Sound United has been sold....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well than, it is true, glad Yamaha and Sherwood doesn't have any ties or past ties. :D You know what they say birds of a feather flock together, like ole Sleepy Joe and that China dude Xi Jumping.:DYep good ole buttbuddys I tell ya. :D Sherwood, Emotiva, Denon, Marantz, wow. Oh poor Onkyo to huh.
$6600 Arcam made in Vietnam:

$5500 Rotel made in China:

$7,500 Anthem AVM 90 made in Vietnam:

$7000 NAD made in China:

Denon X6700/X8500 and Marantz AV8805 made in JAPAN:

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
So let me get this straight, Sherwood makes 85% of Denon, Marantz,Onkyo. Sherwood use to build Emotiva gear in the past. So umm than that'll make Emotiva, Denon, Onkyo and Marantz, cousins?
Kissin cousins and I hear they're getting married. I wonder what the kids will look like? :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree. This has me very concerned. This is a very modern phenomenon that has been building for several decades now, to have CEOs who have no idea or clue about the businesses they are in charge of. That is why reliability of goods and services are really circling the drain.

The number of friends, family and neighbors who have major appliances and other high ticket items that fail prematurely, and I mean really prematurely is just staggering and a disgrace. When you do due diligence you find there is only one item in any category that won't fail. I am dead serious when I say there is only one brand of washing machine and dryer that will not fail prematurely, and only one dishwasher.

When I got the builder's list of appliances for our new home build, I put a line through the whole list, and chose very carefully. The builder built four homes on this circle. We were the first to occupy. We are the only ones who have not had a major appliance failure. Two of the homes have had more then one. One of my sons has had premature failure of his laundry equipment (Samsung).

A close friend had to have a new double oven set. She wanted Wolf. It took months to come. I warned her they were no good, despite being top dollar. They failed within a couple of weeks. Parts are not expected to be available until March 28!

There needs to be a law passed that no CEO can run a company that does not hold advanced qualifications on the goods being produced.

One of the root causes of this, is individuals being in charge of companies that they know absolutely nothing about.
Don't you come from an industry with a lot of that, the medical industry? Lots of bean counters out there....
Do they (Shunyata) make any AVR, AVP, Amps or Speakers?
No, they make snake oil audio products. Right up there with fraudioquest, nordost, mit, etc

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The amount of incompetent people running large corporations and handling production decisions on famed TV series is staggering. Just look at how crappy Star Trek has become, written by folks that never watched an episode of past shows in their lives.
Star Wars is on shaky ground right now too, but there's at least a glimmer of hope for it. I love(d) Star Trek too. Unfortunately there isn't much hope in sight for that series in the foreseeable future. There seems to be an almost mean spirited glee taken in crapping all over legacy Star Trek for some reason. I feel your pain man, I really do.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Kissin cousins and I hear they're getting married. I wonder what the kids will look like? :p
Lol, I see you on to me. ;) Just jacking around bro. How'd you like the Sleepy Joe and Xi Jinping buttbuddy thing. :D

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
So just two Denon models made in Japan, interesting.
Note the Anthem and Arcam(and JBL) pre-processors are built by the same factory in Vietnam, this is the same factory that originally built AVRs for Marantz, Harman/Kardon, NAD for many years.. Also they recently added a 2nd factory where they build a wide range of soundbars and BT smart speakers for multiple brands...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Note the Anthem and Arcam(and JBL) pre-processors are built by the same factory in Vietnam, this is the same factory that originally built AVRs for Marantz, Harman/Kardon, NAD for many years.. Also they recently added a 2nd factory where they build a wide range of soundbars and BT smart speakers for multiple brands...

Just my $0.02... ;)
@M Code thanks for the info. I've learned a few things about the AVR industry. My post mostly, are just poking fun at the situation at hand. Glad you jumped in on this thread in keeping it real.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Seriously though, I'm just glad I'm not in the market for an AVR at present. Hopefully I'll get a few more years out of my Yamaha 3060, it's just rock solid, and I still love it. But these kinds of acquisitions are the unfortunate way of the world these days. Hopefully they won't lose sight of what Denon and Marantz have been about. Which is to make high quality home entertainment gear for a long long time now.

That new Marantz MODEL 40n looks absolutely stellar! I want one, on looks alone..

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
@M Code thanks for the info. I've learned a few things about the AVR industry. My post mostly, are just poking fun at the situation at hand. Glad you jumped in on this thread in keeping it real.
Noted... :)
I don't post a lot I just hang out here hoping to learn about Home Theater from our resident experts...
Peng and lovinhd.... :rolleyes:

Just my $0.02.... ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Noted... :)
I don't post a lot I just hang out here hoping to learn about Home Theater from our resident experts...
Peng and lovinhd.... :rolleyes:

Just my $0.02.... ;)
Dude... for what it's worth, I really love it when I see your avatar pop up. I know that you are in it, and that you can't always say things...
But when you do, it means something.
And I appreciate.
1645049330442.png

Thank you.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
where have you been ? It already has ...........

I don’t consider SNAKE OIL stuff as an Audio company.

So anyway, as I was saying, Masimo Corp may be the first Medical-Equipment company to be a true Audio company, not SNAKE OIL.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis