Returning my SR6015 and just ordered the Emo

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think it also would have to do with overall design/spec to work at the higher heat levels, or even the ambient temperature of the rooms they're used in I suppose. My Pioneer 919 ran very warm (before I knew/thought about adding an external fan) and died not long after warranty expired. Consumer electronics have somewhat a risk factor....such a mix of component/manufacturing variances and design is bound to have various end results.....
Exactly. I believe(for better or worse) the engineers know what they’re doing, and specs is specs! I’ve the Yamaha drum getting beat, but I’ve seen ZERO evidence that they are more reliable. Cooler running or not, total conjecture.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Exactly. I believe(for better or worse) the engineers know what they’re doing, and specs is specs! I’ve the Yamaha drum getting beat, but I’ve seen ZERO evidence that they are more reliable. Cooler running or not, total conjecture.
Well mcode has posted up that one in-industry poll of reliability....but don't imagine anyone has better specs outside of each manufacturer and they don't seem to share a lot. My brother had the 1019, it lasted I think two years beyond warranty.....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well mcode has posted up that one in-industry poll of reliability....but don't imagine anyone has better specs outside of each manufacturer and they don't seem to share a lot. My brother had the 1019, it lasted I think two years beyond warranty.....
I’d be interested in looking at that if anyone has it. Interesting that your brothers 1019 didn’t do so well. Mines been great, mcacc notwithstanding lol. Actually it doesn’t do that bad a job. But it’s no xt32.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’d be interested in looking at that if anyone has it. Interesting that your brothers 1019 didn’t do so well. Mines been great, mcacc notwithstanding lol. Actually it doesn’t do that bad a job. But it’s no xt32.
Well I did follow the 919/1019 stuff for a while and seemed having longer term failures wasn't unusual (not the norm or or anything). I liked the 919, even some of the MCACC features, but may have not treated it as well as I could in positioning/ventilation (but learned from it :) ). I don't think mcode has posted up a lot of the details particularly, but perhaps some general rankings by brand....and it's been a while, what have you got in the way of an update @M Code ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Who cares what an amp looks like? :) Especially you with all your gear in a closet?! I think most av gear is on the ugly side, hard to make these boxes look "good". Solutions include not looking at your gear while using it (kinda boring to do that anyways), or putting it out of the line of sight (or in a closet), or even a rack with doors.
Not true. I look at all my equipment everyday even when they are in the closet.

The aesthetics is for me, not for anyone else. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Oh geez what I have started. I do have an older 7.1 Emo Pre/Pro that’s worked great for years as well as a number of their older power amps. There’s definitely better quality equipment but for my meager budget it’s what I could afford. That being said I do keep my expectations realistic within my own budget. I did have an older 3 channel amp from them that crapped out 7 months after the warranty expired and they still fixed it for free. Im not saying that’s the norm by any means but in my own experience I only have positive things to say about them, now that being said I’m not saying there isn’t an abundance of negative feedback in terms of their post warranty service as it is one thing that concerns me. Either way it’s on its way and we’ll see what happens
I've owned many of EMO amps in the past. All of um performed well with no issues. All where past the 5 year warranty thing. My Son still has my 1st gen XPA-2 still rocking out. It's going on 12 years old. Gene had two of their top monoblock amps crap out on him and EMO wouldn't repair them out of warranty. Emotiva's BasX amps seem interesting though. I'm tempted to try out their BasX 3 channel at $499.00 there nothing out there that can compete. There's Outlaw's monoblocks, or their 5 channel but still cost is higher. Post up your thoughts when you get everything up and running.

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm curious is AC4Less is giving you a hard time? Are they being cool about this situation because I thought I read they are kinda a pain to deal with sometimes?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I'm curious is AC4Less is giving you a hard time? Are they being cool about this situation because I thought I read they are kinda a pain to deal with sometimes?
So at first their response was that I was running too much or a speaker load for the AVR and it was going into protection mode they than offered to sell me a more powerful AVR IN THE SAME EMAIL where I’m asking to return it for a refund. After sending a video of the 6015 powered off and doing the power cycle thing and showing that I have a very capable Carver 705x and Denon POA 8200 with the Marantz only running two pairs of Martin Logan Motion 4i’s they finally agreed to let me return it but not before offering to sell me an AV7708 as I had made it clear I was buying an Emo setup. My response was that I was never buying anything factory refurbished again and that they shouldn’t try and upsell me in the same exchange where I’m clearly frustrated at their $1500 paper weight and am quickly losing faith in them as a company. Needless to say I’ll never buy an AVR from them again. The Emo setup gets here Tuesday and I plan on doing a short amateur review of it on the thread I started about it.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So at first their response was that I was running too much or a speaker load for the AVR and it was going into protection mode they than offered to sell me a more powerful AVR IN THE SAME EMAIL where I’m asking to return it for a refund. After sending a video of the 6015 powered off and doing the power cycle thing and showing that I have a very capable Carver 705x and Denon POA 8200 with the Marantz only running two pairs of Martin Logan Motion 4i’s they finally agreed to let me return it but not before offering to sell me an AV7708 as I had made it clear I was buying an Emo setup. My response was that I was never buying anything factory refurbished again and that they shouldn’t try and upsell me in the same exchange where I’m clearly frustrated at their $1500 paper weight and am quickly losing faith in them as a company. Needless to say I’ll never buy an AVR from them again. The Emo setup gets here Tuesday and I plan on doing a short amateur review of it on the thread I started about it.
That's exactly how I read they can be with returns. The Emo will work out just fine and is a good, stand up company. I can't wait to hear what you think of this set up.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's exactly how I read they can be with returns. The Emo will work out just fine and is a good, stand up company. I can't wait to hear what you think of this set up.
Well it's certainly not the best return policy, but it's not like he got the runaround for weeks about it. Sounds like they got it all wrapped up within a couple of emails, right?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Reliability and support are definitely major factors.

On the topic of reliability, is simply removing the amps out of the chassis the salient factor of reliability?

Are there other factors that are just as important for reliability? Like the engineering/design/implementation? The company who is doing the R&D and manufacturing and quality control?
You probably know I am going to say this.. Yes, AVP with amps along with a few minor things removed is obviously a factor of reliability. Less parts and circuitry generally lead to that.., but definitely not "salient" by definition.

Just ask ourselves, including TLS Guy, what has been your experience with any popular brand power amps? AVR's internal amps of today's are typically of the try and true types, all the main culprit for failures are heat related, that can be solved by adequate natural cooling (placement) and/or a $10 (a little more if temperature controlled) fan.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the Denon in Eco mode and don't detect a difference in sound quality so that's great. Duh should have tried this years ago.
How about temperature? Did you check how warm your Denon was before and after eco mode? It's a significant difference for mine. You can easily tell just by laying your hand on it.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
How about temperature? Did you check how warm your Denon was before and after eco mode? It's a significant difference for mine. You can easily tell just by laying your hand on it.
Actually no, I didn't check before or since. I just know the sound is no different so it's all good.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Everything arrived double boxed which seems to be the Emotiva SOP which I can appreciate. Going to connect everything now and I’ll post my thoughts this evening

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Do you know why TLS Guy said that should his Quad power amps gave him trouble, he would replace them with QSC amps? The answer is simply because, apart from one having very good specs, you can't blow a QSC amp.

Last edited:
Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
A652A1A4-D32A-4212-8E04-B4713270007F.jpeg

Easy to setup, I’m using e-ARC for my Series X so I can still get 4K/120hz and HDMI 1 & 2 for my Panasonic UB900 & 9000. The room correction microphone is horrible, you can’t stand mount it due to the rubber on the bottom so I’ve had to Mickey Mouse a stand. All in all for less than $1000 out the door it’s not too shabby. The mounts I ordered for my top middles will be here tomorrow and I ordered a new power amp. My Carver is making a high pitched ringing sound but it’s not all the time, however I have no idea what’s causing it and I’ve tried different interconnects, power outlets and even speaker cables to no avail. Tomorrow I’ll go full Atmos with a 7.3.6 setup adding some Mirage Omni 60 surround backs

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis