Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It is frustrating for sure. Yamaha manuals leave more out than they put in. I’ve been going back and forth with them for a long time. They know these new models have all kinds of issues and they have asked me as many questions as I've asked them about this finicky little f#%ker. I may tinker with it today at some point.

T

themcbrooms

Audiophyte
It is frustrating for sure. Yamaha manuals leave more out than they put in. I’ve been going back and forth with them for a long time. They know these new models have all kinds of issues and they have asked me as many questions as I've asked them about this finicky little f#%ker. I may tinker with it today at some point.
I agree! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Couldn’t get anything to work properly today and came upon another new issue. I sent the info to Yamaha. The little one eyed s#%t box was pulling 2.1 duty for music in another room recently and that is just where it is going back to stay. Should’ve left it there and spared myself more aggravation.:mad:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yikes, been a month since I posted about the little f#%ker. The RX-V6A has been resigned to music duties in another room permanently. It's a fine little music streamer. Whatever issues it has with everything else, streaming over a network works brilliantly. I like that I can simply select some music and play it until I turn the power off. Then, when I want it back on, I do not need to fiddle with the remote control or MusicCast app. I just walk up to it, tap the power button and it continues to play music from the previous session.

"So, why no more video duties?" you ask? Well, it just f#%ked me over one more time than it should have when it could not display the setup or option menus over HDR10+ content when played back at 24Hz. Now, this is an issue that will have few complaining as it is very specific. But, having the screen go dark and not come back until the menus were removed was the last straw. "Oh, what did Yamaha say about the issue?" you ask? They said, "This is normal." I'll just leave it there before I lose my s#%t.:mad:

So, I have three Onkyos and a Yamaha in different rooms. I thought I might double the amount of rooms that could produce music if I turned on Zone 2 in all of the receivers. I could just wire each one up into an adjoining room or area. This is when everybody f#%ked me over. Yamaha does not support Chromecast, DTS Play-Fi or Flareconnect. Only one Onkyo had Chromecast actually built in and did not need Google Home Bulls#%t setup to work. While two Onkyos support Flareconnect, the 2021 models have dropped Flareconnect for linking receivers together.

Now, even if all of the receivers, including the Yamaha, supported Chromecast, DTS Play-Fi or Flareconnect, those outfits DO NOT allow streaming to multiple zones. Setup Zone 2 in the receivers and stream to them using any of those outfits and they will actually tell you Zone 2 is not supported and will automatically turn Zone 2 off!:mad: That is just f#%ked up. Ok, ok, no multiple zones and Yamaha doesn't support those outfits anyway. Think you idiot, think.

Wait, Onkyo put out a firmware update for my oldest unit to support Airplay 2. The Onkyos and the Yamaha now collectively support Airplay 2 so I can use it to cast music to all of them. Will it work with Zone 2 ON? Will it work reliably over the wireless network so that I do not have to crawl under the house and see that skeleton, again? I really need to just bury that thing already. Ok robust network and assorted AV components for which I paid a pretty penny, it's time to deliver! All Zones ON! Music ON! Status report! "All Zones accounted for and playing music Captain!" Excellent! Now, turn all of this s#%t off, I'm getting a headache. "But Captain, what about wiring up the adjoining rooms?" Oh, f#%k that! I'm not crawling under the house today, no way! I'm gonna' call this a win and retire to my quarters. Oh, and there'd better be some Romulan ale waiting for me when I get there or I'm gonna' beam somebody's a$$ to the far side of the f#%kin' moon!:mad:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Fired up the little droid for some experiments today and downloaded firmware 1.53. I don't know what the f#%k it does and it’s not on the Yamaha support page. Eh, whatever.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Apparently the update contains improvements to Internet Radio and Podcast playback, MusicCast improvements and bug fixes as well as dealing with some Reboot issues. So, basically, nothing anybody give a s#%t about at the end of the day.;)

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I'm really loving mine. I've been pushing it pretty hard at times and it has zero issues. Really do appreciate the music cast app just purely for adjusting sub trim to suit.

Filipe

Filipe

Enthusiast
Hey guys, a bit late on this but, how can I confirm if my RX-V6A needs the board replacement or not? On this Yamaha news page it says to check if there is an * before the version on the firmware menu of the unit:
Update for HDMI Compatibility of Select 2020 AV Receivers with Certain Gaming, Video Devices (...png

Mine does no have the *, but I have registered my unit on the Yamaha website on November 2021 and haven't received any email about the replacement. Do I have to register elsewhere?
I haven't worried about this because I don't currently have the need for 4k/120Hz, but I might in the near future.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys, a bit late on this but, how can I confirm if my RX-V6A needs the board replacement or not? On this Yamaha news page it says to check if there is an * before the version on the firmware menu of the unit:
View attachment 56591

Mine does no have the *, but I have registered my unit on the Yamaha website on November 2021 and haven't received any email about the replacement. Do I have to register elsewhere?
I haven't worried about this because I don't currently have the need for 4k/120Hz, but I might in the near future.
Did you sign up here?

Filipe

Filipe

Enthusiast
Isn't that just the normal registration? I'm in Europe, I registered on the European site. If I try to use my login on the US version it doesn't work.
The European version of that news page says "we will inform registered and affected customers in the order of the registration date step by step. Be sure to register your product to get direct communication about the update program. click here."
Clicking on the "click here" opens the product registration page, where I already have my receiver registered. If they informed the customers in the order of the registration I should have been contacted already seeing that I registered before they even started the program..

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, it does seem as though you should have been contacted by now. Have you reached out to them?

Filipe

Filipe

Enthusiast
Yes, it does seem as though you should have been contacted by now. Have you reached out to them?
Yes, the answer is that I have to wait to be contacted by Yamaha..

To the people here that already have been contacted, on what date did you make your product registration?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I registered my RX-V6A back in early November. My unit needed the replacement. I received confirmation of registration and enrollment in the replacement program within a couple of hours. But, I’d been in close contact with Yamaha concerning the RX-V6A for some time. While United Radio Consumer Electronics handled the HDMI board replacements in the US, I have no information about the handling in Europe.

K

K-mu

Audiophyte
Got the TSR-700 and need help setting the front Atmos speakers

I have my Klipsch atmos speakers up firing to the ceiling and sitting on top of the front L and R speakers, how should I set up my Atmos speakers on the receiver?

The TSR-700 gives me 3 options but not sure which one is the right one
Front Height: installed on the wall
Overheard: installed on the ceiling
Dolby Enabled SP: Dolby enabled speakers are used as the front presence

Is Dolby enabled the same as up firing my Atmos speakers? Got no clue if this is the right one or not

THX in advance

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, after ranting about the XBOX Series S and its connection to my Onkyo TX-NR6050 and LG C1, I decided I'd finish pulling out what is left of my hair by connecting the XBOX Series S to the little Imperial droid and see if I didn't end up throwing it out of a window. Things were said, hair was pulled. At one point, I burst out laughing in hysterics. "S#%t, maybe I am f#%kin' crazy," I thought as I sat in a room torn apart with remote controllers and wires thrown about. The RX-V6A has a 24gbps cap that is very limiting when DSC is not present throughout the entire setup. I'll rant about those issues in another thread but there was one thing that surprised me and resulted in the hysterical laughter. The little f#%ker supports 1440p resolution and it can be selected in the XBOX Series S for output when connected to the RX-V6A.:oops:o_O:D So, all bets are off folks, Hook your s#%t up with Ultra Certified cables and see what you get with your own devices. It's a f#%kin' mess out there with console, receiver and TV manufacturers all playing their part in this f#%kin' s#%t show. Ignorance is bliss. I should never have bought that f#%kin' XBOX. Eh, I'll just go blow off some steam killing' off the Horde in Gears 5.;)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, fired up the little droid to play some music using the MusicCast app. The app said their was an update so I started it. I thought it meant an app update but it was a firmware update for the receiver. Now it's on 1.58. F#%ked if I know what it fixes or adds to the little one eyed beast. Oh, did I mention I ran the update over WiFi. Yeah, I live on the edge.:p

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, update contains Internet radio bug fixes, VRR and ALLM. Almost two years in, it’s kinda’ hard to give a s#%t with the 24Gbps cap and all. Eh, movin’ on.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
So, update contains Internet radio bug fixes, VRR and ALLM. Almost two years in, it’s kinda’ hard to give a s#%t with the 24Gbps cap and all. Eh, movin’ on.
I bit off topic my Sony 65 inch OLED is hooked to my Marantz SR 6015 with latest AppleTV4k while watching Paramount App the Dolby Atmos lights up on the SR6015 but when I switch to Sony's build n Apps [Google] the paramount App just gives me Dolby sound via SR6015 , I don't understand why this is happening. I am using eARC on the Sony to 6015 & Apple TV hooked to Sr 6015 .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis