Monolith 15 inch sub on sale-$300 off

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, that's not a bad deal for that sub tho!
Monoprice has a few things for sale right now on that Monolith line

They put the monster 16 subs for sale like 2099 killer deal for those beasts

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Extremely good deals. The sound quality as well as output of those things are bananas.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder if those would fit under theater seats?
Ohh... take those feet off and slide that bad boy under your couch with the speaker facing up!

*Edit: Looks like you'd need at least 7" clearance, even with the feet off to allow enough room for the amp and driver.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t think they have it right now but there was a SI slim sub driver…
Of course with Szi prices it’s a different game, but c’mon! :D Every seat with an SI hover driver! :p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I wonder if those would fit under theater seats?
It won't fit under any of the couches I have, but it will go behind very well so that's going to be it's home.

I do have the stuff to build one so I may do that if I still have enough MDF in my garage.

Would like to have one or two in the living room and another for my office. My JBL sub does OK, but it could use some help till it gets replaced with a big boy sub at some point.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I would probably do a BOSS instead.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Why is it that people that advertise amp's sub's etc rarely show the back panel with all the connections that are available. It's all very well showing the front, and the right side, left side and top, just what do they have to hide leaving out the back ?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Why is it that people that advertise amp's sub's etc rarely show the back panel with all the connections that are available. It's all very well showing the front, and the right side, left side and top, just what do they have to hide leaving out the back ?
Did you try... maybe scrolling down the page... perhaps... halfway?
1647906359910.png

It's right there, kitty-kat.

;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I was thinking about that when I mentioned sliding it under the couch. A couple of these would be a lot easier! You need some pretty good clearance for them to work tho...
Yep. Clearance that most couches don’t have. Not to mention a BOSS can shake the entire couch in a way that a sub under it can’t. That sub can’t go as low, and you have spl to deal with(although being THAT nearfield, modes would likely be nil, ironically autocorrected to null lol). The BOSS is pretty much an IB alignment so it’s 100% TR baby.
For the record, that’s my .02 and my opinion. Might not be for everyone. Also. If you DO get here, I’d be ecstatic to demo for you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When I see BOSS in audio I automatically go to an ultra low end car audio brand.

That can't be what you're talking about?

Scroll down for some build images. It's a riser for under furniture with woofers built in for the butt kicker effect, but done with actual sub drivers.

95664129-B144-4CCD-92AB-F2EA72A0560F.jpeg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
When I see BOSS in audio I automatically go to an ultra low end car audio brand.

That can't be what you're talking about?
Yeah. I’m talking about what @Pogre posted. Definitely not the cheap car audio crap. Ironically, early boss risers used a fairly cheap JBL driver that often went on sale for 29 bucks. I only used one(will add one more), but there are some insane builds with multiple drivers. Some even using 18’s. Personally I think some have gotten into comical levels of TR, but it’s cool to see what you can do.
Edit: The Hideaway Theater
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=47413&share_tid=2991522&url=https://www.avsforum.com/index.php?threads/The-Hideaway-Theater.2991522/&share_type=t&link_source=app
That’s the original thread. It’s like 10,000 pages long now. But you can also see the other varieties. Like hover boss, back boss, cantilever boss etc. LOTS of reading but you can probably learn something anyways.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
From a value proposition, the BOSS platforms using those JBLs seem very high in the Bang-For-The-Buck category. Over in the Devastaor threads on AVS, there are guys that go out and buy 10 or 12 of those drivers at a time. Of course, there is also a Dev Build for 4 of those 12" JBLs... I think one guy may have a BOSS platform and at least 4 of those Quad Devs.

A big part of that whole concept is the value proposition of what you are getting from 4-6 12" drivers. In fact, I've seen several cats over there comment that it's not strictly a Tactile effect that they are getting from their platforms but that the platform is actually registering on room sweeps with some legit infrasonic impact.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis