KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got this cart for 22$(was $35) Looks expensive, so wanted to try it out. Easy to return.
BIG picture. Hope it makes you happy. I might have saved up a little more for a more well-known brand name.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My mom loved music and belonged to a tape club. I used to like *gulp* Neil Diamond, the Bee Gees and Juice Newton too... well, til I discovered AC/DC at about ten years old. It was game over after that. I've been a metalhead ever since. It's kind of a funny story. My mom could choose a few tapes every month and had a couple left over one time so she let my sister and I pick a couple. I chose "Highway To Hell" because it had Hell in the title and I felt like I got away with a naughty, lol.

My second choice was Kiss: Destroyer. I listened to that one first because they were way more famous so of course that meant they had to be better... well, even as a kid I thought Kiss sucked, lol. AC/DC however, just blew me away. I'd never heard anything so heavy before! I've loved crunchy guitar and heavy metal ever since.
I remember doing a similar transition as you at the age of 8. Grew up listening to classical, big band, German marching tunes, (one was actually playing on Raiders of The Lost Arc and I was humming along to it) when I heard Communications Breakdown by Zeppelin and the rest is history.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
BIG picture. Hope it makes you happy. I might have saved up a little more for a more well-known brand name.
So cheap and probably comparable to the AT3600. Bought for the looks. Kinda looks like this, which I can't afford. If you squint it's very similar. ;) :cool:
yb11_ortofon2m1.jpg

_20220509_181530.JPG

31c5dITaW7L.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
So cheap and probably comparable to the AT3600. Bought for the looks. Kinda looks like this, which I can't afford. If you squint it's very similar. ;) :cool:
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I bought a 2013 Ford Fusion for the looks. And if you squint the front grill looks very similar to an Aston Martin DB-7...which I certainly CANNOT afford.
:)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cart looks great and expensive in person. Need to order some headshells now...
IMG_20220512_144604.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I'm happy with my purchase!
IMG_20220512_203956.jpg

For the price I really like it. It's bright but not overly so. Yes It's better than the AT3600, which is a good starter cartridge. Sounds clean and no noise. Bass is really good and not over done. Of course with more hours it will be better, but I'm happy so far. Tracks at 2.5-3. It's a beauty in person. :cool:
IMG_20220512_205649.jpg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I remember doing a similar transition as you at the age of 8. Grew up listening to classical, big band, German marching tunes, (one was actually playing on Raiders of The Lost Arc and I was humming along to it) when I heard Communications Breakdown by Zeppelin and the rest is history.
I inherited my love for classical music from my mom. As a Newfoundlander, Celtic/folk music was in my blood as well. But, as I grew older, my tastes expanded. Prog Rock, metal, blues, classic rock, Motown, etc - love it all. Then there's jazz, big band, latin, world - it gets pretty eclectic. I also like some country, although most of the artists I like are long dead. I'd like to say that I enjoy rap/hip-hop, but I can't. I just don't get it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I inherited my love for classical music from my mom. As a Newfoundlander, Celtic/folk music was in my blood as well. But, as I grew older, my tastes expanded. Prog Rock, metal, blues, classic rock, Motown, etc - love it all. Then there's jazz, big band, latin, world - it gets pretty eclectic. I also like some country, although most of the artists I like are long dead. I'd like to say that I enjoy rap/hip-hop, but I can't. I just don't get it.
I like Eminem in small doses but that's as far as I can go in that direction. I'm with you. I dont get hip hop and rap either for the most part. I'm also not a huge fan of country music but this album is well worth getting. He blurs bluegrass and country together without that wangy twang steel guitar, an instrument I absolutely loath hearing.
Its the CD to the right. Jason Isbell.

IMG_6673.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Coming in Nov for the 40th birthday
Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab $100 who is getting one?
MoFi_UD1S_Michael_Jackson_Thriller_33_Render_Box_Cover_c6c4410b-4597-4057-834f-f9a0dd26e185_800x.jpg

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
One of my best friends gave me this compilation of four LP's on long term loan (He doesn't have a TT). It was his father's, who passed away a few years ago, so he won't part with it permanently. They're all in fantastic shape and sound great. Love Louis's music.
20220518_210010A.jpg
20220518_210056A.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A package came right now! Been kinda down lately, so this is a nice surprise.☮
IMG_20220531_212423.jpg

IMG_20220531_212437.jpg

IMG_20220531_212453.jpg

IMG_20220531_212641.jpg

Excited to listen to the vinyl, CD and watch the Atmos Concert Bluray! Anyone get it at the sale price?

IMG_20220531_212534.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had gifted my former boos a pair of KEF Ventura 6 outdoor speakers when he retired in early February this year. He asked me to travel 35 miles north to his house yesterday to hear them, now that he's got them installed (replacing 20+ year-old Yamaha 5" speakers.) While there, he gifted me his old Acoustic Research XB turntable.

The XB hadn't been run is "about 20 years", though I suspect less than that. I got it home, and today I cleaned it up and got it running. It came with an Audio Technica AT105 cartridge, nothing great but functional. The plan is to have my son build a nice wood base, refinish the top plate, get the cueing lift working better, and perhaps change out the tonearm wand with one that can take SME-type bayonet mount headshells.

Cartridge_AT-105.jpgOuter_overall.jpgTool_Kit.jpgTop_Felt_off.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Anyone try this AT MC cart? Haven't been able to get the Denon 103 yet. Think it's comparable to it?
Audio-Technica AT-OC9XEB Dual Moving Coil Cartridge with Bonded Elliptical Stylus https://a.co/d/8LiU6Qf

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Jose, continue to save your $$ for the '103', there is a reason it's the longest continuously produced piece of stereo equipment going !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis