What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Just purchased to replace my original U.S. Warner "palm tree" pressing, which exhibited skips/stylus sticking on several tracks -- absolutely gorgeous-sounding (and affordable!) version, especially considering the thin vinyl used and the gold color...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I know some of those songs, but not all.^^
Love me some good disco.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I know some of those songs, but not all.^^
Love me some good disco.
Indeed, Afterlife; I'm a sucker for the genre, too, and I have a bunch of LPs and 12-inch singles from this era, namely from when I was a mobile DJ...

This Night at Studio 54 project was always a boyhood favorite of mine, and I can remember listening to the eight-track cassette of it -- I don't, for the LIFE of me, recall when or how we acquired it -- at one of my dad's furniture stores when I was a kid. All these years later, listening to it as an adult, I am overwhelmed by some of the poor mixing done on the tracks by two DJs who worked at the actual club and who engineered this two-LP set; I mean, some of the mixes are just downright ODD or bad, with one song just thrown into another in the middle of a verse.

This compilation was supposed to be a "live capture" of an actual night at the club, so you're hearing what the crowd heard that evening -- it ended up being that this was merely a recording of songs you'd "likely hear" at the club if you went there around that time (79 or so). It was also supposed to feature crowd sounds in the background, as if you were right there on the dance floor with all those freaks, but they supposedly couldn't get the sound right, so they eliminated the crowd -- as it stands, the two records include these disco stormers of the time, segued into one another, DJ-style, though, as I mentioned, many of them come off as poor excuses for a "mix."

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A repost in tribute. :(
Been awhile I did a... Seal to reveal.
IMG_15072021_181839_(1154_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Always been a fan of this band. This record is really good and sounds A+ clean. Dave sounds like Rick Springfield(He is a fan and played with him) on some tracks. Amazon ordered and packed well. My third vinyl purchase from them. I looked at my order history and I forgot I bought Amy Winehouse Back to Black(New $19.99) for only $9.99 and Portishead(used $45) for $7.99 in early 2013. This record will be on repeats.
IMG_15072021_181912_(1175_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Medicine at Midnight is the tenth studio album by American rock band Foo Fighters. It was released through RCA and Roswell Records on February 5, 2021, after having its release be pushed out of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Produced by Greg Kurstin and the band, the album shows a slight shift in the band's style, pairing their usual rock sound with elements of dance-rock and pop.
IMG_15072021_181928_(2200_x_1546_pixel).jpg

Three singles were released for the album: "Shame Shame" in November 2020, "No Son of Mine" on New Year's Day 2021, and "Waiting on a War" in January 2021. The album received generally positive reviews from critics.
IMG_15072021_181853_(2200_x_1332_pixel).jpg

Grohl likened the album's sound to David Bowie's Let's Dance album, with him explaining that it's "not like a EDM, disco, [or] modern dance record" but rather "this really up, fun record" that is "filled with anthemic, huge, sing-along rock songs."

IMG_15072021_181944_(1777_x_2200_pixel).jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought some "new" (that is re-issued on another label) records over the weekend. The Mose Allison originally came out in 1962, I don't get it when 60 years later someone re-issues it or ANY record on "colored" vinyl, ( in this caae orange) just keep it basic black I always say.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.59.01 PM.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis