Monolith 15 inch sub on sale-$300 off

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That looks like a future project for the theater that doesn't ever seem like it'll get completed.

Much more simple for my couch sub, but I learned about something new!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
From a value proposition, the BOSS platforms using those JBLs seem very high in the Bang-For-The-Buck category. Over in the Devastaor threads on AVS, there are guys that go out and buy 10 or 12 of those drivers at a time. Of course, there is also a Dev Build for 4 of those 12" JBLs... I think one guy may have a BOSS platform and at least 4 of those Quad Devs.

A big part of that whole concept is the value proposition of what you are getting from 4-6 12" drivers. In fact, I've seen several cats over there comment that it's not strictly a Tactile effect that they are getting from their platforms but that the platform is actually registering on room sweeps with some legit infrasonic impact.
I’ve been selling my wife on four devs for my LR. I have enough room, and architectural interest that I could do an architectural build and they’d almost be invisible.(not that I care)
My friend built a couple. Great subs.
And yeah, some of those guys over there are nukkin futz!!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve been selling my wife on four devs for my LR. I have enough room, and architectural interest that I could do an architectural build and they’d almost be invisible.(not that I care)
My friend built a couple. Great subs.
And yeah, some of those guys over there are nukkin futz!!!
Dude... Red Five has done some monster designs on new Devs that are simply astounding in the performance they get. The newer ones with the Stepped Front and around 22Hz tunes are exemplary of what can be achieved. If you couple those with some lower tuned direct radiating Subs, you can do some serious damage!
In fact John has designed two sidekick cabinets for either the 18" Ultimax or the SI HS24 that will take you down as low as you can stand.
:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Dude... Red Five has done some monster designs on new Devs that are simply astounding in the performance they get. The newer ones with the Stepped Front and around 22Hz tunes are exemplary of what can be achieved. If you couple those with some lower tuned direct radiating Subs, you can do some serious damage!
In fact John has designed two sidekick cabinets for either the 18" Ultimax or the SI HS24 that will take you down as low as you can stand.
:D
Fo sho! I’ve been drooling on all that stuff. I just need to brush up on my drafting and drawing skills so I can show her how integrated it can be. She knows how much the fv18’s are so if I can build these in, and be cheaper, it should be easy. Just need some time to do it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Fo sho! I’ve been drooling on all that stuff. I just need to brush up on my drafting and drawing skills so I can show her how integrated it can be. She knows how much the fv18’s are so if I can build these in, and be cheaper, it should be easy. Just need some time to do it.
This is one of the ones I was thinking about while reading what you wrote:

There's another but I haven't found it yet...

;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is one of the ones I was thinking about while reading what you wrote:

There's another but I haven't found it yet...

;)
Gonna spend some time reading about that right now. Looks promising!!!

I realized the op is named 383 s-10. My brother used to have a 383 in his little s-10. Iirc his best 1/4mi time was around 8.30. Has a new engine and going 1/8mi. I loathe 1/8mi drag racing but I will say they are fast.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis