Audioengine HD3 or HD4 Users?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had sold my gaming PC late last year, because I found myself to old and just gaming on the PS5 or Xbox 1SX (I guess not that old) ;)

I converted over to the Macbook Pro 16 M1 Pro Max, as I use it primarily for work and editing my drone footage. I have had a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv 4 since 2014/2015 and I think the amps are starting to go.
I am looking at the HD3 and HD4 Audieoengine speakers, mainly because of form factor, they have integrated DACs and a USB input since I do not have an optical out on the Macbook.

Does anyone have experience with these models. They will be used mainly to stream Apple Music HD, youtube and very limited gaming if it all. (If you are not a Fan of Apple Music, or think Apple is the devil, could you please leave that out of the reply) LOL.

Plan B: Get a inexpensive DAC like the Toping D10 if the powered speakers don't have a dac, or USB input.

T

ThunderClap

Audioholic
I have the hd3 paired with S8 sub outstanding for near field listening .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had the HD3 in my cart, cancelled, had the HD4 in my cart, cancelled, was going to get the 5+, now thinking of going back to the good deal I can get on the KEF LSX... I used to enjoy the research, now I am crippled by it LOL. If I get the LSX will need to get the external DAC. LS50 are too big and costly

Last edited:
T

ThunderClap

Audioholic
I had the HD3 in my cart, cancelled, had the HD4 in my cart, cancelled, was going to get the 5+, now thinking of going back to the good deal I can get on the KEF LSX... I used to enjoy the research, now I am crippled by it LOL. If I get the LSX will need to get the external DAC. LS50 are too big and costly
HD3 was perfect for me; built in DAC - s8 under my Desk - superb non tiring sound.

I spent I think 4 hours on the IMac the other night - doing work with music non stop - country to metal .

Zero fatigue

I also bought the bloks underneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Get a pair of Kali IN-5s. You’ll want an external dac though :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis