is NOT the same as someone joining the military. His grandfather said he had a criminal record and couldn't be around guns and in the military, they're trained extensively and disciplined. Are you saying that all 18 year olds can handle those responsibilities? Sure- let's let 18 year olds get things that can kill themselves or others. What's the worst that could happen?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Who mentioned a bomb? When you are wrong you obfuscate.
If we had NO GUNS, these nuts would use something else. It was a real example. Read again and stop trying to bring more into a conversation. If this govt can't get its act together and get some type of gun control these killings will continue.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The root cause of all this carnage, is the American Constitution. The American Constitution is a 223 year old fossil. It is long passed time for another constitutional conference. The document needs to be a body of law that can evolve with the times.

No private citizen should own or posses a gun. Possessing a gun or ammo should get you a life sentence. The second amendment is an absolute abomination.
a little older than 223 years but regardless I see your point(to a degree). I doubt the 2A looked past the weapons of its time and envisioned what we are talking about here.

As for your second paragraph, nonsense. You talk as if you're some Redcoat coming after a Jacobite !

highfigh

highfigh

a little older than 223 years but regardless I see your point(to a degree). I doubt the 2A looked past the weapons of its time and envisioned what we are talking about here.

As for your second paragraph, nonsense. You talk as if you're some Redcoat coming after a Jacobite !
The inventor of the Gattling gun designed it to be a weapon so terrible that no military would use it. People don't look far enough into the future when it matters.

highfigh

highfigh

I don't think this problem is going to end without some liberties being restricted- convicted criminals already lose certain rights and possession/ownership of guns is one that's supposed to be taken, but too many violate this without receiving much of a penalty.

Violent criminals- they need to serve their time, cash bail needs to be eliminated for them and warrants need to be granted to allow searching their homes, place of work, cars, find out if they have one or more storage units and make sure someone isn't hiding weapons for them.

People who were arrested for drugs and found with guns- same.

Domestic violence offenders- if it's physical violence, same. DV can be charged for something as simple as slamming a door during an argument, so the situation needs to be investigated.

ANYONE who has been arrested for a crime where weapons were involved- same.

I also think that repeated warrants and searches will be necessary because people can't bring themselves to stop doing bad things- recidivism is high.

Along with these penalties MUST come mental health screening and treatment.

highfigh

highfigh

The root cause of all this carnage, is the American Constitution. The American Constitution is a 223 year old fossil. It is long passed time for another constitutional conference. The document needs to be a body of law that can evolve with the times.

No private citizen should own or posses a gun. Possessing a gun or ammo should get you a life sentence. The second amendment is an absolute abomination.
People don't serve a life sentence for murder now- too many lawyers getting them off due to technicalities and time served and lenient judges letting them go without serving their sentence.

jinjuku

jinjuku

if there were no guns then these nuts would do like Timothy McVeigh did.
I declare shenanigans, goal post moving, and overall bad faith argument. There is no data supporting this. But I would be willing to greatly restrict gun ownership as an experiment to see if what you are suggesting holds true.

I'll take my chances.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I declare shenanigans, goal post moving, and overall bad faith argument. There is no data supporting this. But I would be willing to greatly restrict gun ownership as an experiment to see if what you are suggesting holds true.

I'll take my chances.
shenanigans, LOL, there is no shenanigans, step outside your box and think about what if. Too many crimes, murders happen all over the world. In this country as you noted, our court system lets murders have it easy. You kill someone, you might go to prison for life, while waiting on the reduced sentence for good behavior. Lawyers get rich and the families that lost children suffer forever.
There really needs to be some type of gun restrictions on the guns, the types, the ages, the background and while they are at it, stronger fines and prison terms if someone breaks the law, if they live .

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
F....Lawyers

""
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.The mass shooting at a Texas elementary school invaded the penalty trial of Florida’s campus killer Wednesday as lawyers argued over whether potential jurors should be questioned directly about the nation’s latest gun tragedy and a victim’s father was brought nearly to tears.

Attorneys for Parkland, Florida, killer Nikolas Cruz clashed with his prosecutors, saying they should be allowed to ask potential jurors directly about their knowledge and feelings about the Uvalde, Texas, shootings that left 19 students and two teachers dead on Tuesday. The 18-year-old shooter also died.""

Freaking lawyers playing their game.

highfigh

highfigh

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer. His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him,” Obama tweeted.

That's right, Zippy- these two events are similar.........what an ass.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

shenanigans, LOL, there is no shenanigans, step outside your box and think about what if. Too many crimes, murders happen all over the world. In this country as you noted, our court system lets murders have it easy. You kill someone, you might go to prison for life, while waiting on the reduced sentence for good behavior. Lawyers get rich and the families that lost children suffer forever.
There really needs to be some type of gun restrictions on the guns, the types, the ages, the background and while they are at it, stronger fines and prison terms if someone breaks the law, if they live .
We are both talking about 'what if' scenarios. All I'm stating is that if I even take your theory at full value, I'll take my chances on it not proving true.

I think not freaking selling a weapon that can discharge 120 rounds in the matter of a few minutes will prove to be more effective in the long term.

There is no reasonable need for this type of armament for the gen-pub. Period.

highfigh

highfigh

F....Lawyers

""
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.The mass shooting at a Texas elementary school invaded the penalty trial of Florida’s campus killer Wednesday as lawyers argued over whether potential jurors should be questioned directly about the nation’s latest gun tragedy and a victim’s father was brought nearly to tears.

Attorneys for Parkland, Florida, killer Nikolas Cruz clashed with his prosecutors, saying they should be allowed to ask potential jurors directly about their knowledge and feelings about the Uvalde, Texas, shootings that left 19 students and two teachers dead on Tuesday. The 18-year-old shooter also died.""

Freaking lawyers playing their game.
I have read that if the accused is allowed to poll the potential jurors, they have less chance of being allowed a retrial because they were actually allowed to face their accusers AND decide if the jurors are their real peers. OTOH, I think it would serve to humanize the accused in the minds of the jurors, which could make a conviction more difficult for those who might sympathize with them.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
We are both talking about 'what if' scenarios. All I'm stating is that if I even take your theory at full value, I'll take my chances on it not proving true.

I think not freaking selling a weapon that can discharge 120 rounds in the matter of a few minutes will prove to be more effective in the long term.

""

"" There is no reasonable need for this type of armament for the gen-pub. Period."", agree. These weapons were invented for one purpose only, war .

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ever see the data WRT homicides/100K? The US isn't even in the top ten.

I'm not sure what correlation you are trying to draw down but let's take a look @ what you provided:

Japan: Other than the police and the military, no one in Japan may purchase a handgun or a rifle

Indonesia: In Indonesia, gun licenses are only issued to civilians employed in a profession that involves using firearms, such as in the military and law enforcement

China: Gun ownership in the People's Republic of China (PRC) is regulated by law. Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess guns. Civilian ownership of guns is largely restricted to authorized, non-individual entities

Italy: In Italy, national police issue gun licenses to those over the age of 18 without criminal records, who are not mentally ill or known to use illicit substances, and who can prove competence with firearm safety.

Germany: Gun ownership in Germany is restrictive, being regulated by the Federal Weapons Act (German: Waffengesetz) of 1972.[345] The laws apply to weapons with a fire energy exceeding 7.5 J. A firearms license may be granted to those over the age of 18 who have no criminal convictions or mental disability, who are deemed reliable and can justify a reason for owning a firearm.

United Kingdom:The UK increased firearm regulation through several Firearms Acts,[384] leading to an outright ban on automatic firearms and many semi-automatic firearms. Breech-loading handguns are also tightly controlled

France:
In France, a hunting license or a sport-shooting license is needed to purchase any smokeless powder firearm. In September 2015, firearms were divided into four categories that determine the regulations that apply to their possession and use.[344] Category D arms include black powder firearms designed before 1900 and compressed air arms developing between 2 and 20 joules, they can be purchased by any citizen over the age of 18. Category C firearms can be obtained with a hunting license, or sport-shooting license with a medical certificate. Category C includes mainly single-shot-per-barrel shotguns and single-shot or manual repeating rifles (including centre-fire rifles, for hunting or target shooting). Once legally purchased these category C arms may be kept, without using them, even when no longer licensed for hunting or sport-shooting.

Category B firearms are only available to sport-shooters licensed for at least 6 months, with a medical certificate, without any felony convictions, and additionally requires at least three shooting sessions with an instructor each separated by 2 months. Specific authorisations for purchase and possession may then be sought from a local police administration, are valid for 5 years, and are renewable. Such weapons may then only be used for sport-shooting at shooting ranges, never for hunting. Category B includes all assault type rifles, such as AK-47/AKM, AK-74 or AR-15/M16/M4, and any look-alike weapons even when chambered for rimfire cartridges (.22 LR). These must be semi-automatic only. All handguns, including those using rimfire ammunition, are classed as category B. It is illegal to possess these category B weapons after expiry of a non-renewed specific authorisation: the arms must be disposed of (sold to a gun shop or else destroyed, for example). Authorisations can also be revoked at any time by any of the parties involved in the authorisations delivery (Government, Prefecture, Police).

Vietnam: Firearms in Vietnam are restricted to the military and law enforcement agencies, with possession of firearms prohibited to civilians

Should I continue?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

As I stated before, I agree but as I also stated before and Chris has reiterated, our judicial system is F'd up !!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis