HECO 5.1 Speaker System Giveaway, $2,495 Value!

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
We Have a WINNER!

Erik Knapp from Ohio. He promises as soon as he's had a chance to listen he'll get back to us on his thoughts on the HECO Aurora speakers. I'm looking forward to hearing more about HECO, they're a brand that was news to me, but they turn out to be a venerable speaker manufacturer out of Germany.

To everyone else, more contests are coming soon! I have a feeling the next one is going to be good.

Congrats, Erik!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey! Thats not me!

:p :p

Congrats Erik! Let us know what you think!

K

Knappster

Audiophyte
Hey everyone, thanks for the Congrats! I told my buddy when I found out I won... "Hey, you know Audioholics?" He said, "I'm talking to one." This is a great hobby and appreciate all the cool and helpful people that have provided advice over the years. As soon as the Heco's arrive and I get some time with them, I'll post as much of a comprehensive write up as I can come up with. This system will be going in our main Family Room/TV area replacing a sound bar. (That will be a bit of an upgrade!) But, I also plan to demo them in my basement home theater space. So, I should be able to pass along my impressions of them with both budget friendly and higher end gear. Thanks, to Audioholics and Audio Advice!

-Erik

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
We got a report from the winner of the HECO Aurora 5.1 speaker system!
Our winner, Erik had a quick vacation before he got to spend quality time with his new system but he's back and seems to be enjoying the sound. He's shared a couple of pictures of the speakers in their new home.
White speakers are atypical these days, but the white design with woodgrain accents look incredible!

HECO-Winner.jpg

HECO-Winner-2.jpg

Happy listening, Erik!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
We got a report from the winner of the HECO Aurora 5.1 speaker system!
Our winner, Erik had a quick vacation before he got to spend quality time with his new system but he's back and seems to be enjoying the sound. He's shared a couple of pictures of the speakers in their new home.
White speakers are atypical these days, but the white design with woodgrain accents look incredible!

View attachment 55742

View attachment 55743

Happy listening, Erik!
I totally missed this post! How very cool of you Erik, to get back to us and share some pics! Congratulations! They look great!

K

Knappster

Audiophyte
Love you guys... LOL...Always trying to help get the best sound... I was off center in the pic, and the center is smack dab in the middle of the TV/entertainment center. It being set back a little bit was a choice for aesthetics and WAF. But these are the concessions we sometimes make. I make no such concessions in my dedicated HT space... :)

But anyway, a bit about these speakers. Honestly guys the fit and finish on these, as you can tell by these limited pics, is excellent. The white, as Wayde mentioned is stunning and really goes well in our small family room. I'd say that at this price point these are punching well above their weight.
I was able to pick up a a Denon X2400H from a buddy for a couple hundred bucks to pair with these, and it more than does the trick. In fact I will say that I was hugely impressed with these babies and they are very easy to drive. I have a less than ideal ability to place the surrounds in this room (ends up more like a rear surround than a standard by the book Dolby setup), but regardless of where I planted myself these created a nice cocoon of sound. I love movies and have cobbled together over many years (and some coin of the realm) big transformative sound in my dedicated theater room....Am I going to tell you these stack up against my dedicated space with all the work I have done to room and hardware? No , of course not. But for where they are (primary living room, with some movie watching and a lot of family TV, limited 2 channel.... Again, fantastic!
The opening few minutes of the new Dune movie, with the subtlety of Fremen robes fluttering in the breeze and the impact of explosions does a nice job of walking a system and listener through different elements of a sonic experience. What comes to mind from these, even with a subpar ability to place my surrounds, is....detail. You hear details and subtle nuances in the score and sound design that I have heard other systems miss.
One item of note I found odd, the subwoofer was the black model. Now, I am eternally grateful for these don't get me wrong, they are super and beggars cannot be choosers...but apparently HECO does not sell the White Sub in the US and hence Audio Advice can't carry it. The HECO 30A sub in performance is well paired with this configuration, but I'd say if I were purchasing the white set, I'd want that white sub to complete the look. Just my 2 cents on that aspect. In any event If I were in the market for a new setup, these would definitely be high on my list.

G

Gadset

Audiophyte
Ohh I really missed this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis