P

Push

Audioholic
If you ever find yourself in Saskatoon, SK give Vinyl Diner a try. The two Darrens are among the most helpful retail guys I've ever met. Knowledgable, great selection of new/used vinyl, reasonable prices and just plain friendly. I doubt I'll be going many other places anymore for my vinyl.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some used and new vinyl coming. Yes I have diverse taste. ;) o_O:cool: Abba(used), Tool(My first by them. New and sent by Pogre, just kidding. :p) and Kasey Musgrave(used).
_20220429_112817.JPG

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Iam thinking if @Pogre had that abba lp lol he was using it under a subwoofer to level it up to the floor
If @Pogre has started listening to Abba, I suppose the rapture is near or hell's getting ready to freeze over.
He has wide ranging tastes, but, everyone has their limits

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If @Pogre has started listening to Abba, I suppose the rapture is near or hell's getting ready to freeze over.
Well pack up your gear and grab your Bible because I have an Abba cd and listened to it not that long ago! :eek: :p

One of my earliest memories of loving music outside of my usual Disney fare was my mom's Abba tape played on her stereo system. I used to, and I guess I still do love Take A Chance On Me and Dancing Queen... I would totally listen to an Abba lp.

I'm gonna go put on some Tool now... scratch that. I might need some Slipknot, Slayer or Sepultura after that admission...

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Well pack up your gear and grab your Bible because I have an Abba cd and listened to it not that long ago! :eek: :p

One of my earliest memories of loving music outside of my usual Disney fare was my mom's Abba tape played on her stereo system. I used to, and I guess I still do love Take A Chance On Me and Dancing Queen... I would totally listen to an Abba lp.

I'm gonna go put on some Tool now... scratch that. I might need some Slipknot, Slayer or Sepultura after that admission...
Well, if it comes from your mom's influence then its no harm, no foul. My earliest recollections of music come from listening along with my mom's records at home back in the day. I cherish those memories and have even gone out and bought some of those old crooners records just so I have can that memory for real occasionaly.
If ABBA comes from your mom, that's a wonderful insight to learn.

Now go crank up some Tool

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, if it comes from your mom's influence then its no harm, no foul. My earliest recollections of music come from listening along with my mom's records at home back in the day. I cherish those memories and have even gone out and bought some of those old crooners records just so I have can that memory for real occasionaly.
If ABBA comes from your mom, that's a wonderful insight to learn.

Now go crank up some Tool
My mom loved music and belonged to a tape club. I used to like *gulp* Neil Diamond, the Bee Gees and Juice Newton too... well, til I discovered AC/DC at about ten years old. It was game over after that. I've been a metalhead ever since. It's kind of a funny story. My mom could choose a few tapes every month and had a couple left over one time so she let my sister and I pick a couple. I chose "Highway To Hell" because it had Hell in the title and I felt like I got away with a naughty, lol.

My second choice was Kiss: Destroyer. I listened to that one first because they were way more famous so of course that meant they had to be better... well, even as a kid I thought Kiss sucked, lol. AC/DC however, just blew me away. I'd never heard anything so heavy before! I've loved crunchy guitar and heavy metal ever since.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Mine are pretty wide too I seen Hell Freeze over in 94 with the Eagles now if pressed Iam sure I can find a few abba disc’s in my collection I wonder how they sound with the beefed up bass on the subwoofer thread ;-)

P

Push

Audioholic
20220428_212041.jpg

Just because you guys were talking about it, two of the first albums my mother bought me when she bought me my first record player as a Christmas gift.

P

Push

Audioholic
My mom loved music and belonged to a tape club. I used to like *gulp* Neil Diamond, the Bee Gees and Juice Newton too... well, til I discovered AC/DC at about ten years old. It was game over after that. I've been a metalhead ever since. It's kind of a funny story. My mom could choose a few tapes every month and had a couple left over one time so she let my sister and I pick a couple. I chose "Highway To Hell" because it had Hell in the title and I felt like I got away with a naughty, lol.
Its funny, your musical upbringing and mine sound virtually identical, with the exception of Neil Diamond. But isn't it odd what they consider "heavy metal" these days? Sounds nothing like what I grew up on (Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Def Lepard, Helix, etc etc)

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Its funny, your musical upbringing and mine sound virtually identical, with the exception of Neil Diamond. But isn't it odd what they consider "heavy metal" these days? Sounds nothing like what I grew up on (Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Def Lepard, Helix, etc etc)
I am feeling that Neil Diamond was getting less than love here as we waltz down memory lane. I didn’t get exposed to Neil from my mom but by a high school sweetheart. It was a case of listen to what she liked if I wanted the good graces. I learned pretty quick.
I still will drag out Hot August Nights occasionally. It still sounds brand new. Many records didn’t age too well. His stuff has done pretty good against Father Time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Neil Diamond's music I somewhat grew up with, had several of his records early on. Singing along with his stuff...Sweet Caroline and Holly Holy and Kentucky Woman (that a theme there? :) ). Later on I ended up doing quite a bit of work for him (logistics on tours), even got to sit down with him for a bit poolside one day when I made a personal expedited delivery for a birthday gift for his kid he'd had shipped over from europe. I forget now just what that special gift he'd had flown over was particularly...even tho the wait poolside was waiting for the kid to see the unwrapping so to speak....I was more than distracted by both the setting (offices were a converted motel with central pool in Hollywood) and the super nice superstar Neil was to sit and chat with; altho I'd done work for the organization for a while, first time I'd had a personal interaction with the man himself....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Hot August night still got hey for the time period a. Great recording .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hot August night still got hey for the time period a. Great recording .
I don't think I've got a copy of that any more, think my dad took the promo copy....great album. Might have to put that on the playlist, been a while.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I don't think I've got a copy of that any more, think my dad took the promo copy....great album. Might have to put that on the playlist, been a while.
Pretty sure I picked up the cd threw BMG way way back . It’s a really good album .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this cart for 22$(was $35) Looks expensive, so wanted to try it out. Easy to return.
_20220509_110717.JPG

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis